A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:12:47 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: November 2014 Results  (Read 14934 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2014, 12:25:00 pm »

2 more years of stalemate. 

All of this huffing and puffing was done by the mid-term elected officials during Clinton's 2nd term and Bush's 2nd term.

I'm guessing the GOP still has too many of the coo-coo-nonnies to get anything going.

We'll sit here on the forum arguing about who's fault the stagnation is while being disappointed by the federal and state government's lack of success.

2 more years of "repeal Obamacare" and "this is what my version of Jesus wants".
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2014, 02:34:50 am »

Nope T. It;s going to be 2 years of this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-unITq3gQE[/youtube]

Topped only by tone deaf and dbaggery.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2014, 10:05:29 am »

Nope T. It;s going to be 2 years of this:

Topped only by tone deaf and dbaggery.

see?
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2014, 02:46:18 pm »

Hmm...guess you've never heard of the veto.

You have GOT to be a plant.  Nobody on earth is this stupid.
Never heard of Congress over-riding a presidents veto? It happens! Many democrats will join republicans in some issues such as the KeyStone Pipeline. Here in Oklahoma  we can expect more economic growth and a strong economy with The Fallin Administration re-elected  and republicans in the state house. We are doing good in Oklahoma! Smiley

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2014, 03:22:14 pm »

Never heard of Congress over-riding a presidents veto? It happens! Many democrats will join republicans in some issues such as the KeyStone Pipeline. Here in Oklahoma  we can expect more economic growth and a strong economy with The Fallin Administration re-elected  and republicans in the state house. We are doing good in Oklahoma! Smiley

Consider this a formal request for 1....  just 1, since even that appears to be way beyond your normal capabilities... example of how the Keystone Pipeline is gonna provide any of the promises that you are buying into from Faux News.   Just 1.  BUT, and here is the tough part, make it rational.  Make it true.  Make it real.

For the love of God, Justice, and the American way!!  TRY hard to connect to the real world for just enough time - it need only be a minute, or possibly less - to write something that is correct!!   I have great faith in the human species and the human spirit....  I KNOW you can do it if you just try hard enough!!  Take notes while working up your answer, if need be!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2014, 04:17:15 pm »

Hey, just curious, how is Obama making gas prices keep inching down closer to $2.00 a gallon, Sauer?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2014, 04:31:08 pm »

Never heard of Congress over-riding a presidents veto? It happens! Many democrats will join republicans in some issues such as the KeyStone Pipeline. Here in Oklahoma  we can expect more economic growth and a strong economy with The Fallin Administration re-elected  and republicans in the state house. We are doing good in Oklahoma! Smiley

Uh...2/3rds majority is required in both chambers to override.

Let's do maths:

Number needed in house to override : 280.  Number of Republicans in House: 246.  Oops.
Number needed in senate to override:  67  Number of Republicans in Senate: 54.  Oops again.

Only 10 percent of vetoes have ever been overriden.   You know who had the most overriden vetoes (percentage-wise)?  Andrew Johnson at 52%.  Bush was second (GW) at 33%. 

« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 04:34:10 pm by Hoss » Logged

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2014, 09:58:40 pm »

Never heard of Congress over-riding a presidents veto? It happens! Many democrats will join republicans in some issues such as the KeyStone Pipeline. Here in Oklahoma  we can expect more economic growth and a strong economy with The Fallin Administration re-elected  and republicans in the state house. We are doing good in Oklahoma! Smiley

There is already a de-facto Keystone type pipeline running from Canada to the Gulf.  Guess those workers can now go to finishing another one to help further increase global oil supplies and bring down gas prices so that our local oil companies can cut back on new projects and lay off more people.  Win-lose?

http://www.newson6.com/story/27584841/north-dakota-canadian-crude-oil-now-flowing-in-new-pipeline-to-cushing

http://www.newson6.com/story/27581938/falling-crude-oil-prices-prompts-oil-company-cuts

China's economy is only going to keep slowing down, who knows it could even crash, slowing oil demand.  Meanwhile energy efficiencies (vehicles, lighting, etc.) and renewables will only become more competitive (cheaper and more efficient).  And drilling technologies will also become more effective.  All these trends tell me that Oklahoma better not be relying too much on oil right now or in the next 2-5-10 years (barring some "dramatic unforeseen").  State revenues are going to be down.  What's next folks?  How have we been planning for this future?

« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 10:09:00 pm by TheArtist » Logged

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2014, 11:25:36 pm »

There is already a de-facto Keystone type pipeline running from Canada to the Gulf.  Guess those workers can now go to finishing another one to help further increase global oil supplies and bring down gas prices so that our local oil companies can cut back on new projects and lay off more people.  Win-lose?

State revenues are going to be down.  What's next folks?  How have we been planning for this future?

Not de-facto - there is a pipeline that goes east to about Winnipeg, then swings south.

Next?  Recession.  Within a year....as I have predicted before.  Hopefully mild.

And no, we have not been planning for this future at all.  In fact, we have been anti-planning for this future.  Cuts to education.  Tax cuts to reduce our ability to fix infrastructure.  Showing ourselves in the worst possible light to the rest of the country by way of Inhofe and his insane rambling.  We're doing great!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org