A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:20:06 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Republican Presidential Prospects, best bet - 2016  (Read 9770 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2015, 11:11:16 am »

If Obama wasn't eligible to be President, the Cruz certainly wouldn't be - for almost the same reasons - yeah, we was born to a woman who was US citizen, but he wasn't even born in the US.  Where are the birthers when ya need them....?

Don’t worry, I’m sure Hillary’s hit machine will get on that.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2015, 11:17:42 am »

Don’t worry, I’m sure Hillary’s hit machine will get on that.

Doubtful.  They actually have just barely enough brains to understand reality....where-as the birthers don't.  But hey, they got Rupert Murdoch, Koch brothers, and Donald Trump to lead them and tell them what to think....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2015, 02:40:30 pm »

Doubtful.  They actually have just barely enough brains to understand reality....where-as the birthers don't.  But hey, they got Rupert Murdoch, Koch brothers, and Donald Trump to lead them and tell them what to think....

You do know Hillary was the original "birther", right? But I agree there may be a Murdochian plot afoot. I hope the black helicopters are keeping close tabs on this....

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2015, 05:24:57 pm »

Conan, I'd rethink Jeb if I were you. I'm against political dynasties as much as the next guy - but he deserves a fair look.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Jeb_Bush.htm

Obviously things I don't like and I'm not advocating for him. But it appears at a glance that he can be pragmatic and he is willing to change his position (see, e.g., gay marriage). He isn't a tea party ideologue or a religious right candidate, so that's something.

Thus far, I haven't seen a candidate from either side that has be excited.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2015, 07:06:18 pm »

We desperately need that third option - none of the above.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2015, 08:55:26 am »

Murdochian plots not reaching into Obama's inner circle? Muahahahahaha!!!!

« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 08:57:08 am by guido911 » Logged

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2015, 10:00:24 am »

Conan, I'd rethink Jeb if I were you. I'm against political dynasties as much as the next guy - but he deserves a fair look.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Jeb_Bush.htm

Obviously things I don't like and I'm not advocating for him. But it appears at a glance that he can be pragmatic and he is willing to change his position (see, e.g., gay marriage). He isn't a tea party ideologue or a religious right candidate, so that's something.

Thus far, I haven't seen a candidate from either side that has be excited.

If Jeb’s last name were anything else, I think he’d have a chance.  I’m fine with where he stands on the issues from a pure electability stand-point, I believe people are tired of political dynasties.  I want to see a genuine moderate from either the Democrats or Republicans (sorry a third party has no chance) who is not from a family of political dynasties.

Obama is nowhere close to a moderate, Bush II might have been were he not beholden to the far right elements of the GOP on social issues.  When I think of moderates, I think of Clinton or Reagan.  Love them or hate them, history shows they were able to bring both sides to the table.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 10:02:01 am by Conan71 » Logged

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2015, 10:13:00 am »

Dang it Mitt.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2015, 11:06:22 am »

Looks like its going to be Bush v Clinton...ugh.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org