A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:34:53 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OKC Beheading  (Read 10947 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2014, 12:20:20 pm »

CNN is really having a hard time with this, as is the FBI. 
"While his Facebook page included images of bin Laden and a beheading, no indication Nolen was motivated by terrorism, an official said"
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/29/justice/oklahoma-beheading-suspect/

Believe it or not. . .Morning Joe did about the best job of covering this and expressing the appropriate sentiment.  All around excellent discussion.  MSNBC was the only network successful in actually getting a Muslim leader to express condemnation for the act on the air, and admit direct connection with the ISIS terror activities that Nolen showed solidarity with on his Facebook page.
http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch/joe--muslims-offended-by-okla.-mans-actions-334827075729

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2014, 01:35:53 pm »

What about hiring the stupid?

I think he has said he is retired....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2014, 11:45:53 am »

Todays editorial  page in the TW world was a joke (09-30-14) they danced around the jihad act and pretended it was "work place violence" called it  "a stabbing", no mention of a head being cut off in the stabbing. Liberals! what a joke can't face real life facts.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2014, 11:48:46 am »

Todays editorial  page in the TW world was a joke (09-30-14) they danced around the jihad act and pretended it was "work place violence" called it  "a stabbing", no mention of a head being cut off in the stabbing. Liberals! what a joke can't face real life facts.

You realize there is not a damn given about your opinions?
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2014, 01:54:35 pm »

OK. I'm sure that the real Racist remarks will not be about this man not liking White people. But that he was fired for not liking White people.  Roll Eyes

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2775194/Oklahoma-man-charged-murder-beheading.html

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2014, 02:10:43 pm »

Sauer does not understand what terrorism is.

I think it’s quite obvious that this was not terrorism.  Alton Nolen was simply angry about being suspended from his job.

Having recently adopted the name Jah’Keem Yisrael and joining the Islamic Society of Greater Oklahoma City in May (the same mosque Zacarias Moussaoui attended under then Imam Suhaib Webb, who since moved on to become the Imam of the Islamic Society of Boston where the Tsarnaev brothers attended), Nolen was working to become a faithful servant. 

Sure he spent his free time praising ISIS and Al Qaeda’s actions on social media.  He also posted pictures of beheadings and issued warnings to infidels, but that was just his way of communicating what he perceived to be the message of his faith. 

His Facebook page shows numerous pictures of others at his Mosque and lots of dialogue and condemnation against western culture, women, and the government.  He certainly was not alone there, and seemed to have found lots of friends who engaged with him in dialogue supporting his various crusades and the dire warnings he offered.

That day when his situation took a turn for the worse, he reacted the only way he knew how, by engaging in a horrible act of workplace violence involving the beheading or ‘smiting of the neck’ of his co-workers. 

Psychologically speaking, this was a calculated effort to invoke terror, probably believing it would be his last act before meeting Allah.  He obviously desired his actions to leave a lasting and fearful impression, and took them as an act of faith, or at least solidarity with others of his faith that he admired.

Just because he took this similar actions, in the same name, and for a similar purpose as other terrorists, does not mean this is an act of terrorism. 

I mean, why would it be? 

That would be like saying, Major Nidal Hasan declaring himself a “Soldier of Islam” and going on a shooting spree, because the US Constitution was in violation of Shira law, was an act of terrorism. 

Or like saying, two brothers angry at the United States, filling pressure cookers with explosives and blowing them up during a marathon, is an act of terrorism.

To be an act of terrorism requires a federal designation dependent on a political deliberation.  There are many reasons why this will not qualify.  First, the timing is wrong because no incumbent wants to go into an election cycle after an act of terrorism on their (or their party’s) watch.  Second, the assailant was stopped by a civilian (even worse, an armed civilian), not a state or federal agency.  This poses a poor optic for the control of an armed citizenry.  Though Mark Vaughan was a volunteer deputy sheriff his 10 month training course is not really enough for them to classify him as professional law enforcement, and he was far from working in that capacity at the time.

If it, however, this occurred after an election, and the implications leaned towards more federal funding, government controls, or new legislation, there would be more likelihood for a terrorism classification.  The civilian with the gun is still the sticky wicket though, because the federal government can’t allow the image of a citizenry empowered to protect themselves, so I would say that no matter what this is workplace violence.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2014, 02:18:54 pm »

I think it’s quite obvious that this was not terrorism.  Alton Nolen was simply angry about being suspended from his job.

LONG way to get around that barn....!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2014, 02:59:27 pm »

Having recently adopted the name Jah’Keem Yisrael and joining the Islamic Society of Greater Oklahoma City in May (the same mosque Zacarias Moussaoui attended under then Imam Suhaib Webb, who since moved on to become the Imam of the Islamic Society of Boston where the Tsarnaev brothers attended), Nolen was working to become a faithful servant. 

Sure he spent his free time praising ISIS and Al Qaeda’s actions on social media.  He also posted pictures of beheadings and issued warnings to infidels, but that was just his way of communicating what he perceived to be the message of his faith. 

His Facebook page shows numerous pictures of others at his Mosque and lots of dialogue and condemnation against western culture, women, and the government.  He certainly was not alone there, and seemed to have found lots of friends who engaged with him in dialogue supporting his various crusades and the dire warnings he offered.

That day when his situation took a turn for the worse, he reacted the only way he knew how, by engaging in a horrible act of workplace violence involving the beheading or ‘smiting of the neck’ of his co-workers. 

Psychologically speaking, this was a calculated effort to invoke terror, probably believing it would be his last act before meeting Allah.  He obviously desired his actions to leave a lasting and fearful impression, and took them as an act of faith, or at least solidarity with others of his faith that he admired.

Just because he took this similar actions, in the same name, and for a similar purpose as other terrorists, does not mean this is an act of terrorism. 

I mean, why would it be? 

That would be like saying, Major Nidal Hasan declaring himself a “Soldier of Islam” and going on a shooting spree, because the US Constitution was in violation of Shira law, was an act of terrorism. 

Or like saying, two brothers angry at the United States, filling pressure cookers with explosives and blowing them up during a marathon, is an act of terrorism.

To be an act of terrorism requires a federal designation dependent on a political deliberation.  There are many reasons why this will not qualify.  First, the timing is wrong because no incumbent wants to go into an election cycle after an act of terrorism on their (or their party’s) watch.  Second, the assailant was stopped by a civilian (even worse, an armed civilian), not a state or federal agency.  This poses a poor optic for the control of an armed citizenry.  Though Mark Vaughan was a volunteer deputy sheriff his 10 month training course is not really enough for them to classify him as professional law enforcement, and he was far from working in that capacity at the time.

If it, however, this occurred after an election, and the implications leaned towards more federal funding, government controls, or new legislation, there would be more likelihood for a terrorism classification.  The civilian with the gun is still the sticky wicket though, because the federal government can’t allow the image of a citizenry empowered to protect themselves, so I would say that no matter what this is workplace violence.

I’m curious when the DOJ will announce additional hate crime charges since this stemmed from Mr. Nolen’s hatred of people who did not share his faith.  Mr. Nolen also killed and wounded a couple of white women.  Obviously he was motivated by race and is some sort of misogynist.  Come on Holder you don't leave office just yet, there’s plenty of time to pile on the charges!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2014, 03:04:11 pm »

I’m curious when the DOJ will announce additional hate crime charges since this stemmed from Mr. Nolen’s hatred of people who did not share his faith.  Mr. Nolen also killed and wounded a couple of white women.  Obviously he was motivated by race and is some sort of misogynist.  Come on Holder you don't leave office just yet, there’s plenty of time to pile on the charges!

$10.00 says it never happens. The defense will be mental defect or illness.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2014, 03:45:33 pm »

He was suspended for making racially charged statements against white people, according to the press conference today.  That would mean that first and for most this was racially motivated.

**We're sorry, you've reached the office of Al Sharpton, no one is here to take you call.  Please leave a messBEEEEEEEEEEEP!

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2014, 04:58:47 pm »

It's all ok...We deserve it....!!!

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2014, 07:44:41 pm »

It's all ok...We deserve it....!!!

Somehow this is all _______ fault.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2014, 08:06:04 pm »

Somehow this is all _England's_ fault.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2014, 08:41:03 pm »

Somehow this is all _______ fault.

Canada.

Blame Canada!   Always....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOR38552MJA

sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2014, 11:54:47 am »

There's more to it, I heard that they guy was NOT fired but only suspended, So that throws out the idea that he got fired and went off the deep end. The guy was also yelling Islamic words and talking in Arabic as he went on his spree. Chopping off a head is right out the ISIS handbook. Work Place Violence Indeed! More likely Islamic Jihad aganist the infidels who refuse to join Islam.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org