A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:22:51 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JJ's Gourmet Burger Cafe???  (Read 14962 times)
Tulsa Zephyr
Activist

« on: October 01, 2014, 04:27:27 pm »

I've seen a For Sale sign outside JJ's for the past several days.  I've never eaten there.  I've never tried.  Can it be that I'll never have the chance to be offended by Tulsa's own burger Nazi?...or do you suppose he's venturing into something else we can't live without?
 Huh

"My ambition is handicapped by laziness."  Charles Bukowski
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 05:49:36 pm »

He's just getting out....He's no spring chicken......It's definitely a loss....!!

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 06:31:00 pm »

Saw this about the "burger nazi":

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/58/1611615/restaurant/The-Pearl/JJs-Gourmet-Burger-Cafe-Tulsa

Hasn't the "treat your customers like sh!t" thing run its course?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 06:35:38 pm by guido911 » Logged

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 06:58:45 pm »

He doesn't treat you like smile....He just says he's not serving anymore burgers and turns people away....His service is great....

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 07:31:15 pm »

He doesn't treat you like smile....He just says he's not serving anymore burgers and turns people away....His service is great....

Fair enough. Never even knew this place existed. I can count on one hand the number of times I have sat down at a restaurant in the past year (iirc).

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 08:29:58 pm »

I can count on one hand the number of times I have sat down at a restaurant in the past year (iirc).

Hemorrhoids can have that effect on people.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 01:08:34 pm »

Fair enough. Never even knew this place existed. I can count on one hand the number of times I have sat down at a restaurant in the past year (iirc).

You should go there at least once...His burgers are ground prime rib.....Cooked his way btw.....!! hah.....

Tulsa Zephyr
Activist

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2014, 05:54:54 am »

The "For Sale" sign was gone Friday.  Maybe he's going to turn it into a Shotgun Sam's?   Cool

"My ambition is handicapped by laziness."  Charles Bukowski
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2014, 07:14:23 pm »

The "For Sale" sign was gone Friday.  Maybe he's going to turn it into a Shotgun Sam's?   Cool

"Coming Soon! JR's Gourmet Burgers from master chef Jim Rice!"
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 07:18:57 pm by dbacksfan 2.0 » Logged
Badger
Citizen

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2014, 08:30:40 am »

"Coming Soon! JR's Gourmet Burgers from master chef Jim Rice!"

C'mon down to JR's Gourmet Burgers!  It'll be the same recipe!  And the same quality ingredients!

Except that the burgers won't be made of prime rib.

And the buns will be different.

And instead of getting cake and cappucino you'll get a Milky Way bar and a red Solo cup half-full of Mr. Pibb.

And it might be served by a methhead in a tight yellow shirt.
(However, I can guarantee that my girls will give you the best "service" in Tulsa.  If you know what I mean.  And I think you do.)

Also, your burger might be really, really well-done.

Um... and the recipe might actually be different after all, because the last guy wouldn't give it to us.

Other than that, though, it'll be the SAME JJ's greatness that Tulsa has grown to know and love!

GRAND OPENING Monday, October 13th!
(Pending Health Department approval)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 08:33:26 am by Badger » Logged
Badger
Citizen

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2014, 08:38:21 am »

(I realize that my spelling was too good for the above work of parody to be all that plausible, but I was too tired to go back through and add the requisite amount of errors.)

Cheesy
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2014, 10:09:36 am »

C'mon down to JR's Gourmet Burgers!  It'll be the same recipe!  And the same quality ingredients!

And instead of getting cake and cappucino you'll get a Milky Way bar and a red Solo cup half-full of Mr. Pibb.

(However, I can guarantee that my girls will give you the best "service" in Tulsa.  If you know what I mean.  And I think you do.)

Um... and the recipe might actually be different after all, because the last guy wouldn't give it to us.

Other than that, though, it'll be the SAME JJ's greatness that Tulsa has grown to know and love!

He will channel the recipe from the spirit of Ken Selby, since they were golfing buddies ’n stuff, because Ken worked there briefly, or was that McDonalds, but he still had JJ’s recipe.

“And we’ll have Santa Clause (sic) there for the kiddies!"

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2014, 01:48:52 am »

(However, I can guarantee that my girls will give you the best "service" in Tulsa.  If you know what I mean.  And I think you do.)

Well done, and I don't mean the burger.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org