A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:03:26 am
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 41   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: REI  (Read 277879 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #255 on: December 16, 2015, 10:10:26 am »

Sales taxes, bro.  That's all that matters to them.  At least until we hear that they got some sales tax abatement to thank them for blessing us with their riverside box.

This administration shows an utter lack of economic sophistication to the point of it appearing like retardation.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #256 on: December 16, 2015, 10:34:41 am »

Can anyone find approved minutes from any of the Tulsa Public Facilities Authority meetings?

I can find agendas, and I can find minutes from the Tulsa COUNTY authority, but no luck on the TPFA approved minutes.  Don't approved minutes from public boards and commissions have to be made available to the public?  Or do I have to call some mysterious person and ask for them, like it was 1990?
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #257 on: December 16, 2015, 11:04:09 am »

Can anyone find approved minutes from any of the Tulsa Public Facilities Authority meetings?

I found minutes for DCC, Human Rights Commission, Greater Tulsa Area Indian Affairs Commission, Greater Tulsa Area Hispanic Affairs Commission, Mayor's Commission on the Status of Women, Transportation Advisory Board, City Council, etc.

It is super easy to find the agenda for a group:
https://www.cityoftulsa.org/our-city/meeting-agendas/agendas-by-board,-trust-and-authority.aspx

But I could not find the meeting minutes for the TPFA.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #258 on: December 16, 2015, 12:22:25 pm »

This administration shows an utter lack of economic sophistication to the point of it appearing like retardation Underhanded.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #259 on: December 16, 2015, 03:08:49 pm »

This administration shows an utter lack of economic sophistication to the point of it appearing like retardation mentally challenged.

You are not allowed to call anyone "retarded".  Grin

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #260 on: December 16, 2015, 03:33:24 pm »

You are not allowed to call anyone "retarded".  Grin

Robert Frost asks October to "Retard the sun with gentle mist"
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #261 on: December 16, 2015, 04:04:47 pm »

How 'bout...

This administration acts as a retardant, preventing and slowing Tulsa's ability to reach its potential.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #262 on: December 16, 2015, 04:22:26 pm »

(not lecturing Conan, just an interesting side discussion)

I'm not overly PC, and it doesnt bother me when others describe a mentally handicapped person as "mentally retarded." But, I understand why mentally handicapped people and their guardians don't like the word to be used as an insult. In this instance, the persons responsible for the public trust are not acting because of a genetic issue, a brain injury, or other mental handicap. So don't insult those people!  Cheesy

Also not sure if "mentally handicapped" is the preferred nomenclature. I know "special" went out the window when it started to be used as a pejorative. Idiot, imbecile, and moron were medical terms - that were subsumed as pure insults and dropped as descriptive terms. For a while it was developmentally delayed, but "DD" was already taken by MADD so it didn't stick. "Intellectually and developmentally disabled" was too long. "Challenged" is thrown around as a stand in, but that gets confusing - "My son is intellectually challenged."  And I leave thinking the kid got in to a really tough engineering program. The Down syndrome society wants it to be "differently-abled," which is a tortured euphemism waiting to be turned into the next "special."

I guess its all about usage and intent.

/tangent

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #263 on: December 16, 2015, 04:26:06 pm »

My total lack of tact is one of my more charming assets.  Kiss

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #264 on: December 16, 2015, 04:43:02 pm »

"differently-abled," which is a tortured euphemism waiting to be turned into the next "special."

Challenge accepted
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #265 on: December 16, 2015, 07:12:33 pm »

/tangent

I think that eventually most terms used to replace undesirable terms become undesirable.  No net gain.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #266 on: December 17, 2015, 01:45:26 pm »

(not lecturing Conan, just an interesting side discussion)

I'm not overly PC, and it doesnt bother me when others describe a mentally handicapped person as "mentally retarded." But, I understand why mentally handicapped people and their guardians don't like the word to be used as an insult. In this instance, the persons responsible for the public trust are not acting because of a genetic issue, a brain injury, or other mental handicap. So don't insult those people!  Cheesy

Also not sure if "mentally handicapped" is the preferred nomenclature. I know "special" went out the window when it started to be used as a pejorative. Idiot, imbecile, and moron were medical terms - that were subsumed as pure insults and dropped as descriptive terms. For a while it was developmentally delayed, but "DD" was already taken by MADD so it didn't stick. "Intellectually and developmentally disabled" was too long. "Challenged" is thrown around as a stand in, but that gets confusing - "My son is intellectually challenged."  And I leave thinking the kid got in to a really tough engineering program. The Down syndrome society wants it to be "differently-abled," which is a tortured euphemism waiting to be turned into the next "special."

/tangent

Have family members that are Aspberger's - or were for a few years until that was blended back into autism.  One of the terms I hear is 'neuro-typical', with the corresponding, 'neuro-nontypical'.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #267 on: December 17, 2015, 04:14:05 pm »

Well, I was able to request the approved minutes from TPFA related to REI, going back to March of 2013  Dozens of meetings were held over the past 2 years, but except for a couple meetings, everything was discussed in "executive session" where it was closed to the public.

Public process, indeed.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #268 on: December 17, 2015, 04:15:49 pm »

Well, I was able to request the approved minutes from TPFA related to REI, going back to March of 2013  Dozens of meetings were held over the past 2 years, but except for a couple meetings, everything was discussed in "executive session" where it was closed to the public.

Public process, indeed.

Can you publish/share the meetings online?  I'd be interested to see what was discussed, what was open to the public, and why so many executive sessions were needed.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #269 on: December 17, 2015, 07:35:46 pm »

"I will say, there was one person that was in opposition with it," Bird said

"I have talked to the developer. They do have — they've got a secondary site in mind, because they really like that market," Bird said.

Unlike the Tulsa Development Authority, TPFA owns land and may sell it without council approval.

http://publicradiotulsa.org/post/councilors-ask-questions-about-potential-rei-deal

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 41   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org