A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:22:01 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa Now annual meeting 2015  (Read 14896 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« on: January 05, 2015, 01:30:46 pm »

The TulsaNow annual meeting is going to be held on Wednesday, January 14th at 6:00pm till 9:00 pm. The meeting will take place at the Blue Ox dining hall (enter from the back of Joe Momma's pizza place at 214 s. Elgin).

This is a chance to hear about what we did in 2014 and what we plan to do in 2015. We have a cool new social media project to announce that I think will be a great way to promote Tulsa and be fun for all of us.

There will be some light snacks and people can order drinks from the bar on their own.

Here is a Facebook page to RSVP, but that isn't necessary. Just come out and meet other TulsaNow posters and get involved in 2015.

https://www.facebook.com/events/336971193152925/

Power is nothing till you use it.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 02:00:12 pm »

We have a cool new social media project to announce that I think will be a great way to promote Tulsa and be fun for all of us.
Here is a Facebook page to RSVP, but that isn't necessary. Just come out and meet other TulsaNow posters and get involved in 2015.

I would hate to see this forum become just another Facebook page.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 05:07:42 pm »

Don't worry.

The forum is very important to me. It is just one of the many work products the TulsaNow board works on.

We also have monthly meetings at Foolish Things coffee to discuss relevant topics and the crowds have ranged from 20 people to 100 people. TulsaNow has had a 12 year history of great public discussions.

We have also had fun. We held a baseball game on the land that became OneOk field the week before the groundbreaking. I paid a guy to mow the infield and sgrizzle bought white paint to make the lines. Blake Ewing will go down in history for hitting the first home run. Two years ago we did the TulsaBull Run with dozens of people dressed in white clothes with red belts being chased by roller derby girls.

The announcement at the annual meeting is more along those lines.

You should come to the meeting. You are the kind of person we are looking for to get more involved.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 06:13:07 pm »

Picture in your mind; 

Pouring a glass of a nice Chateau St. Michelle Cabernet.  Swishing gently to get some of the aroma to float above the glass.  Nice!

Holding the glass up in a toast to TulsaNow forum and all their good works!!  Taking a good sip...  Wonderful...!!

Mere minutes later - add a few slices of a good Tillamook Extra Sharp cheddar, with a small assortment of crackers and a slice of warm homemade pecan pie.  Nirvana ensues!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 07:33:05 pm »

... add a few slices of a good Tillamook Extra Sharp cheddar, with a small assortment of crackers ...

I am not sure that Joe Momma's pizza has that particular cheese. I will however buy you a bit of his appetizer cheesy bread if you show up. That offer goes to anyone reading this post.

davideinstein
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 07:40:09 pm »

I need to make more time for these events. I'll try to make this one.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 05:14:08 pm »

I am not sure that Joe Momma's pizza has that particular cheese. I will however buy you a bit of his appetizer cheesy bread if you show up. That offer goes to anyone reading this post.

That was the scenario I went through last night just after writing that note.  And the cab was wishful thinking...I only had a cheaper wine, but it was still good.

Would love too, but I already know I will be somewhere between here and Flagstaff that day!  Sucks at times, but it's a job.  Actually, will be closer to OKC than Flagstaff...that kinda sucks worse...

Would love for Tulsa to have enough economic activity that even I could get a job that stays in town every day...!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
chimchim
Citizen

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2015, 10:44:38 pm »

We do have a facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/TulsaNow), and we have a twitter account (@tulsanow), as well as a blog (http://tulsanow.org/index.php/category/blog/), so we try to cover all the social media bases.

But as Michael mentioned, the Forum itself is very important to us and we're going to keep it going rather than converting it in to something else.  It could use some template improvements and a little TLC from a programming perspective...  ...maybe in 2015 we can raise a little money to pay for some website upgrades and improvements. Smiley
rdj
City Father

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2015, 08:21:07 am »

Adding a "thanks" or "like" button as I've seen on many other forums would be a great feature for this site.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2015, 08:48:44 am »

Adding a "thanks" or "like" button as I've seen on many other forums would be a great feature for this site.

Ohhhhhhh.....nnnnoooooooo!!!   Not a "Like"....!!   That IS Facebook and we will have descended into the murky depths of despair, gnashing of teeth, and wailing at the mental torture.....

rebound
City Father

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2015, 09:00:07 am »

Ohhhhhhh.....nnnnoooooooo!!!   Not a "Like"....!!   That IS Facebook and we will have descended into the murky depths of despair, gnashing of teeth, and wailing at the mental torture.....

Maybe not a "like", but we need something to show a quick agree or disagree reply.  Based on some of my entries, I obviously like the long-form response this forum encourages, but sometimes a simple "+1" or similar to show agreement (or "-1" to show disagreement") is all that is needed, and would encourage quicker and easier input by those that might otherwise simply lurk on a particular topic.  Anything to get more engagement is good.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2015, 11:11:20 am »

Anything to get more engagement is good.

Well said.

Tulsa Zephyr
Activist

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2015, 08:04:19 am »

+1

"My ambition is handicapped by laziness."  Charles Bukowski
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2015, 08:41:13 am »

+1

Don't make me do math.

rebound
City Father

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2015, 11:43:30 am »

+1

I see what you did there...

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org