A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:52:55 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Robin Williams Passes  (Read 8431 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« on: August 11, 2014, 05:52:23 pm »

Big chunk of my childhood memories right there.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 06:28:19 pm »

OMG. Indeed lot's of fond memories there. Don't know what else to say.  Sad day.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 07:14:42 pm »

Improvisational genius and from what I've read not a more genuine human being in Hollywood.  My favorite work of his was in Good Will Hunting.

Words can't describe.  I watched Mork and Mindy religiously every Thursday night.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 08:49:15 pm »

Such a genius.  He did brilliant comedy and drama as well.  I second his role in Good Will Hunting as one of his best and most complex characters, Hoss.

It’s been a somewhat known fact that he was manic depressive.  Some of his best comic work came when he was in real manic phases and roles like Good Will Hunting and Dead Poet’s Society were so authentic because they drew from his dark side. 

Also a very good ambassador to the sport of cycling.

A real American legend passed today.  At least we have a record of his work to look back and enjoy.  I hope he finally found peace.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 09:11:14 pm »

Such a genius.  He did brilliant comedy and drama as well.  I second his role in Good Will Hunting as one of his best and most complex characters, Hoss.

It’s been a somewhat known fact that he was manic depressive.  Some of his best comic work came when he was in real manic phases and roles like Good Will Hunting and Dead Poet’s Society were so authentic because they drew from his dark side. 

Also a very good ambassador to the sport of cycling.

A real American legend passed today.  At least we have a record of his work to look back and enjoy.  I hope he finally found peace.

This is the scene that I am guessing won him the Academy...great 4 minutes of acting.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM-gZintWDc[/youtube]

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 01:22:23 am »

Obama issues a thoughtful statement on Williams' passing. So naturally, people get ticked off.

http://twitchy.com/2014/08/12/president-obama-angers-by-addressing-robin-williams-staying-silent-on-ferguson-riots/?utm_source=autotweet&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2014, 10:38:06 am »

His generation of comedians were superb. Richard Pryor, Bill Cosby, Gene Wilder, Steve Martin, to name a few. Those who can do stand-up and still transition to serious acting without struggle are the best. I feel like I lost a friend from my youth. Full moon did it.

onward...through the fog
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2014, 11:55:53 am »

The first time I saw his stand up was on HBO in 1978 from The Roxy on Sunset. We could not stop talking about it and imitating him at school afterwards.

Not the best video quality, I want to see if I can find it on DVD. Some language may be NSFW.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsIh5z7oYyY[/youtube]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org