A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:19:44 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa Now annual meeting 2015  (Read 14897 times)
hello
Civic Leader

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2015, 08:35:28 am »

Would this be good to attend if someone was wanting to become active in volunteering? Getting involved in Tulsa's growth is very important to me but I'm not really sure where to start.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2015, 08:49:58 am »

Would this be good to attend if someone was wanting to become active in volunteering? Getting involved in Tulsa's growth is very important to me but I'm not really sure where to start.

Yes.  Contact with RM would be a good thing.

Also, Salvation Army, Habitat for Humanity, Neighbor for Neighbor.  Might check out the Unitarians (even if you have another church) - they are real big into this stuff and do lots of good stuff.  Seems like RM goes there, if memory serves...?  These are not exactly targeting growth, but more of a sustaining, quality of life issue effort.  You can do both....

You don't necessarily have to be part of a big organization, either.  Tiny little efforts can make a huge difference.  Picking up trash on the street/highway/sidewalk - we certainly have more than enough disgusting pigs/slobs in this state slinging their trash out the car window to make this an everlasting, ongoing effort.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 08:53:09 am by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2015, 01:42:04 pm »

I am blessed to have time to volunteer in the community. I can help get people connected.

I also like this group...http://www.volunteertulsa.org/

My favorite volunteer group is only for singles. http://tulsacs.org/

Power is nothing till you use it.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2015, 02:40:00 pm »

My favorite volunteer group is only for singles. http://tulsacs.org/

Sounds discriminatory.....

Edit;  just went to their web site and no updates since about 2012....are they still around??
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 02:43:05 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2015, 03:25:29 pm »

Yes. They must just have a lame IT guy.

Power is nothing till you use it.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2015, 08:09:48 am »

Sounds discriminatory.....

Edit;  just went to their web site and no updates since about 2012....are they still around??

They must've gotten hitched.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org