A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:06:06 am
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 57   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Simon Outlet Mall 61st & Hwy 75  (Read 450354 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #645 on: June 08, 2015, 07:45:05 am »

Nice non-sequitur. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #646 on: June 08, 2015, 08:30:16 am »

Simon is the largest retail developer/manager in the world.  Why on earth would they scavenge their own good-performing property?  They have to already understand the point CF made.  I think they will dick with the city long enough that Horizon decides to move their resources elsewhere and Simon will do nothing.

I’ve spoken with two previous mayors who see this folly, why doesn’t DB see what a joke this is?

I’m not sure it’s fair to assume the mayor doesn’t understand the risk that the city might be getting played by Simon.  If he sits back and does nothing to win Simon over, and if your theory of Simon’s intention is correct, Simon will point to the mayor/city’s lack of interest as a primary reason the project didn’t happen.  Not good for the mayor.  Also, if there is a chance it will happen, you don’t want to be the mayor who sat back and without a fight watched the project and all the sales tax revenues go to Jenks.  If the outlet mall doesn’t happen or happens in Jenks, the mayor wants to be in the position to say he and the city did everything they could.  That is smart politics.

SouthTulsaCountyDude
Activist

« Reply #647 on: June 08, 2015, 09:08:29 am »

Why would Simon want their Outlet Mall right next to parkview terrace?    (Its Sec 8 right???)

Why would Simon want to do this land swap?    I see no incentive.   Correct me if I am wrong.   Smiley
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #648 on: June 08, 2015, 10:37:05 am »

Why would Simon want their Outlet Mall right next to parkview terrace?    (Its Sec 8 right???)

Why would Simon want to do this land swap?    I see no incentive.   Correct me if I am wrong.   Smiley

Details of the land swap, as I understand it, involves demo of Parkview Terrace and relocation of its residents and leaving the wooded part of Bales Park undisturbed.  So basically the Sharon King Davis property fronting 61st, PT, and the baseball park.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #649 on: June 08, 2015, 03:20:56 pm »

>>>demo of Parkview Terrace and relocation of its residents<<<

That's huge! I could get behind that 100%.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #650 on: June 08, 2015, 03:55:12 pm »

First 5 google images for Parkview Terrace are pics with cops in them.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #651 on: June 08, 2015, 09:32:43 pm »

I hope the home owners on the west side of Union are good with that, too.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #652 on: June 08, 2015, 09:50:47 pm »

I hope the home owners on the west side of Union are good with that, too.

I went to a small-area planning meeting for that area. Many of them very vocally said they don't want anything larger than a shed built west of 75.
dsjeffries
City Father

« Reply #653 on: June 09, 2015, 07:19:29 am »

I'm glad I don't live in a snout house Parkview Terrace or I'd be feeling pretty beat up about now. Man. Criticizing the type of home in which people live.  :-/
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 07:21:24 am by dsjeffries » Logged

Change never happened because people were happy with the status quo.
SouthTulsaCountyDude
Activist

« Reply #654 on: June 09, 2015, 09:29:17 am »

I went to a small-area planning meeting for that area. Many of them very vocally said they don't want anything larger than a shed built west of 75.

SO the city will have a hard time even with the whole land swap idea?Huh
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #655 on: June 09, 2015, 10:19:44 am »

I'm glad I don't live in a snout house Parkview Terrace or I'd be feeling pretty beat up about now. Man. Criticizing the type of home in which people live.  :-/

There's a difference, Daniel. It is a blighted area with high crime. But thanks for playing.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #656 on: June 09, 2015, 11:35:51 am »

Details of the land swap, as I understand it, involves demo of Parkview Terrace and relocation of its residents and leaving the wooded part of Bales Park undisturbed.  So basically the Sharon King Davis property fronting 61st, PT, and the baseball park.

Does the land swap plan mention where the residents would be relocated?
dsjeffries
City Father

« Reply #657 on: June 09, 2015, 01:57:12 pm »

There's a difference, Daniel. It is a blighted area with high crime. But thanks for playing.

So the mass relocation of poor people is okay, but criticizing snout houses isn't. Okay.

According to the Tulsa Police Department's crime map, we need to relocate a lot of people from high crime areas all over the city (Tulsa Hills has an especially high crime rate. We should probably bulldoze it). I guess the failed housing policies of the past 50 years and results from earlier forced removals and concentrations of poverty don't really apply to Tulsa.

Change never happened because people were happy with the status quo.
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #658 on: June 09, 2015, 02:11:53 pm »

So the mass relocation of poor people is okay, but criticizing snout houses isn't. Okay.

According to the Tulsa Police Department's crime map, we need to relocate a lot of people from high crime areas all over the city (Tulsa Hills has an especially high crime rate. We should probably bulldoze it). I guess the failed housing policies of the past 50 years and results from earlier forced removals and concentrations of poverty don't really apply to Tulsa.

They are thousands of well kept "snout houses" in very nice areas and then there are blighted old run down apartment buildings. You're trying to start a fight with me and I am not going to entertain it any further.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #659 on: June 09, 2015, 02:32:30 pm »

SO the city will have a hard time even with the whole land swap idea?Huh

NIMBYs are everywhere.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 57   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org