A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:54:38 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: November 2014 Results  (Read 15007 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2014, 12:56:53 pm »

http://twitter.com/bustedcoverage/status/529966449289228288/photo/1

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2014, 01:43:20 pm »

Oklahoma Democrats Take Stock of Election Day Whipping

http://publicradiotulsa.org/post/oklahoma-democrats-take-stock-election-day-whipping

I've got to guess most of the story was cut for brevity.

I suppose that’s one way to spin it.  Why not just cut to the chase and say the people who enthusiastically turned out to support Obama and Democrats in the pastkept their wallets in their pockets and stayed home in 2014.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2014, 09:29:02 pm »

You guys are listening to the wrong people, obviously....  there are still 68% of Oklahoman's who are perfectly content with our current state of affairs (like the one she had with the highway patrolman). 

Being "Ok" is plenty good enough....

Only 40% voted, and of those 55% voted for Fallin.... so technically 22% of voters in Oklahoma stated that they are content with Fallin. 78% voted against her or didn't vote at all.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2014, 10:17:22 pm »

Only 40% voted, and of those 55% voted for Fallin.... so technically 22% of voters in Oklahoma stated that they are content with Fallin. 78% voted against her or didn't vote at all.

That's Obama math from earlier today.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2014, 10:49:10 pm »

Only 18% felt strongly enough against her to actually get off their butt and vote against her.

82% wanted her to continue to be Governor or didn't mind her continuing.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2014, 11:01:07 pm »

82% wanted her to continue to be Governor or didn't mind her continuing.

So 82% of the voters are related to kimchi.
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2014, 10:45:57 am »

I'm very happy with is election, even blue states like West VA went Red because of  the democrats war on coal & oil, coal  is the life blood of West VA, Oklahoma as usual went solid Red. Obama still plans to Bull-On against the wishes of the people with his open amnesty plan  for 34  million illegals, still plans to ban the Keystone Pipeline, and will allow no coal digging in West VA. Obamas war on Coal & Oil is still going strong. At least the republicans will stop the ship from taking on more water and we can start fixing the leaks  until things change in 2016.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 10:40:22 am by sauerkraut » Logged

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2014, 01:23:45 pm »

Saw several of the exploding heads this morning talking about how the Republicans out-spent the poor Democrats with the backing of. . . THE EVIL KOCH BROTHERS!

It seems they are mistaken.

Republicans didn't need to outspend, all they had to do was get out of the way.  Best not to interfere with your opponent when he is in the process of destroying himself.

All that was necessary for Republican victory was just the slightest association of a Democrat opponent with president Obama, or his policies.

This election was not won by the Republicans, it was lost by the Democrats.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2014, 01:35:40 pm »

Saw several of the exploding heads this morning talking about how the Republicans out-spent the poor Democrats with the backing of. . . THE EVIL KOCH BROTHERS!

It seems they are mistaken.

Republicans didn't need to outspend, all they had to do was get out of the way.  Best not to interfere with your opponent when he is in the process of destroying himself.

All that was necessary for Republican victory was just the slightest association of a Democrat opponent with president Obama, or his policies.

This election was not won by the Republicans, it was lost by the Democrats.

Your last sentence is the real issue. Money in politics will always exist, and in my view is just an excuse.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2014, 04:27:58 pm »

Sounds like we'll have 2 years of attempted repeal of Obamacare.

I'm pretty sure we're not going to see much difference with the new senate.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2014, 05:03:17 pm »

Sounds like we'll have 2 years of attempted repeal of Obamacare.

I'm pretty sure we're not going to see much difference with the new senate.

Which is what I said six months ago when I was sure this would happen.  Happens every six years especially in the final midterm of a President's second term.  Happened to the last four presidents if I'm not mistaken.

Except that now the divide between the parties is so incredible sharp, that pundits are already in an outrage when ole Turtle McConnell said he was willing to start compromising.  The hard line right wingers will have none of that so called 'compromise'.

It used to be known as 'governing'.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2014, 05:40:31 pm »

Same circus, different clowns.

Power is nothing till you use it.
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2014, 10:44:34 am »

This election was a vote to stop Obama, if the voters wanted a comprimise with Obama they would of voted for more democrats. The voters spoke loud and clear to change direction, and stop Obama. It looks like the Keystone Pipeline could be built now many democrats in the senate side with the republicans in supporting the Keystone pipeline and they have votes to over-ride Obama's Keystone veto. Harry Reid is no more. There'a new sheriff in town.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2014, 11:00:33 am »

This election was a vote to stop Obama, if the voters wanted a comprimise with Obama they would of voted for more democrats. The voters spoke loud and clear to change direction, and stop Obama. It looks like the Keystone Pipeline could be built now many democrats in the senate side with the republicans in supporting the Keystone pipeline and they have votes to over-ride Obama's Keystone veto. Harry Reid is no more. There'a new sheriff in town.

Hmm...guess you've never heard of the veto.

You have GOT to be a plant.  Nobody on earth is this stupid.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2014, 11:08:32 am »

Wasn't that big a "loud and clear" - the Senate change of 7 states was done with dramatically reduced turnout - 38 states had reduced turnout from 2010.

And of those 7 states, the difference was about 585,000 votes out of about 7,555,000 cast for Rep and Dem.  About a 7% difference - which means that is Dems had gotten about 3.9% more and Reps had gotten 3.8% less, the Senate would not have changed that much.  Realistically, this shows that we are still massively divided.  People are massively uninterested for whatever reason.  And small polarizing "shocks" to the system can have huge effects.

And this note really isn't to sauer, since he won't understand anyway....he still thinks Keystone will mean something economically significant for Oklahoma and the nation....

And Hoss,....yes he is, and yes, we have lots of them here....see results for Failin', Inhofe....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org