A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:29:28 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christmas Parade Downtown Tonight at 6pm!  (Read 14142 times)
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« on: December 13, 2014, 09:25:06 am »

CHRISTMAS PARADE TONIGHT at 6pm! With the main stage/viewing stand, TV cameras and all, across the street from of DECOPOLIS! There are several rows of bleachers in front of DECOPOLIS as well for your parade viewing convenience.

We will be having free snacks and hot cocoa along with live music, by Joseph Glaude on solo guitar.

We will also be hosting a Book-signing by local author Ann Patton starting at 5pm for her newest book "THE TULSA RIVER"! Ann's informative and insightful book highlights the many stories of the river that is so much a part of our cities history and heritage. This book is sure to also inspire discussion about it's future and with that in mind, special guests attending the book signing will be former Mayor Roger Randal and Metropolitan Environmental Trust director Michael Patton

Aaaand don't forget anyone coming in today from 11am-9pm wearing their best "Ugly Sweater" will receive their flavor choice of an old fashioned, Hammonds Candy Cane, for Free!

Lots of fun stuff going on in the Deco District that night, along with the other Deco District Shops being open late as well, so be sure to drop by!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 09:28:53 am by TheArtist » Logged

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 12:30:55 pm »

What happened to the "Holiday/Festivus, nondenominational, non religious, anti inflammatory, non critical, gentle to everyone, non offensive gathering"?
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 02:44:58 pm »

What happened to the "Holiday/Festivus, nondenominational, non religious, anti inflammatory, non critical, gentle to everyone, non offensive gathering"?

We have those every day downtown.  Grin

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 05:07:11 pm »

I spent the parade hanging out at the artist store. It is a great location to see the parade. His shop was right across form the TV station broadcasting the parade so each float/band/group did there best performance right there.

On the down side, I spent way too much money in his shop. It has a great selection of gifts and books. I got some slides whistles, wild candy canes, and kids toys for under $4 each. I can't wait to give my wife the book on snarky quotes and I bought a really nice teapot for the home.

Power is nothing till you use it.
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 01:21:15 pm »

Key word: "CHRISTMAS" -- It's not a "holiday parade" or a "parade of lights" those kind of parades can be done anytime of the year. It's Christmas!! Smiley

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
rebound
City Father

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 01:36:04 pm »

Key word: "CHRISTMAS" -- It's not a "holiday parade" or a "parade of lights" those kind of parades can be done anytime of the year. It's Christmas!! Smiley

Troll level is high with this one...

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 02:24:41 pm »

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2014, 02:48:01 pm »

Based on your logic the only day you can have a "Christmas" parade is on December 25th. Christmas is a day, not six weeks.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2014, 02:50:26 pm »

New Year's parades are only on January 1st. The Thanksgiving parades are only on Thanksgiving Day. The Martin Luther Day parade is on Martin Luther King Day. The Veterans Day parade is on Veteran's day.

Why should all parades in December be forced to have the word Christmas in their name?

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2014, 02:58:50 pm »

I think Christmas has an inferiority complex.

Sometimes that happens when you take other people's smile and call it yours even though they saw you take it.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2014, 03:14:30 pm »

Ignore the jackass.  He'll destroy the thread if you allow it.

Does anyone have any pics of the parade?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2014, 03:47:32 pm »

New Year's parades are only on January 1st.

Not for procrastinators.  They have theirs on the 2nd.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2014, 04:23:34 pm »

I watched most of the "Christmas" parade on channel 8 and the main camera was showing the large gathering of people in front of some store front called "Decopolis" I thought, Hmm that sounds familiar.  Grin

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2014, 04:47:05 pm »

I watched most of the "Christmas" parade on channel 8 and the main camera was showing the large gathering of people in front of some store front called "Decopolis" I thought, Hmm that sounds familiar.  Grin

I know, was that a lucky coup or what?!   Grin   

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2014, 05:16:33 pm »

I know, was that a lucky coup or what?!   Grin   

Yes it was. And congrats on the free publicity.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org