A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:18:33 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Castro in the White House and North Korea Running Hollywood  (Read 8305 times)
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2014, 05:01:01 pm »

Embrace it, Ed.

I not only embrace it, I try to add to the cacophony. Cognitive dissonance "is like having bees in your head. But there they are!"

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2014, 05:19:49 pm »

Gaspar...surely you don't want the President of the United States to get involved in the release of a movie?

No. You just want to blame Obama for everything.

I stubbed my toe. Stupid Obama.

Power is nothing till you use it.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2014, 05:36:30 pm »

At the risk of getting this thread (back?) on track...

The movie cost $40mil to make, marketing on it was another $40mil. Between merchandise, popcorn, and box office surely it would have generated another $20mil in economic activity.  So we are dealing with a $100mil incident.

If North Korea high-jacked a supertanker worth $100,000,000.00 that belong to a US corporation, would we be cool about that? We could argue that Sony over reacted in puling the movie all together, but the movie certainly at least had value stolen by releasing it on the internet and threatening all movie goers with death. North Korea stole assets from a US "person."

Honestly, I think a retaliatory cyber attack is in order. Do you know who thinks North Korea would be able to stand up to an actual cyber attack?

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2014, 05:43:09 pm »

Honestly, I think a retaliatory cyber attack is in order. Do you know who thinks North Korea would be able to stand up to an actual cyber attack?

Maybe shutting down their military would be a good "get even".

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2014, 05:44:22 pm »

I'm continually amused that you  begrudge the President a vacation. 

You are easily amused.

Grin

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2014, 05:44:58 pm »

How much damage would a cyber attack do? NK doesn't even have the whole country on an electric grid let alone extensive computer networks. Iran, at least, had it's nuclear processing facilities connected and vulnerable to insertion of a virus.  

It's like our house. Sure, a hacker could pose problem by infecting our computers. They could disrupt our television reception. But if I connected my entire house to the internet - as Cox is proposing in their latest enhancement - a hacker could turn off the heat.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2014, 05:45:42 pm »

I'm astonished that a thread that began with Sony caving to NK hackers has so quickly devolved into whining about Obama (again). Astonished.
Astonished.

Really?

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2014, 11:44:10 am »

North Korea's internet is 'Toast'.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/23/world/asia/attack-is-suspected-as-north-korean-internet-collapses.html?_r=0

Measured response?  Why is it so quiet on this topic now?

Nevermind.

Lesson learned.  Mess with the US via the internet, get your internet shut down country-wide.

Oh, and it looks like they're releasing "The Interview" after all.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2014/12/23/the-interview-thursday/20808469/

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2014, 12:42:03 pm »

Measured response?  Why is it so quiet on this topic now?

Any chance we have learned not to tell our adversaries what we are going to do?

Nah, can't happen.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2014, 12:52:00 pm »

I am still skeptical that North Korea was involved. Ever since we were told Iraq had weapons of mass destruction I don't believe U.S. intelligence.

I think this is just made up reasons to some day go to war.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2014, 03:17:05 pm »

I am still skeptical that North Korea was involved. Ever since we were told Iraq had weapons of mass destruction I don't believe U.S. intelligence.
I think this is just made up reasons to some day go to war.

Obama better get moving.  He only has two years to do something.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2015, 10:12:08 pm »

If I could get hold of the movie, I would show it.  I have access to a field that could make a pretty good drive-in theater.  Just need some poles and a few sheets of plywood painted white!  Grill a few steaks at the same time for 'dinner and a movie'....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org