A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:56:45 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Route 66 CPA 5K race Saturday  (Read 17800 times)
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« on: September 09, 2014, 02:43:05 pm »

The yearly Route 66 5K  CPA race is this Saturday Sept. 13, 2014.  Not to be confused with the other Route 66 race held latter this year. This is a fun, fast pace race around Chapman stadium, starting at 11th street.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
saintnicster
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 04:11:38 pm »

The yearly Route 66 5K  CPA race is this Saturday Sept. 13, 2014.  Not to be confused with the other Route 66 race held latter this year. This is a fun, fast pace race around Chapman stadium, starting at 11th street.
I'll be running it, along with the Aporkalypse 5k that evening.  Should be fun Smiley
sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 01:12:53 pm »

I'll be running it, along with the Aporkalypse 5k that evening.  Should be fun Smiley
Yep, I'll be there- I'll have on a blue shirt & black shorts. It should be cold standing there in the starting coral waiting for the gun to go off, they are talking of a overnight low temp of 49 degrees, so at race time 8:15am  it likely won't be much warmer. I ran that race last year. Same course as last year but the finish line will be inside Chapman Stadium this year. it's a pretty flat course for the most part some slight upgrades on the side streets. Kids under 18 run for free so there will be a lot of kids running the race.

sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2014, 09:28:41 am »

I just finished the Route 66 CPA race, not as many runners were there as in past years it was darn cold. I pulled in 2nd place for my age group and won just what I always needed a coffee mug. They changed the race course from last year.  I also won a raffle prize of a seat pillow. None the less it was a fun race.

saintnicster
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 09:52:59 am »

I managed to shave 2 minutes off my previous PR (35:08 to 32:55), so I'm considering it good Cheesy  It's amazing what a 40 degree temperature drop can do to your running speeds.  If I read the previous map correctly, it went by TU's Allen Chapman Activities Center (now Student Union).  There's a bunch of construction in that area, as they are building a new dorm on the corner of 5th and Florence.
sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 11:34:12 am »

Cold weather hurts me, I do my best running when it's 90 degrees and warmer when my body gets real  loose and pours off sweat, when it's cold I can't get loose and my legs feel like boards. Anyhow,  It felt like I was signing up for the Polar Bear Plunge when I registered at the desk. My time  was not good but better than my last race. It was 27: something. I did pull 2nd place for my age group. My record PR time for a 5K  is 25:33 that I set in the Pancake 5K in Columbus, Ohio back in 2008- of course back then I was much younger. My 2nd best time was 26:03 set in the "Run To The Son" race in 2012 or 2011. This race  was still a ton of fun, but it got cold standing around waiting for them to hand out the prizes. BTW my raffle prize turned out not to be a seat cushion like I thought but a sports bag. I also  got a coffee mug as my prize for 2nd place in my age group. I wish they gave out medals instead of coffee mugs.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 11:38:23 am by sauerkraut » Logged

sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2014, 11:41:44 am »

For me the running season is drawing to a close I can't perform well in winter running, some runners can run the cold I can't, also when it's cold my lungs don't work well, and running in long pants and a jacket does not work well for me. I run my best in shorts and shirtless and soaked in sweat.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2014, 12:03:41 pm »

For me the running season is drawing to a close I can't perform well in winter running, some runners can run the cold I can't, also when it's cold my lungs don't work well, and running in long pants and a jacket does not work well for me. I run my best in shorts and shirtless and soaked in sweat.

Nope
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2014, 04:00:02 pm »

Why do accountants need their own race...??

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 06:16:33 am »

Why do accountants need their own race...??

I know, right?  Next they will be wanting their own parades and the right to marry.  

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2014, 07:42:25 am »

I know, right?  Next they will be wanting their own parades and the right to marry.  

Bunch of reactionary activists with a sense of entitlement....

And the LAST thing the world needs (even more than lawyers...??  lol, I crack myself up...) is married accountants making hordes of baby accountants!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2014, 08:29:16 am »

^^Good stuff guys.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2014, 01:14:29 pm »

Not sure why they call it the Route 66 CPA 5K- I ran that race every year since I moved to Tulsa in 2010. It's not to be confused with the bigger Route 66 race run in November, I believe that's a half marathon race. I don't perform well in cold wither races so I don't do them. I'm at my best when it's 80 degrees and warmer when it come to running and racing.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2014, 01:17:54 pm »

We are so much alike. I like watching TV with the windows open.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org