A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:00:20 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christmas Parade Downtown Tonight at 6pm!  (Read 14151 times)
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2014, 11:35:29 am »

Based on your logic the only day you can have a "Christmas" parade is on December 25th. Christmas is a day, not six weeks.
It's a Christmas Parade that is  done before Christmas in the Christmas season. The title of the Parade tells you what it's about, it's about Christmas  and Christ the reason for the season in the first place.. A "Holiday Of Lights" parade can be held anytime of the year to celebrate light bulbs. A Parade of light bulbs that shatter the darkness. A Holiday for light bulbs.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2014, 12:39:57 pm »

It's a Christmas Parade that is  done before Christmas in the Christmas season. The title of the Parade tells you what it's about, it's about Christmas  and Christ the reason for the season in the first place.. A "Holiday Of Lights" parade can be held anytime of the year to celebrate light bulbs. A Parade of light bulbs that shatter the darkness. A Holiday for light bulbs.

Please stop ruining threads
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2014, 01:09:31 pm »

Perhaps it could be the "Christmas and Holidays Parade of Lights"?  We realize that Christians are the main religious group in our area, but we also realize that there are others in our city that have special holidays during this time of year as well.  IMHO, as Christian, I think it would be a great gesture, a Christian gesture if you would, to lovingly invite those others, like our Jewish brothers and sisters, to be represented in this large holiday event.  Sure they could do their own parade, but it couldn't compare, and again, we Christians are so hugely dominant to the point that something like this can become not just "one groups event" but becomes more than that, everyone knows about it, hears about it, sees it on the news, in the papers, talked about among people and children of all kinds and religions etc.  Our parade and event is so large and such a "big deal" compared to what others could possibly do for their holiday during this season, that I think extending this invitation to be represented alongside ours would be a kind, loving, generous and very Christian thing to do.  

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
rdj
City Father

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2014, 02:46:05 pm »

I say call it THE Parade.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2014, 05:03:19 pm »

How about we call it Jesus Parade and ban all references to any other religious or secular things? No marching bands unless they play Christian hymns. No inflatables except for wise men, camels, and donkeys. Definitely no Santa unless he passing out Bibles.

Would that make you happy?

Power is nothing till you use it.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2014, 05:12:36 pm »

...in the Christmas season.

I saw Christmas displays in stores before Halloween. When does your "season" begin?

Does everything that occurs after that date have to include the word "Christmas" in it's name?   There are five college football games on TV tomorrow. Shouldn't they all "Christmas" in their official name? Tomorrow is also a concert downtown at the BOK Center. Should the band  (The Black Keys) be pressured to call this a "Christmas" concert? 

Power is nothing till you use it.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2014, 05:52:52 pm »

I've been posting a few years on here and if there is one topic I can always count on to reoccur. This is it. We are so passionate about the Christmas season. It has now joined the old adage of taboo subjects to never talk about. Politics and Christmas. Religion is being retired from Thanksgiving through December 25th.
Of course you know that's not the day Jesus was born on and a Christmas tree is a pagan display of.........you get the idea.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org