A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:48:00 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tony Romas (building) - Famous for Closing  (Read 3861 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« on: August 26, 2014, 05:24:04 pm »

The building on 71st that was:
Tony Romas - Famous for ribs, and closing
Jazmoz Bourbon Street Cafe - When they opened, the owner was quoted as saying that if you can't make it on 71st street, your business is flawed
Al's somethingorother
Some steak and Sushi place

Apparently the land owner gave in, ripped the front off, and turned it into a two-spot strip mall.

So if you need a cell phone, ink cartridge or mattress, you may be in luck.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 06:14:57 pm »

The building on 71st that was:
Tony Romas - Famous for ribs, and closing
Jazmoz Bourbon Street Cafe - When they opened, the owner was quoted as saying that if you can't make it on 71st street, your business is flawed
Al's somethingorother
Some steak and Sushi place

Apparently the land owner gave in, ripped the front off, and turned it into a two-spot strip mall.

So if you need a cell phone, ink cartridge or mattress, you may be in luck.

There are just places that are jinxed.  That's one of them...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 06:35:57 pm »

There are just places that are jinxed.  That's one of them...

Coincidentally, the front was recently ripped off of the Grandys/KC BBQ/Whatever building too.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 06:40:43 am »

You forget an E-Cig shop.  They seem to be in every strip center in town now including the old Chili's on 71st in front of Woodland Hills.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 07:34:27 am »

You forget an E-Cig shop.  They seem to be in every strip center in town now including the old Chili's on 71st in front of Woodland Hills.

Geez! How many spots on the fad band wagon are left? This one is ridiculous.  Roll Eyes

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 09:54:43 am »

Geez! How many spots on the fad band wagon are left? This one is ridiculous.  Roll Eyes

Adult binkies seem to be really popular.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 12:29:24 pm »

I'm torn between being happy less people are sticking fires and cancer in their mouth hole, but those I have seen using them seem unable to set them down.

From talking to a proprietor, this may be because they are using too weak of a nicotine mix
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 12:46:30 pm »

I'm torn between being happy less people are sticking fires and cancer in their mouth hole, but those I have seen using them seem unable to set them down.

From talking to a proprietor, this may be because they are using too weak of a nicotine mix

I’m curious what else is in those.  I cringe when someone is puffing away on one in an elevator or in close proximity.  I still don’t want their chemicals shared with me.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 01:41:28 pm »

I’m curious what else is in those.  I cringe when someone is puffing away on one in an elevator or in close proximity.  I still don’t want their chemicals shared with me.

Mainly water, nicotine and long lasting fruit flavor.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2014, 01:56:22 pm »

I swear when I saw a young black man walk in a place of business with a real "Binky" I almost lost it. A real What the.......! moment.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2014, 05:40:45 pm »

I swear when I saw a young black man walk in a place of business with a real "Binky" I almost lost it. A real What the.......! moment.

Lol...!!   You should see the cup holder in my car - I have a binky there I have carried around for about 6 months!  It belongs to one of the great grandkid's who moved 1,000 miles away....  gonna have to clean out all the memories of that kid in the car, one of these days....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org