A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:37:29 pm
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 57   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Simon Outlet Mall 61st & Hwy 75  (Read 450419 times)
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #615 on: May 22, 2015, 07:25:38 am »

All this time I've been hearing Brick and Mortar stores are dying.  Huh
I guess the Millennials still have to have someplace to go to be seen in all their online purchases.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #616 on: May 22, 2015, 08:38:59 am »

Simon has proven o'er and o'er they will play hardball with retailers when it comes to making sure their developments are full.

Want to renew your spot at Woodland Hills?  Better sign on for the Jenks, 'Merica outlet mall or face a serious rate hike.

Horizon can't do that.  Particularly in light of the fact stores have closed at the OKC outlet mall.  Wonder why that site was chosen for store closures?

My wife has dragged me to that mall twice. I can't say for a fact why they closed, but the amount of sketchy individuals hanging around in the parking lot as well as wandering "the mall" made me never want to go back. I would imagine other people have had the same reaction and decided never to step foot there as well. When the wife wants to do some outlet shopping now we go to Branson.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 08:42:48 am by Ibanez » Logged
Tulsasaurus Rex
Civic Leader

« Reply #617 on: May 22, 2015, 09:30:02 am »

Tulsa Council and Mayor say Jenks jumped the gun and Tulsa will fight for the outlets to stay

http://www.fox23.com/news/news/local/proposed-outlet-mall-near-turkey-mountain-moves-je/nmLLY/
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #618 on: May 22, 2015, 10:02:13 am »

This councilor gets it
Tulsa City Councilor Connie Dodson said Simon should not play games with Tulsa officials, and with plans now in flux, the City of Tulsa should get behind, and even expedite, the east Tulsa outlet mall proposed by Horizon Properties.“We need to keep that sales tax revenue in Tulsa, and this is the safest way to do it and also preserve Turkey Mountain,” Dodson said.

Dodson said Horizon officials are very close to having a plan in place for city approval. The developer is just working on the Tax Increment Financing plan, and then they will be complete."It’s already zoned. It’s already ready," Dodson said. "We’re just working on the final numbers for the TIF. So if we can get those numbers locked in, we are moving in that direction right now. Horizon is working to get everything locked in, and to get everything moved into the approval process."

Stanley1
Activist

« Reply #619 on: May 22, 2015, 01:17:03 pm »

Tulsa dodged a bullet and Jenks stepped in front of it. Have fun with those tax dollars - they will never pay for the infrastructure investment you're making. Bummer only 25% of that development is productive land. That's what happens when you spend all your money building roads and parking lots and 4x more water/sewer/utilities because of that sprawling style. Enjoy those part-time minimum wage jobs, too! Go Jenks!

What an idiotic statement.  I really can't say anything other than that.  Just silly.
Stanley1
Activist

« Reply #620 on: May 22, 2015, 01:21:48 pm »

Actually, it’s rumored that the Cherokees & Woodmont Group have had trouble signing any leases.

I heard their chief speak about 2 weeks ago, and he suggested no such thing.  Said they are already "moving" on the project, and starting some of the projects that need to be done first.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #621 on: May 22, 2015, 07:41:17 pm »

"If we don't get an outlet mall, I want to know why," said Tulsa City Councilor Jeannie Cue. "I want to know what we did wrong." - See more at: http://www.fox23.com/news/news/local/proposed-outlet-mall-near-turkey-mountain-moves-je/nmLLY/#sthash.aWGItgkR.dpuf

I don't know, signed petitions to keep them away, badmouthed the company and said outlet malls are crap?
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #622 on: May 29, 2015, 07:32:19 am »

There's earth moving equipment parked onsite at the Jenks location this morning. Could they really move that fast?
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #623 on: May 29, 2015, 08:00:51 am »

There's earth moving equipment parked onsite at the Jenks location this morning. Could they really move that fast?

May not be related to Simon. I've seen that area used for staging (if that's the correct term) many times.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #624 on: May 30, 2015, 10:37:07 am »

Word around the campfire is that Simon likely would not release their contract on the TMUWA property prior to it’s expiration in a few months.  I suspect this is to keep everyone guessing and keep the staff in the Economic Development office focused on retaining Simon while Horizon’s project goes ignored.  Unfortunately, the land swap the city has countered Simon with is not much better than the original site, at least talking to area residents.

If Horizon and Sooner Investments can get their project on the ground, it will have a better net return for the city.  It is a larger overall project with multiple revenue sources aside from the outlet shopping.  It also has a better potential for increasing the ad valorem tax base in that area of east Tulsa.

JMO, I think this illustrates seriously skewed priorities down at City Hall.  They have done little, if anything to show this development much warmth nor to dispel the mistaken notions that this is even remotely similar to the failed Eastland Mall.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
SouthTulsaCountyDude
Activist

« Reply #625 on: June 03, 2015, 09:42:22 am »

May not be related to Simon. I've seen that area used for staging (if that's the correct term) many times.

It was used for staging for the turnpike work.... but what project would be using it for staging now?Huh     
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #626 on: June 03, 2015, 10:24:36 am »

So, the mystery continues:

Simon has requested a continuance of their hearing to the August 19 TMAPC meeting.

Again, I think it is to keep trying to take the city’s attention away from Horizon’s project.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #627 on: June 03, 2015, 10:53:05 am »

It was used for staging for the turnpike work.... but what project would be using it for staging now?Huh     

It looks like it's the project to move the turnpike exit and add service roads. Utilities are being moved from the Aquarium Drive side now.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #628 on: June 03, 2015, 02:33:00 pm »

It looks like it's the project to move the turnpike exit and add service roads. Utilities are being moved from the Aquarium Drive side now.

I drove past, Elliot is pulling underground cable.  It could be any number of things, but the only thing OTA shows is a bid opening for June 9 for Elm St. improvements.  Seems like any utility work would be jumping the gun.

Simon could have rented the earth movers and bulldozers just to give Clay Bird night sweats.  Shocked

Do we really want the mayor’s office and his associates to jump through hoops to attract a developer which conducts itself in such a mysterious and deceiving manner?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 02:35:32 pm by Conan71 » Logged

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #629 on: June 03, 2015, 02:49:24 pm »

I drove past, Elliot is pulling underground cable.  It could be any number of things, but the only thing OTA shows is a bid opening for June 9 for Elm St. improvements.  Seems like any utility work would be jumping the gun.

Simon could have rented the earth movers and bulldozers just to give Clay Bird night sweats.  Shocked

Do we really want the mayor’s office and his associates to jump through hoops to attract a developer which conducts itself in such a mysterious and deceiving manner?

The Elm St improvement would be the moving of the exit. Would a bidder be so confident of the outcome to park earth movers? They were still there this morning.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 57   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org