A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 15, 2024, 10:08:06 pm
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 41   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: REI  (Read 279334 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #285 on: January 05, 2016, 04:11:30 pm »

Thanks, CF for ongoing legal analysis.

One minor correction: The land has been zoned PUD-128 since 1972 (long before it was turned into a park).  The original PUD envisioned all sorts of high intensity development: Commercial shopping, Office Medium Heavy, residential multifamily. From the staff analysis: "It permits the property to be used for over a million SF of office space with building heights up to 154 feet and over 60,000 SF of commercial floor area by right."

Once it was turned into a park thanks to public/private partnership, nobody ever bothered to rezone the land to agricultural, which would have been appropriate.  The PUD just sat there, dormant and unknown to most people in town.

So two actions have occurred related to land use.  The original PUD was amended for the 5th time PUD-128 E.  This was considered a minor amendment, which is why it didn't go before the City Council.  After the minor amendment to the PUD was approved, the comprehensive plan Land Use Map was also amended from "Parks and Open Space" to "Mixed Use Corridor" and the designation was changed from "area of stability" to "area of change."

May have been a minor amendment, but sounds like a major PUD pull to me.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
utulsadenverite
Citizen

« Reply #286 on: January 05, 2016, 04:32:58 pm »

From the outside looking in as a longtime Tulsan who now lives in Denver, it is so mindless that this has a thread of 20 pages long. This should absolutely get approved and we should move on.
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #287 on: January 05, 2016, 04:41:00 pm »

That's funny, since it wouldn't be approved in Denver.  But enjoy your terrific land use planning and zoning ordinance out there!
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #288 on: January 05, 2016, 04:53:47 pm »

From the outside looking in as a longtime Tulsan who now lives in Denver, it is so mindless that this has a thread of 20 pages long. This should absolutely get approved and we should move on.

What do you mean "we" Kemo Sabe?
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #289 on: January 05, 2016, 06:16:45 pm »

Yeah, lets get this park land squared away into sporting goods so we can get on to the other parks. I bet Woodward would be a great Outlet Mall location. Good traffic flow, good demographics and so much sales tax dollars to harvest. Then we can all move to Denver!

onward...through the fog
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #290 on: January 06, 2016, 10:45:48 am »

Please expand on your thoughts on the issue. You made a statement to try and establish credibility, a passing insult, and a conclusion statement. But WHY should it be approved and, more specifically, what analysis do you disagree with? 

I can dumb down the 20 pages to 5 points:

1) It is a park, they did not follow the proper process to develop a city park;
2) The process they did follow, while it may be in line with the opens meeting act, was mostly closed to the public;
3) The land is being sold for far less than market value;
4) The proposed development is not well designed for that site and use; and
5) The dream "of more sales tax" is an alchemists promise and not a panacea to develop whatever, where-ever. 

You felt strongly enough to follow the issue from out of town, create an account, log in, and comment - and certainly challenging the common vein in this thread is a good thing, so please expand.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #291 on: January 06, 2016, 04:28:52 pm »

Someone run the IP to make sure the comment didn’t come from City Hall.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #292 on: January 06, 2016, 05:31:27 pm »

Someone run the IP to make sure the comment didn’t come from City Hall.

No, I suspect it's something else.

The CEO of REI, Jerry Stritzke, is actually from Tulsa.

http://newsroom.rei.com/news/jerry-stritzke-named-president-and-ceo-rei.htm
https://news.okstate.edu/articles/jerry-stritzke-says-osu-was-instrumental-his-ascension-top-coach

« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 05:34:21 pm by swake » Logged
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #293 on: January 06, 2016, 05:32:25 pm »

I want to make sure this is quoted in fact and won't be deleted. Somebody might want to check the IP and see who owns it.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 05:35:46 pm by swake » Logged
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #294 on: January 06, 2016, 06:45:20 pm »

You been eaten to much of that "Candy" up there....Huh

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #295 on: January 06, 2016, 09:38:59 pm »

Great sleuthing, swake, but doesn’t really match REI’s latest statement they would not develop until the issue was settled.  If that traced to his server, he’d really look like an idiot.

Global Moderator
Civic Leader

« Reply #296 on: January 07, 2016, 11:28:18 am »

To stop the rumor mill before it really gets rolling -

The IP of the above poster is from the Denver area.

REI is headquarter in Washington, and Jerry Strizke lives in Seattle. The IP of the posted is not from Seattle, and is not, as best as I can tell, from an REI store in Denver.

XoXo,

Your friendly neighborhood Moderator

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #297 on: January 07, 2016, 11:36:08 am »

To stop the rumor mill before it really gets rolling -

The IP of the above poster is from the Denver area.

REI is headquarter in Washington, and Jerry Strizke lives in Seattle. The IP of the posted is not from Seattle, and is not, as best as I can tell, from an REI store in Denver.

XoXo,

Your friendly neighborhood Moderator

Ok, thanks.

utulsadenverite
Citizen

« Reply #298 on: January 07, 2016, 02:15:13 pm »

Cry more. I am a graduate of Booker T and the University of Tulsa. I lived in Tulsa for 22 years and OKC for 8 years. I moved here to follow a girl, drink copious amounts of craft beer, and ski whenever possible. I love Tulsa and all it has to offer. This is the type of store it needs. 

=It always amazes me of the certain stupid anti-development and anti-tax crowd down there. See vision 2025 coming in 10 years after it should have because of the Michael Bates like 'tards. If you devote the new proposal to public safety, it goes to show just how dumb bartlett and that crowd is. I think  I follow stuff down there closely because I have friends and family down there and love the University, especially the basketball team. Tulsa needs to expand the interesting things it is doing such as developing the river and expanding on the downtown arts vibe. Sorry senors and senoritas, pushing more outlet malls, suburban highschools, charter schools, and warren theaters is not going to get young people to move to Tulsa.
pfox
Civic Leader

« Reply #299 on: January 07, 2016, 02:45:34 pm »

Caveat: I have by no means read this entire thread.  That said, I think there are two things happening here: a philosophical argument and a legal argument.  They are not necessarily one and the same, yet they are being conflated.  I am also not sure all of the facts are on the table either.  It appears there are some assumptions that are being made that are significant and relevant to the situation that might determine what can happen at the location.

Let's start with one thing that has been stated as a fact, which it may not be.  And that is, that this parcel is Park land.  It is being used as Park, but that is not the same as "it is Park".  I am not an expert, and I don't know all the facts, but this, clearly, is a gateway issue.  Can someone definitively clarify that? 

"Our uniqueness is overshadowed by our inability to be unique."
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 41   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org