A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:26:29 am
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Urban 8  (Read 96955 times)
Bamboo World
Philanthropist

« Reply #135 on: February 24, 2017, 04:13:25 pm »

Minor update from TDA Executive Report for February, posted today:

A. Tulsa Urban Development Group, LLC, d/b/a Urban8
North side of East 3rd Street South, between South Greenwood Avenue and South
Kenosha Street
8 Single Family Dwellings
TDA Land Disposition
• The Redeveloper continues to work on task to complete the project
• Unit No. 2 is currently undergoing an interior buildout
• The walls are ready to be painted
• Cabinets are being delivered
• All doors and trim are being installed
• Wood floors have also been installed throughout
• The geo-thermo heat exchange equipment has been delivered, installed and
currently operational in units No. 2 and No. 7

http://www.tulsadevelopmentauthority.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Executive-Director-Report-10.pdf

Thanks for the "minor" update, cannon_fodder.

The update from TDA confirms what I've been posting for months:  The project is not complete.  The project is not done.  The project is not finished yet.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #136 on: February 24, 2017, 09:07:16 pm »

Thanks for the "minor" update, cannon_fodder.

The update from TDA confirms what I've been posting for months:  The project is not complete.  The project is not done.  The project is not finished yet.

You are being a bit vague, Boo.  Do you mean the project has not reached its climax?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Bamboo World
Philanthropist

« Reply #137 on: February 27, 2017, 04:18:42 pm »

You are being a bit vague, Boo.  Do you mean the project has not reached its climax?

What I mean is that (to me) the project does not seem to be complete, although TulsaNow posted a completion date of March 2016:  http://tulsanow.org/index.php/urban-8/

I don't understand the purpose of prematurely throwing out and posting an early completion date for a project which hasn't been completed yet.  Six of the eight units seem to be on the market for purchase, but have never sold.  Seven of the eight units seem to be unoccupied.

Also, (to me) the Urban 8 buildings do not appear to be an austere Empire-Strikes-Back black.  The Urban 8 buildings do not appear (to me) to be any austere color at all, and definitely not black.

In my opinion, the Urban 8 units are overpriced for what they are now (or what they might be when they're finished), at that particular location.  For the asking price, there apparently isn't demand for that type of housing in downtown Tulsa.  That's why Urban 8 has sat idle and vacant for so long, while the nearby Boxyard project has been completed and has been filling up with tenants.  

« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 08:04:06 pm by Bamboo World » Logged
AdamsHall
Civic Leader

« Reply #138 on: July 18, 2017, 05:15:31 pm »

It appears 3 units have sold now, not including the model unit on the East end.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #139 on: July 18, 2017, 05:50:25 pm »

It appears 3 units have sold now, not including the model unit on the East end.

Wow, that's great news.

Any idea how much they sold for?
AdamsHall
Civic Leader

« Reply #140 on: July 19, 2017, 10:30:23 am »

Any idea how much they sold for?

No clue.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #141 on: July 19, 2017, 10:40:26 am »

According to the Assessors site, the one on the east end sold in April of 2016 for $900,000.00.

http://www.assessor.tulsacounty.org/assessor-property.php?account=R42310920145070&return=close

Also, according to Trulia, two other units have sold for ~$600k.

https://www.trulia.com/for_sale/36.155187658607,36.156772916349,-95.984823976765,-95.982678209553_xy/19_zm/
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 10:45:19 am by dbacksfan 2.0 » Logged
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #142 on: July 19, 2017, 11:27:20 am »

According to the Assessors site, the one on the east end sold in April of 2016 for $900,000.00.

http://www.assessor.tulsacounty.org/assessor-property.php?account=R42310920145070&return=close

Also, according to Trulia, two other units have sold for ~$600k.

https://www.trulia.com/for_sale/36.155187658607,36.156772916349,-95.984823976765,-95.982678209553_xy/19_zm/

$600k sounds like an amazing deal, but from walking by them, looking inside, and hearing from someone with knowledge of these, the interiors were not completed so after everything is done, it should cost the new owners closer to $650-700k or so, depending on how nice they want them. Still a great deal when you consider everything planned for the area, but hard to imagine they made much money on this development.

The east unit that sold for $900k was sold to the original developer,  Yvonne Hovell.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #143 on: July 19, 2017, 11:35:20 am »

$600k sounds like an amazing deal, but from walking by them, looking inside, and hearing from someone with knowledge of these, the interiors were not completed so after everything is done, it should cost the new owners closer to $650-700k or so, depending on how nice they want them. Still a great deal when you consider everything planned for the area, but hard to imagine they made much money on this development.

The east unit that sold for $900k was sold to the original developer,  Yvonne Hovell.

Didn't know that about the east unit. Admittedly I did not reread the thread, I might have found that. Time will tell, but you could be very right on the price for the other two. It seems like that area is doing well, and paying slightly above market may payoff in the long run. If it was me, I would treaty it as a buy and hold, and see what the market is like at least five years down the road.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #144 on: July 19, 2017, 04:03:42 pm »

Didn't know that about the east unit. Admittedly I did not reread the thread, I might have found that. Time will tell, but you could be very right on the price for the other two. It seems like that area is doing well, and paying slightly above market may payoff in the long run. If it was me, I would treaty it as a buy and hold, and see what the market is like at least five years down the road.

I see by your avatar picture that you have been "Photobucketed"....   Happening a lot the last couple of weeks.

Anyone know of a GOOD photo sharing site - either free or reasonable cost?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #145 on: July 19, 2017, 04:45:13 pm »

I see by your avatar picture that you have been "Photobucketed"....   Happening a lot the last couple of weeks.

If you just want to share the occasional pic http://imgur.com/

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #146 on: July 20, 2017, 09:40:17 am »

Yeah, it really sucks on an automotive forum I'm a member of. So many lost the links to photos showing issues to take care of things and we all refuse to pay the $400.00/yr ransom.

I went with smugmug. Very reasonable several tiers and easy to use. I can post pictures in different sizes to fit the particular forum without having to alter the original, it has different levels of right click security for sharing albums, from no security to all you can do is view the photos.

https://www.smugmug.com/
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #147 on: July 20, 2017, 10:54:38 am »

Yeah, it really sucks on an automotive forum I'm a member of. So many lost the links to photos showing issues to take care of things and we all refuse to pay the $400.00/yr ransom.

I went with smugmug. Very reasonable several tiers and easy to use. I can post pictures in different sizes to fit the particular forum without having to alter the original, it has different levels of right click security for sharing albums, from no security to all you can do is view the photos.

https://www.smugmug.com/

Smugmug is the one I keep drifting back to every time I search.  Guess I will just go ahead and join.

Forum I go to has the same problem - most of the pics are just gone.  For some reason, mine are still there, but I am expecting them to disappear any day!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #148 on: July 20, 2017, 11:09:44 am »

Smugmug is the one I keep drifting back to every time I search. 

Speaking of drift...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #149 on: July 20, 2017, 11:33:52 am »

Speaking of drift...

Yeah!   Good catch!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org