A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:22:38 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SE Corner of Cameron St. & Main St. (Brady Dist.)  (Read 7926 times)
AdamsHall
Civic Leader

« on: October 19, 2014, 01:21:29 pm »

Construction fence is up around the 2 story red brick building across the street to the East of the Hunt Club & Pub.  Anyone care to share what is going on?
saintnicster
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 10:56:20 pm »

Construction fence is up around the 2 story red brick building across the street to the East of the Hunt Club & Pub.  Anyone care to share what is going on?
I've heard that's where the Hanson Brothers have a studio/hang out/whatever.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 08:08:25 am »

My understanding is GKFF has taken a 100 year lease on the building.  Will be converted to restaurant/retail, office and apartments.  Former auto warehouse.  The restaurant portion will be a brewpub...that is if the rumors are true.  The general permits were in the Sunday Tulsa World a few weeks ago.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 11:07:07 am »

My understanding is GKFF has taken a 100 year lease on the building.  Will be converted to restaurant/retail, office and apartments.  Former auto warehouse.  The restaurant portion will be a brewpub...that is if the rumors are true.  The general permits were in the Sunday Tulsa World a few weeks ago.

Did the building owner finally die?  My understanding was he/she/it would not allow any redevelopment of it as long as they were alive.  But you know how rumors are.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
rebound
City Father

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 11:29:34 am »

Did the building owner finally die?  My understanding was he/she/it would not allow any redevelopment of it as long as they were alive.  But you know how rumors are.

I spoke to a buddy of mine who has a business up there.  Confirms Kaiser leased it.  Says retail below and lofts for Teach For America teachers upstairs.

rdj
City Father

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 11:36:24 am »

I was told he decided he didn't want any of his kids to get it, so he did a lease with GKFF that will outlive them.

Normally I let rumors roll by like tumbleweeds on the Prairie, but I believe this one is the real bomb.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
saintnicster
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2014, 11:42:06 am »

I spoke to a buddy of mine who has a business up there.  Confirms Kaiser leased it.  Says retail below and lofts for Teach For America teachers upstairs.
More lofts for Teach for America! They must be growing tired of GreenArch Tongue
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2014, 01:02:01 pm »

That’s a major WIN! for the area.  I have walked past that building countless times thinking of all the potential it had to lend to the Brady renaissance. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2014, 08:05:00 am »

I have a friend that is involved with one of the first floor projects...they want to try to keep the tile and use the fireplace. I'm looking forward to this.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2014, 04:54:14 pm »

I have a friend that is involved with one of the first floor projects...they want to try to keep the tile and use the fireplace. I'm looking forward to this.

Retail?

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2014, 01:44:02 pm »

Retail?

his part will be restaurant
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org