A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:28:24 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What-A-Burger Closed  (Read 21091 times)
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« on: October 04, 2014, 09:56:08 am »

Hey gang did anyone notice the Whataburber on Memorial & 27th is no more. They closed it up  and shut it down. I guess they did not get enough business to warrant a re-modeling. I believe that restaurant was there since the late 1960's. They painted that whole building white and put a fence up around it.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 12:14:44 pm »

Hey gang did anyone notice the Whataburber on Memorial & 27th is no more. They closed it up  and shut it down.

They closed it up AND shut it down? Must be serious.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 02:25:07 pm »

Hey gang did anyone notice the Whataburber on Memorial & 27th is no more. They closed it up  and shut it down. I guess they did not get enough business to warrant a re-modeling. I believe that restaurant was there since the late 1960's. They painted that whole building white and put a fence up around it.

26th from Memorial eastward seems to be dead or dying.
There have been restaurants and businesses there shuttered for years.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 09:08:42 am »

Today the 7th of October  is the last day  of Reasors at 71st & Garnette. Nothing is being sold at discount, what does not sell will be trucked to another store. Pyramid also had problems at that location. Another big empty building.

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 09:17:12 am »

Today the 7th of October  is the last day  of Reasors at 71st & Garnette. Nothing is being sold at discount, what does not sell will be trucked to another store. Pyramid also had problems at that location. Another big empty building.

Should make a nice LifeChurch.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2014, 09:40:01 am »

Today the 7th of October  is the last day  of Reasors at 71st & Garnette. Nothing is being sold at discount, what does not sell will be trucked to another store. Pyramid also had problems at that location. Another big empty building.

That would be "Garnett".   Roll Eyes

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2014, 10:40:53 am »

The Whataburger is now fenced off like a Ferguson QuikTrip, but it seems like there are more lights on now that when it was open.
At some point that smelly place will be declared a public nuisance.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2014, 01:02:22 pm »

The Whataburger is now fenced off like a Ferguson QuikTrip, but it seems like there are more lights on now that when it was open.
At some point that smelly place will be declared a public nuisance.
I wonder why they painted that Whataburger building all white. Does anyone know how old that building is? The building next door to it is also vacant and has been for over a year. Oh well one less Whataburger joint I guess.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2014, 06:13:40 am »

I wonder why they painted that Whataburger building all white. Does anyone know how old that building is? The building next door to it is also vacant and has been for over a year. Oh well one less Whataburger joint I guess.

No big loss....if they wanted a real old fashioned 'greasy' burger they would have gone to Lot-A-Burger to start with....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2014, 09:27:16 am »

How is this a restaurant review. Maybe its a very meta review and I'm not looking for it?
sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2014, 09:29:22 am »

Lot-a-Burger is expensive something like $5.00 for a burger and $2.00 or so for a small fries and a $1.50 for a small drink...  No Thanx.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2014, 11:30:38 am »

Lot-a-Burger is expensive something like $5.00 for a burger and $2.00 or so for a small fries and a $1.50 for a small drink...  No Thanx.

Everything's expensive when you live in a single wide with a blue tarp held down with old tires on the roof, and paying for gas in a 35 year old truck.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2014, 02:49:45 pm »

How is this a restaurant review. Maybe its a very meta review and I'm not looking for it?

From the 465,000 foot view.....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2014, 02:52:22 pm »

It's all about what you value in life.  If you value a $5 What-A-Burger instead, then I can't help you at all....too far gone!

Here....maybe this will help....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGm_vWuzlig&list=PL0054CAD1367AFC37&index=117

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2014, 03:21:39 pm »

It's all about what you value in life.  If you value a $5 What-A-Burger instead, then I can't help you at all....too far gone!

Here....maybe this will help....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGm_vWuzlig&list=PL0054CAD1367AFC37&index=117

H....

Just. Say. No.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org