A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:35:35 am
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Urban 8  (Read 97374 times)
johrasephoenix
« on: October 24, 2014, 10:31:06 am »

Is Urban 8 still alive / under construction?  I've moved out of town but am trying to keep up with all the awesome stuff happening around Tulsa.  I haven't been able to find any news updates since June...
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 03:13:55 pm »

Short answer: yes.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 08:02:16 am »

Dirt is moved, sticks will be going up soon.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 12:26:16 pm »

Foundations are done, they are going vertical now.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2015, 03:13:52 pm »

Foundations are done, they are going vertical now.

Huh

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2015, 03:38:15 pm »

yea, it looks like that.
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2015, 01:51:03 pm »

They've started the wood framing now, moving from the east units to the west.

I really like the scale and massing of these units, very appropriate for the neighborhood around them. I'm excited to see what the finished design looks like...the exteriors of the east units will likely be pretty much done in just a couple of months.
dsjeffries
City Father

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2015, 09:11:20 am »

Photos of the progress, from this weekend:

Full size images here

Change never happened because people were happy with the status quo.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2015, 09:51:04 am »

Looks great!  Thanks for sharing.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
davideinstein
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2015, 09:52:45 am »

Are there any plans for the back side of that block?
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2015, 09:57:56 am »

I think this is the other side of that block.  If not, it's close.

http://www.newson6.com/story/27493589/east-village-the-next-hot-spot-for-tulsa-developers
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2015, 10:33:22 am »

Hartford Commons is on the 2nd Street side of this lot

http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=20832.0
TulsaGuy
Activist

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2015, 10:42:36 am »

How many of these units have been purchased? 
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2016, 12:03:13 pm »

How many of these units have been purchased? 

That is the question of the year for Urban 8. Rumors are that zero have been sold. The developer has "purchased" 1 and the other has been shown as "SOLD" for the illusion that there is a limited supply.

The fact that they are this close to completion and have not sold any is very bad news for them. Another rumor is that the market will only allow for ~$500,000 homes in the area. When I first saw the price I doubted if any would sell (thinking they probably have room to budge). Apparently they have no room to budge and it is sell at $875k+ or go under. Even now, a year and a few months later, the area is still a little too underdeveloped for those rich enough for a million dollar home. After a few more things finish up, it will feel a lot nicer and more gentrified so that the premium shoppers could buy in.

Why can't anyone build AFFORDABLE condos downtown? (i.e. in the $100k-$300k range) Not even 1 single new place? Can anyone explain why?
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2016, 12:34:58 pm »

Why can't anyone build AFFORDABLE condos downtown? (i.e. in the $100k-$300k range) Not even 1 single new place? Can anyone explain why?

To clarify a bit, I understand the village at Central Park is in that range and are condos, but that is outside the IDL and although a good start, it is just 1 place. When you go to Little Rock or Memphis or OKC or any other decent sized city in the country, there are many options to purchase condos downtown in the heart of everything.

Tulsa loses quite a bit of density and cohesiveness in downtown due to the fact that the vast majority of people staying there either have short leases (1-2 years) or are only there for a couple nights in a hotel. No one sticks around for long because why would you throw so much money away to rent when you can buy so cheap in Tulsa and there are no options to buy downtown?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org