A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:43:06 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TU Head Coach  (Read 7383 times)
DolfanBob
City Father

« on: December 12, 2014, 05:54:18 pm »

Well is this hire just a "Meh?"
Looks like he was third on the Santa wish list for the University.
I'm thinking just another cost saving hire for good ol stepping stone U.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportshomepage2/tu-s-derrick-gragg-hires-philip-montgomery-after-search-that/article_8aea9c11-3e9a-5d2a-ae44-6200218c592f.html

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 07:32:36 am »

This guy led the best offense in America the last four years. He was also the QB coach for some very good players.

Baylor is a private school with high academic standards. Ifr you can recruit there, you can recruit here.

Power is nothing till you use it.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 09:03:57 am »

This guy led the best offense in America the last four years. He was also the QB coach for some very good players.

Baylor is a private school with high academic standards. Ifr you can recruit there, you can recruit here.

Sweet. I guess I still remember Baylor as the cellar dweller for all those years. I live in my OU, TU and Dolphins football bubble. I need to expand my interests.

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2014, 09:04:36 am »

Not even remotely the same recruiting wise....It will be much tougher here......

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2014, 10:05:10 am »

Sweet. I guess I still remember Baylor as the cellar dweller for all those years. I live in my OU, TU and Dolphins football bubble. I need to expand my interests.

Baylor was tied with TCU for best in the big 12, with only one loss each. They should have been in the running for national championship but Ohio State is more popular on TV.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2014, 10:11:57 am »

My thing about TU is they never go after an established Head Coach. They always bring in some guy who has always wanted to be a Head Coach. And if he does a great job. Reward him a little and then lose him to a better program and start the vicious cycle all over again.
If he fails. No big loss of money. Just time and years of recruiting. Fire him and start the vicious cycle again. Wash, rinse, repeat.

saintnicster
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2014, 11:17:34 pm »

My thing about TU is they never go after an established Head Coach. They always bring in some guy who has always wanted to be a Head Coach. And if he does a great job. Reward him a little and then lose him to a better program and start the vicious cycle all over again.
If he fails. No big loss of money. Just time and years of recruiting. Fire him and start the vicious cycle again. Wash, rinse, repeat.
TU isn't willing to spend the money on an established coach.

Then again, I don't know why TU even bothers with football, but that's just the opinion of this TU Engineering School grad.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2014, 07:17:12 pm »

Yes, it appears you do!  Immediately obvious what your problem is by this post....you can't spell... the proper way to spell that first one is  " O S U" !!  You left out the most important letter!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2014, 07:20:02 pm »

TU is more about the academics than the athletics, so they only occasionally get good teams. 

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org