A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:56:16 am
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: “I can’t breathe!”  (Read 50710 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2015, 09:20:59 am »

I believe in accountability. Believe me. That is not what this thread is about. This thread is about broad stroking the entire profession. And now, of course, it's about local judicial officials.

They are all interconnected - as in law enforcement and the selective lack thereof.  Equal protection under the law.....unless one happens to have a Daddy who is "Good Buddies" (in the trucker sense of the phrase) with the power structure.  Then attempted murder is just another one of those good ole Okie traditions of "boys will be boys..."   A lot like drunk driving in this state...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2017, 10:43:03 pm »

I believe in accountability. Believe me. That is not what this thread is about. This thread is about broad stroking the entire profession. And now, of course, it's about local judicial officials.

The thread is about people "keeping you safe" getting away with negligent homicide.

Its about squirming out of accountability for being heavy-handed, then being thin-skinned when someone points a finger at abuses.

The Moore Police Department is one of several parties asking a federal judge to punish the widow of a man who died in a scuffle with police in front of the Warren Theatre for posting an angry video on Facebook.
http://newsok.com/widows-video-has-moore-police-accusing-her-of-inciting-violence/article/5535237

“I am desperate, I need help,” she said in the video, which she posted to the "Justice for Luis Rodriguez Not in Vain" Facebook page. "Please, I need help. Can somebody out there, out of this state of Oklahoma help me?"
Nair Rodriguez now survives on food stamps and lives with relatives. She said she plans to sell her car in order to finance a return to her native Puerto Rico while waiting on the outcome of her lawsuit.

In a cellphone video Nair Rodriguez took the night her husband died, Luis Rodriguez can be heard saying "I can't breathe" while police held him down.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2017, 12:50:37 am »

The thread is about people "keeping you safe" getting away with negligent homicide.

Its about squirming out of accountability for being heavy-handed, then being thin-skinned when someone points a finger at abuses.

The Moore Police Department is one of several parties asking a federal judge to punish the widow of a man who died in a scuffle with police in front of the Warren Theatre for posting an angry video on Facebook.
http://newsok.com/widows-video-has-moore-police-accusing-her-of-inciting-violence/article/5535237

“I am desperate, I need help,” she said in the video, which she posted to the "Justice for Luis Rodriguez Not in Vain" Facebook page. "Please, I need help. Can somebody out there, out of this state of Oklahoma help me?"
Nair Rodriguez now survives on food stamps and lives with relatives. She said she plans to sell her car in order to finance a return to her native Puerto Rico while waiting on the outcome of her lawsuit.

In a cellphone video Nair Rodriguez took the night her husband died, Luis Rodriguez can be heard saying "I can't breathe" while police held him down.

I take it you never read any of the pleadings or court filings in this case, or otherwise know what the evidence that has been developed. Right? You read a news article.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2017, 05:42:27 pm »

I take it you never read any of the pleadings or court filings in this case, or otherwise know what the evidence that has been developed. Right? You read a news article.

I post links.  You?
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2017, 05:56:00 pm »

I post links.  You?

He's just the master A/V guy...you know, like the pimply faced guy in 10th grade who covets the new 16mm projector?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2017, 11:11:04 pm »

I post links.  You?

Um. I actually read briefs on file, court orders, discovery that has attached to documents and filed with the court, etc. which cannot be posted without some effort (which I choose not to do). But by all means, keep posting your links...

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2017, 11:36:03 pm »

Wait. We live in a post-expertise world now, where uninformed opinions that have no factual support are equally valid as those with extensive education and experience. C'mon, Guido. Get with the program. You're letting your side down.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2017, 12:33:24 am »

Wait. We live in a post-expertise world now, where uninformed opinions that have no factual support are equally valid as those with extensive education and experience. C'mon, Guido. Get with the program. You're letting your side down.

I'm sorry. I thought I would get my information from the actual source and not from folks with agendas to advance or that only know about 1/4 of the story. You know, the media. I will do better in the future. Smiley

edited. I will add that what I did read from both sides in the court record is well-written stuff. kudos.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 12:35:14 am by guido911 » Logged

Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2017, 09:32:50 pm »

Passing The Trash.  That's at least 11 departments that didnt care whom(or what) they were hiring to be a cop.

Transient officer charged with hitting, killing kids with car
MIAMI (AP) - Polk County Sheriff's Deputy Jonathan "JJ" Quintana told reporters that he assumed the worst as he saw the carnage left when a suspected drunken
driver hit five Dundee Ridge Middle Academy students as they walked home. One student later died of his injuries.
Quintana saw a black vehicle had hit another car about 4,000 feet down the road. The driver then stumbled out of the vehicle. A woman who was four months pregnant was injured in that crash, according to authorities.

Quintana arrested John Camfield, 48, of nearby Davenport, a law enforcement officer who worked for more than 10 different agencies in Mississippi before moving to Florida in 2012.

Officials said Jahiem Robertson, 13, died of his injuries Friday morning in an Orlando hospital. Another child, John Mena, also 13, remains in intensive care with head fractures. Three other children - Jonte Robinson, 15; Jasmine Robertson, 14; and Rylan Pryce, 12 - suffered injuries.

Sheriff Grady Judd said Camfield refused to take a breath test after his arrest and was "critiquing" the deputies who were processing his case.
TeeDub
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2017, 10:35:20 am »

If you are going to post from an article, might as well post it all..

In fact, Judd added, Camfield was being somewhat lighthearted until a lieutenant advised him that two of the children he hit were in critical condition.

“He said, if that’s the case, put me under the jail,” Judd said.

At that point, he agreed to take a breath test and a blood draw.

http://nypost.com/2017/04/28/drunk-driver-hits-5-kids-at-bus-stop-killing-boy-cops/
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2017, 06:42:12 pm »

If you are going to post from an article, might as well post it all..

You obfuscate the point.  Why did he skate through eleven different police departments before finally killing kids?

"Passing the trash" refers to public sector employees who are allowed to quietly move onto another community in lieu of going to jail when caught committing crimes like sexual assault.  It's historically referred to bad players in education but ports over easily to describe how unions shield bad cops.

There needs to be a registry so communities arent left in the dark about the new guy with the gun and the badge and the attitude.
TeeDub
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2017, 10:06:41 pm »

Everybody passes the trash.

It's what you do.

Heck look at Hillary moving to New York and not even having residence there.   Or any athlete ever.   People move.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2017, 01:31:44 pm »

Another police officer assassinated in New York. Vashta is reportedly heading up to New York to protest that the assassin was gun down and not treated fairly.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2017, 11:26:43 am »

Another police officer assassinated in New York. Vashta is reportedly heading up to New York to protest that the assassin was gun down and not treated fairly.

A little surprised you're making light of this.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2017, 12:18:33 pm »

A little surprised you're making light of this.

Why surprised??

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org