A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:40:47 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PlaniTulsa  (Read 22814 times)
johrasephoenix
« on: October 02, 2014, 12:11:54 pm »

Is PlaniTulsa dead?  What happened to it?  I feel like we put in an enormous amount of work on it and then it was just dropped stone dead.  I almost never hear it mentioned anymore, especially not by city leadership.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 12:27:26 pm »

Is PlaniTulsa dead?  What happened to it?  I feel like we put in an enormous amount of work on it and then it was just dropped stone dead.  I almost never hear it mentioned anymore, especially not by city leadership.

From what I was told it's been shelved in a dark and dusty place.

I feel like we put in an enormous amount of work on it and then it was just dropped stone dead.
  Indeed
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 12:31:07 pm »

Evidently it burned up along with the cell phone in Dooey's pocket.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 01:51:16 pm »

During the last Mayoral Race his honor stated straight out that he does not support increased density and that Tulsa should naturally expand to its borders.

I'm not sure what he thinks happens once there is no more room to grow outward.

As long as he is in office, PlaniTulsa is indeed dead...and unfortunately a great many developers like it that way.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 05:16:08 pm »

Right now PlaniTulsa is in the middle of the zoning code update phase. Some new designations are being added such as mixed-use.

It is not dead nor shelved, but it is not being pursued with much fervor since Dewey took office and it was a Kathy project.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2014, 06:50:48 pm »

According to the timeline it was indeed supposed to be done and implemented by now. Other cities have started and implemented theirs during the time we have gotten "in the middle of..." ours.  Meanwhile more non-pedestrian/transit friendly crap is going into areas that are supposed to eventually be pedestrian/transit friendly, thus further hurting PlaniTulsa's aims for those areas.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 10:39:29 pm »

Right now PlaniTulsa is in the middle of the zoning code update phase. Some new designations are being added such as mixed-use.

It is not dead nor shelved, but it is not being pursued with much fervor since Dewey took office and it was a Kathy project.

Sounds shelved.
davideinstein
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2014, 03:28:15 pm »

Pitiful this has not been more aggressively pursued.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2014, 03:57:50 pm »

Elections have consequences. Tulsa wanted Dewey, Tulsa got Dewey.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2014, 06:19:50 pm »

There sure seems to be ever more city employees, time, and money aggressively pursuing "water in the river"

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2014, 10:42:26 pm »

During the last Mayoral Race his honor stated straight out that he does not support increased density and that Tulsa should naturally expand to its borders.

I'm not sure what he thinks happens once there is no more room to grow outward.

As long as he is in office, PlaniTulsa is indeed dead...and unfortunately a great many developers like it that way.

How does PlaniTulsa benefit South Tulsa?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 10:45:29 pm by guido911 » Logged

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
TulsaRufnex
Soccer Curmudgeon
Philanthropist

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2014, 11:22:03 am »

How does PlaniTulsa benefit South Tulsa?

Hopefully, it will strategically pave the way to offer residents more options than the same collections of cookie-cutter housing developments and Ugly-As-Sin-On-Sunday strip malls.
We have plenty of those already.

“Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.”
― Brendan Behan  http://www.TulsaRoughnecks.com
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2014, 02:40:48 pm »

There sure seems to be ever more city employees, time, and money aggressively pursuing "water in the river"

That is Dewey's "vision".  PlaniTulsa died when Dewey was first elected, and then reelected.  Hopefully there is a future mayor who can carry that torch in the future.  We could've been ahead of many other cities with this but now we're behind and will be playing catch up, just like the city has been doing for 20 years...

TulsaRufnex
Soccer Curmudgeon
Philanthropist

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2014, 07:07:09 pm »

I fear that if Dewey ever gets his wish for "water in the river," we won't actually get water.... just thousands of orange cones. Grin

“Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.”
― Brendan Behan  http://www.TulsaRoughnecks.com
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2014, 07:40:04 pm »

I fear that if Dewey ever gets his wish for "water in the river," we won't actually get water.... just thousands of orange cones. Grin

I kind of remember KRMG releasing hundreds (thousands?) of small floating objects during the Great Raft Races.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org