A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:04:27 am
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Central Hockey League is no more...but hockey remains.  (Read 27207 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2014, 01:26:02 pm »

I didn't even know the Myriad was still open.

It's called the Cox Convention Center now, but yes it's still open.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2014, 03:46:38 pm »

It's called the Cox Convention Center now, but yes it's still open.

Wow I did not even realize that is where it was. I saw Queen there in 1980 and it seemed like it was way out by itself off a Highway. What a huge change that area underwent. I love Bricktown.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
TulsaRufnex
Soccer Curmudgeon
Philanthropist

« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2014, 01:19:41 pm »

I went there a handful of times, back when my alma mater (OCU) still had an NCAA D-1 basketball team in 1984... Bricktown was a walk on the wild side back then.

A little weekend satire:

Politics
Thunder Management Celebrates Win Over Barons
December 20, 2014
http://landrunnews.com/2014/12/thunder-management-celebrates-win-over-barons/
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 01:22:13 pm by TulsaRufnex » Logged

“Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.”
― Brendan Behan  http://www.TulsaRoughnecks.com
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org