A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:54:48 am
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Let us predict the U.S. Senate  (Read 10138 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« on: October 22, 2014, 05:53:24 pm »

My guess...

49 democrats 50 republicans and one independent (Bernie Sanders of Vermont who caucuses with the Democrats.

Democrats have Joe Biden to resolve ties and retain control of the Senate.

Power is nothing till you use it.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 08:55:22 pm »

I am so tired of the election cycle. Just make it end. That said, under your scenario, look for Manchin to flip.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 12:11:08 pm »

Ahem...

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/10/bill-clinton-plugs-kay-hagan-in-nc-112395.html

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 01:51:30 pm »

So,... you seem to be saying Oklahoma IS for sale to the Koch brothers....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 02:01:03 pm »

I think it'll be a GOP landslide in the senate. I also believe Mary Fallin will win big over Dorman. After the election is when Obama is supposed to grant 34 Million illegal aliens amnesty. That will be a nation-changing event for sure. Let's hope a Republican Congress can do something about stopping that.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 04:13:32 pm »

I think it'll be a GOP landslide in the senate. I also believe Mary Fallin will win big over Dorman. After the election is when Obama is supposed to grant 34 Million illegal aliens amnesty. That will be a nation-changing event for sure. Let's hope a Republican Congress can do something about stopping that.

If you had been awake anytime in the last 35 years, you would have known that the last two mass amnesties were by bills passed by Congress, and signed by the Presidents - both Republicans.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2014, 11:38:25 pm »

I cannot wait until this election is over. Sick of hearing about it.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2014, 07:26:59 am »

Can't wait to start getting serious about the 2016 election?

Grin

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2014, 08:31:11 am »

Sometime late Thursday maybe.... ISIS and Ebola are both still out there to "entertain" us.....

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2014, 09:35:49 am »

Can't wait to start getting serious about the 2016 election?

Grin

I can't wait!!!

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2014, 09:44:02 am »

There is an election today?

Power is nothing till you use it.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2014, 09:50:40 am »

There is an election today?

For most of us....for guido and Red, it's tomorrow....

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2014, 10:04:00 am »

#55 at 7:50 am at my precinct.  Seemed like a pretty good turn-out so far in my neck of the woods.  I’m going to try and hit seven more by the end of the day.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
rebound
City Father

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2014, 10:29:59 am »

I can't wait!!!

Honestly,  assuming Hillary runs, the only intellectually interesting piece of 2016 is going to be the GOP primaries.  How does the GOP counter her?  Go hard-right?  Lots of issues there.  Go Moderate?  Would anybody really believe it?

Clinton herself is such a known quantity that the traditional attacks probably won't work very well except to play to the already-converted hard-right.  Her major weakness is her interpersonal style and campaign ability, not specific issues.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2014, 10:39:53 am »

Honestly,  assuming Hillary runs, the only intellectually interesting piece of 2016 is going to be the GOP primaries.  How does the GOP counter her?  Go hard-right?  Lots of issues there.  Go Moderate?  Would anybody really believe it?

Clinton herself is such a known quantity that the traditional attacks probably won't work very well except to play to the already-converted hard-right.  Her major weakness is her interpersonal style and campaign ability, not specific issues.

But now that Monica is back in the limelight, I would look for the GOP to roll that out.  They've already started to a little.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org