A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:28:36 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gas at $1.99 in OKC  (Read 14198 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« on: December 04, 2014, 01:19:43 pm »

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2014-12-04/why-oklahoma-city-gets-2-gasoline-before-the-rest-of-us

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 01:35:05 pm »

I filled up at a Love's on I-35 a few days ago at $2.27.  Feeling ripped off now....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 02:26:49 pm »

I'm guessing that's part of some kind of price war going on, gauging from the amount of traffic in the gas pump area.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 02:49:10 pm »

I'm guessing that's part of some kind of price war going on, gauging from the amount of traffic in the gas pump area.

I might expect the QT at Utica and 11th to fall in line soon.   Any bets on that?

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 04:39:59 pm »

That was just smart marketing......

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 10:04:23 am »

Paid $2.19 in the 7000 block of North Western in OKC last night.  Apparently the $1.99 was down south.  I wasn’t going to drive 20 miles out of my way to save a couple of bucks.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2014, 10:09:17 am »

Thanks Governor Fallin!!! Nice job on getting us cheap gas!
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2014, 10:15:20 am »

That's funny!!   Love it...

I filled up this morning at Love's in south OKC at $2.19.  Can't get over to where the cheap stuff is!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2014, 10:37:13 am »

Should we now refer to you as CarlKraut?  Grin

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2014, 01:34:15 pm »

Wholesale gas in Tulsa is currently around $1.95.  Retailers usually at ~10 cents plus taxes and CC fees. WE are seeing as lightly wider range than that right now in Tulsa... probably QT padding profits after taking tight margins as prices rose.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2014, 09:48:43 am »

Duo at SW 59th and Blackwelder in OKC shows display of $1.89 a gallon.  Made the morning news....but it's fake - they aren't open and aren't selling any gas.

So I filled up at 7/11 for $1.99 about half hour ago...

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2014, 12:21:33 pm »

Is there still an abandoned gas sign on 31st between Yale and Harvard with $1.68 on it?
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2014, 12:28:58 pm »

Is there still an abandoned gas sign on 31st between Yale and Harvard with $1.68 on it?

They tore the station down many moons ago, but the sign was sill up until recently.  The lot has been purchased and I believed they tore down the sign finally.  Think a Fiesta Mart is "Coming soon."

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2014, 12:35:50 pm »

Think a Fiesta Mart is "Coming soon."

I think I saw that sign many moons ago.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2014, 06:53:07 pm »

This one wasn't abandoned, just not open for business at 8:00 am.  I think they posted that as a "spoiler" for the competition all around them.  There were 4 other stores within half a mile that were selling for $1.99.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org