A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 09:49:46 am
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thanks Jim  (Read 12559 times)
Ed W
City Father

Re:
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2015, 02:08:14 pm »

Gas tax is only part of toad funding, with most of it going to state and federal highways. Oklahoma suffers from numerous deficient bridges and most of them are county responsibilities.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
guido911
T-Town Elder

Re:
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2015, 10:23:34 pm »

Gas tax is only part of toad funding, with most of it going to state and federal highways. Oklahoma suffers from numerous deficient bridges and most of them are county responsibilities.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Ed W
City Father

Re:
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2015, 08:37:35 am »

I knew someone would correct that, warts and all.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2015, 08:38:53 pm »

Have any info on how much of that gas tax is actually spent on roads for each state?  States that charge general sales tax on gas are probably spending that money on something else.

Here is a pretty close breakdown on OK tax/spending percentages/ratios.  They say about 6% of state revenue is from fuel excise taxes.  I'm betting most of that ends up with the counties....just about as bad a steward of our money as the Oklahoma Transportation Authority (Turnpikes).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxation_in_Oklahoma

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org