A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:42:30 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Unit Corp to build new HQ in Tulsa  (Read 7381 times)
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« on: June 11, 2013, 03:39:39 pm »

Unit Corp. plans new Tulsa headquarters
Tulsa-based drilling company Unit Corp. has purchased 30 acres for $6.5 million and plans to establish a headquarters near the Tulsa Hills Shopping Center. Unit is engaged through its subsidiaries in oil and gas exploration, production, drilling and natural gas gathering and processing. The company, which currently is based near 71st Street and Lewis Avenue, will mark its 50th anniversary this summer. Unit employs 300 people.

http://www.growmetrotulsa.com/news/353/news/1287/unit-corp-plans-new-tulsa-headquarters

Very happy they are committing to their Tulsa roots!

I wish the HQ was coming downtown in a new sky-scrapper style (or better yet, refurb an entire block and tie old building s together!), but if they want a suburban campus style Tulsa Hills is a great spot.

Have to kind-a chuckle at the residents near Tulsa Hills.  They protested the apartments, enjoy a new corporate HQ.  Unit has 300 people working in their HQ, they employ some 2500 (contrary to what the release above says). 

I will be interest in seeing the design, there is no official release on Unit's website.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 04:01:40 pm »

They are in the same building where I work. I guess not for long.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 04:20:17 pm »

They are in the same building where I work. I guess not for long.

In other news, your ability to negotiate with your landlord has just improved.

TV Guide.  Unit Corp.  Wasn't someone else in that space not long ago?

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 06:12:42 pm »

In other news, your ability to negotiate with your landlord has just improved.

TV Guide.  Unit Corp.  Wasn't someone else in that space not long ago?

TV Guide/United Video/Rovi/etc. lot of names, same company
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 06:18:33 pm »

Rovi and TV Guide are no longer the same company. TV Guide is now TVGN, owned by CBS. Dish has a ton of space.  Williams and Willams have some too. Unit has been adding a lot of space lately that will soon be open.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 06:52:18 am »

Rovi and TV Guide are no longer the same company. TV Guide is now TVGN, owned by CBS. Dish has a ton of space.  Williams and Willams have some too. Unit has been adding a lot of space lately that will soon be open.

I would assume Williams and Williams will shrink quite a bit more in the coming year(s) too, unless they shift their market and add another leg or two to their table.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2014, 02:17:16 pm »

This project officially broke ground.  I was by there last weekend and they've already started earthwork.  It will be 6 stories with an attached parking garage.  

Interesting to see office development in this part of town, but the views will be nice.  It will be the new home for 365 employees which Unit expects to increase in the next few years.  They have added over 150 employees in the Tulsa office since 2010.

http://m.tulsaworld.com/business/columnists/johnstancavage/john-stancavage-unit-breaks-ground-for-new-hq/article_ffec083b-655d-5f29-893e-3e2679ca5f64.html
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 02:20:02 pm by SXSW » Logged

Stanley1
Activist

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2014, 02:34:01 pm »

Wow.  Had no idea they were that big, or that they'd be bringing that many people to the area.

Where do they office out of now?
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2014, 02:57:23 pm »

Wow.  Had no idea they were that big, or that they'd be bringing that many people to the area.

Where do they office out of now?

The old Kensington complex
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org