A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:53:59 am
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Garth Brooks to Play BOK in January  (Read 44959 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2015, 01:03:43 pm »

That's why there is little landscaping, lots of artifical light and room to park the Winnebago and not lose sight of the entrance. That's also why they all look alike as well, so people don't get lost when they travel. Cheesy

Imagine what would happen if they tried to put a Walmart up with parking behind the building...Chaos and anarchy.  Oklahoma governments would fall.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2015, 01:09:28 pm »

Imagine what would happen if they tried to put a Walmart up with parking behind the building...Chaos and anarchy.  Oklahoma governments would fall.

I am thoroughly convinced that in case of a zombie apocalypse that the only way to survive is to avoid Walmart.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isdHaKn9QD8[/youtube]
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 01:12:07 pm by dbacksfan 2.0 » Logged
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2015, 04:38:25 pm »

I have to wonder after driving up from Oklahoma City to see Garth and have an altercation with a man. Then shoot and kill him. Would you still go and see the show?  Huh

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/crimewatch/friend-speaks-about-man-shot-by-off-duty-veterans-affairs/article_13666fc5-96a2-5dbf-8505-14d695e7d7b9.html

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2015, 07:33:39 pm »

So as I read this, you have a VA hospital security officer (federal police officer? are they multi jurisdictional?) that is out of his jurisdiction but considers himself as a LEO that shoots and kills a citizen based on what he saw while driving by. Do I read this right?
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2015, 07:55:26 pm »

Dave Walker said Saturday night that the gun Andrew Bryiant used in the shooting was not his service weapon and that the gun recovered from Rodney Walker was not listed as stolen. Detectives are still working to trace the ownership history of each firearm, he said.[/font]

Throwdowns making a comeback?
tulsa_fan
Civic Leader

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2015, 11:18:09 am »

Throwdowns making a comeback?

Because its crazy to imagine someone owns more than one gun.  At least make a comment of value to the issue not some silly bashing that has no merit.

rebound
City Father

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2015, 11:43:58 am »

Because its crazy to imagine someone owns more than one gun.  At least make a comment of value to the issue not some silly bashing that has no merit.

Do you even follow the posts on here?  You could say that about quite a few people.  Smiley

rdj
City Father

« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2015, 12:22:52 pm »

Sad the great success for out city is tainted on this forum by an isolated incident.  I don't know of any other issues surrounding the run of concerts.  I've heard the early sales tax numbers and they're outstanding.  I can't wait to hear what the numbers look like with a combined Garth/Chili Bowl weekend.  Great for our city coffers and great for the local organizations (CVB funded by hotel/motel tax) promoting our city.  This'll really help their budgets.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2015, 12:42:07 pm »

Sad the great success for out city is tainted on this forum by an isolated incident.  I don't know of any other issues surrounding the run of concerts.  I've heard the early sales tax numbers and they're outstanding.  I can't wait to hear what the numbers look like with a combined Garth/Chili Bowl weekend.  Great for our city coffers and great for the local organizations (CVB funded by hotel/motel tax) promoting our city.  This'll really help their budgets.

We were at the last show, and there was a group from Ireland there.  When you have 7 shows with 18K people each, and an hour between the opening act and the main event (so that everyone can get good and drunk) you can bet there's going to be the occasional fight/beatdown/shooting/chess game.  That would put the stats at 1/126,000 of getting shot at a Garth Brooks concert.  Statistically, that's about the same as your odds of getting killed when you ride a bike (Conan). http://www.besthealthdegrees.com/health-risks/

Of course those odds get compounded when you add the other factors, during the course of the 7 shows, only one person in the city of Tulsa pulled a gun on an officer (off duty or otherwise), so that would be 1/398,121.  So the average person would have about a 1/50,000,000,000 chance of pulling a gun on a police officer and getting shot at the Garth Brooks concert.

It seems safe to me.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2015, 01:10:46 pm »

Sad the great success for out city is tainted on this forum by an isolated incident.  I don't know of any other issues surrounding the run of concerts.  I've heard the early sales tax numbers and they're outstanding.  I can't wait to hear what the numbers look like with a combined Garth/Chili Bowl weekend.  Great for our city coffers and great for the local organizations (CVB funded by hotel/motel tax) promoting our city.  This'll really help their budgets.

Meh, the usual cop haters, what did you expect?  Who else saw the black helicopters circling the city the last two weeks?

I’ll take my own outlandish stab at another incident: Of course the guy shot during a lap dance at Cloud 9 was likely a Chili Bowl attendee (Cloud 9 has long been a tourist stop for the CB folk), so the Chili Bowl got their gun play too  Wink

FWIW, That was one of the best Chili Bowl Saturday A-mains I’ve seen in 29 years.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 01:13:01 pm by Conan71 » Logged

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
rdj
City Father

« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2015, 04:30:23 pm »

I have zero reason to fear my safety downtown.  I attended one of the concerts and had a great time.  I was downtown during several others.  Fun that our downtown has capacity now for more fun than just the one event.  Although, I will admit I am glad to have downtown back to normal!

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2015, 08:14:55 pm »

during the course of the 7 shows, only one person in the city of Tulsa pulled a gun on an officer (off duty or otherwise)

Thats what the killer claimed (and its enough to relieve the DA from having to prosecute the killer) but its not what witnesses are saying, nor is it backed up by any evidence whatsoever.
tulsa_fan
Civic Leader

« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2015, 01:57:21 pm »

Thats what the killer claimed (and its enough to relieve the DA from having to prosecute the killer) but its not what witnesses are saying, nor is it backed up by any evidence whatsoever.

I am already kicking myself for engaging . . .  Please tell me what witnesses you have interviewed or evidence you have examined?  And of course, you must work in the DA's office since you are aware of what his plans are and reason for same.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org