A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:27:44 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Art Deco Lofts And Apartments  (Read 10169 times)
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« on: November 19, 2014, 11:04:11 am »

Just saw this in my fb news feed:

The Mincks-Adams Hotel Building (403 South Cheyenne), The Petroleum Building (420 South Boulder) and The Public Service Company Building (600 South Main) are being renovated into new lofts and apartments.

Find them on FB: Art Deco Lofts and Apartments, LLC
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 12:42:40 pm »

Mincks-Adams Hotel Building:

Petroleum Building:

The Public Service Company Building

hello
Civic Leader

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 02:53:50 pm »

Awesome! I'm trying to find a place (preferably a loft) Downtown and it isn't easy.

Also, does anyone know who runs the Detroit Lofts? I can't find anything online. I'm sure there is a long waiting list but I'd at least like to get on it. Finding places to rent in the Brady or even who to contact (besides Tribune and Metro) is seemingly impossible.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 03:10:45 pm by hello » Logged

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 04:20:37 pm »

Tax abatement on two of these buildings:
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/downtown/four-downtown-projects-receive-tax-abatement-deal/article_576222f7-3521-5276-b541-4a7872974f20.html

DTowner
City Father

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 04:25:26 pm »

Just saw this in my fb news feed:

The Mincks-Adams Hotel Building (403 South Cheyenne), The Petroleum Building (420 South Boulder) and The Public Service Company Building (600 South Main) are being renovated into new lofts and apartments.

Find them on FB: Art Deco Lofts and Apartments, LLC

Any word on construction schedules or anticipated completion dates?
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 05:12:04 pm »

From what I gather, they hope to begin construction this winter (I am guessing early spring Marchish).  They will do a "rolling" construction schedule such that when say the plumbing and electrical is done in the TransOk/PSO bld. that crew will then move into the Petroleum building, then once they are finished there, on to the Adams. Sheet-rock people will start in the TransOK, then onto the Petroleum, then Adams, etc. etc.

I am most excited about the TransOk/PSO building since it is right across from DECOPOLIS. Could be a logical expansion for the shop. Then if they would do something with the Enterprise building and have ground floor retail in it, I could begin to encircle the park.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 05:16:05 pm by TheArtist » Logged

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
rdj
City Father

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2014, 05:46:56 pm »

Awesome! I'm trying to find a place (preferably a loft) Downtown and it isn't easy.

Also, does anyone know who runs the Detroit Lofts? I can't find anything online. I'm sure there is a long waiting list but I'd at least like to get on it. Finding places to rent in the Brady or even who to contact (besides Tribune and Metro) is seemingly impossible.

You mean the lofts at Detroit & Archer?  Above Rusty Crane?  These are owned by the Synder family.  Typically 100% full with Teach for America teachers.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2014, 06:35:59 pm »

From what I gather, they hope to begin construction this winter (I am guessing early spring Marchish).  They will do a "rolling" construction schedule such that when say the plumbing and electrical is done in the TransOk/PSO bld. that crew will then move into the Petroleum building, then once they are finished there, on to the Adams. Sheet-rock people will start in the TransOK, then onto the Petroleum, then Adams, etc. etc.

I am most excited about the TransOk/PSO building since it is right across from DECOPOLIS. Could be a logical expansion for the shop. Then if they would do something with the Enterprise building and have ground floor retail in it, I could begin to encircle the park.

I really like your vision for Boston Ave as a retail corridor.  The street has such a great presence it just needs more storefronts, thanks to you and others. 

davideinstein
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2014, 08:55:29 am »

I really like your vision for Boston Ave as a retail corridor.  The street has such a great presence it just needs more storefronts, thanks to you and others. 

Amen to this.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2015, 01:54:03 pm »

Are they still working on these? Looks like their FB page is inactive.
Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2015, 02:30:21 pm »

Are they still working on these? Looks like their FB page is inactive.
"They" have been doing demo for months on the PSO building and there is a permit taped to the North door.

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2015, 08:45:09 am »

thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org