A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:12:51 pm
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 57   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Simon Outlet Mall 61st & Hwy 75  (Read 450451 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #465 on: March 10, 2015, 09:43:43 pm »

Turkey Mountain dies in the end.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
TeeDub
« Reply #466 on: March 11, 2015, 09:20:09 am »

You should have posted "Spoiler Alert."    Now the whole thing is ruined for me.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #467 on: March 11, 2015, 10:42:13 am »

You mean homes where people might be living? Give us a picture of your house so we can critique its appearance smart guy.

He is being generic - all additions are treeless, cookie-cutter, bu$$ ugly places - except for just the tiniest number who actually have some design involved.

The criteria - if there is a driveway and a garage door at the front of the house, with said garage door being an integral part of the lack of design effort, then THAT is the type housing addition one lives in - cookie cutter ugly.  We looked at houses in Chimney Hills several times many years ago and thought some of them were slightly less ugly than most, but they all still had the garage door as main architectural element.  The realtor was AMAZING!!!  She happened to live in the area and was active in the HOA, and was more than just a little bit snooty about how much better Chimney Hills was than most additions for various reasons, including design!!  I have a couple architects and one architectural engineer in the family, and so have absorbed at least an inkling of what actually constitutes good residential design, so I told her the garage door reality.  The expressions were priceless - I wish I would have had a camera!!

We now live in a neighborhood where people are content with their "treeless cookie-cutter" houses, because they planted trees to hide the generic.  And no one has delusions of grandeur.... nice little area surrounded by good friendly people for the vast majority.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #468 on: March 11, 2015, 10:53:27 am »

You mean homes where people might be living? Give us a picture of your house so we can critique its appearance smart guy.

This doesnt show it all,
or may not be to scale,
or remotely accurate, but

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #469 on: March 11, 2015, 10:56:27 am »

This doesnt show it all,
or may not be to scale,
or remotely accurate, but

I saw that on the show!!  Brilliant!!  I want a margarita swimming pool...!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #470 on: March 11, 2015, 01:40:03 pm »

You should have posted "Spoiler Alert."    Now the whole thing is ruined for me.

You win the internets today. As always, collect your trophy from Al Gore--founder and leader of the internet.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #471 on: March 12, 2015, 08:54:32 am »

Well Turkey Mountain has gotten a 30 day reprieve.  Simon has asked for a continuance of their zoning hearing to April 15.  Not really a surprise.  Word around the campfire is it might even be delayed longer.  There are many moving parts in this project.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
rebound
City Father

« Reply #472 on: March 12, 2015, 08:59:30 am »

BB is just being an activist. We need more of that around here.  Tongue

Troll level to 12...  Smiley

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #473 on: March 12, 2015, 09:58:49 am »

You win the internets today. As always, collect your trophy from Al Gore--founder and leader of the internet.

It's kind of a shame you are always in "Twitter" mode...sound byte mode for older folks.  But with your statement about Gore, maybe there is a glimmer for you, if you could just read a few more words at one time....

Here is Al's quote;

I'll be offering my vision when my campaign begins. And it will be comprehensive and sweeping. And I hope that it will be compelling enough to draw people toward it. I feel that it will be. But it will emerge from my dialogue with the American people. I've traveled to every part of this country during the last six years. During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a whole range of initiatives that have proven to be important to our country's economic growth and environmental protection, improvements in our educational system.

I know you want that to mean what Rupert and Friends have programmed you with - framing this as a claim that he personally believed he invented the internet - which is exactly NOT what he said.

His actual words have been widely affirmed by the main guys involved in the implementation of the idea - Vint Cerf and Bob Kahn - guys in the geek/tech world who are acknowledged as 'Fathers' of the webz.  Kahn's literal statement about it, "No one in public life has been more intellectually engaged in helping to create the climate for a thriving Internet than the Vice President."  (VP referring to Al Gore, of course.)

Maybe THAT is the problem - the word 'intellectually' that Kahn used - Rupert and Friends just can't wrap their minds around that concept - of intellect!!

Here's a little history for those interested in a high level view of development of the interwebz...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Gore_and_information_technology

AdamsHall
Civic Leader

« Reply #474 on: March 12, 2015, 10:16:28 am »

... sorry to contribute to the thread drift, but the Gore discussion reminded me of my favorite political ad ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vepcauRpinA
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #475 on: March 12, 2015, 10:36:06 am »

So did Gore count Narwhals and polar bears the same day in the same spot?
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #476 on: March 12, 2015, 10:42:20 am »

It's already a done deal...maybe we should just schedule a TNF wake for Turkey Mountain.  Progress for the sake of progress will ensue no matter what.

Previous posters have complained about us getting to pay for the infrastructure improvements for that mess.  I second their thoughts.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #477 on: March 12, 2015, 12:20:33 pm »

It's already a done deal..

Far from it.  I’d hate for someone just now tuning in to this thread to think it was a done deal.  It’s nowhere close.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #478 on: March 12, 2015, 12:23:28 pm »

It sounds like they're asking for a cooling off period. Hard to keep the anti momentum going with spring break, end of school, vacations, festivals etc. Watch out for the sucker punch!

onward...through the fog
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #479 on: March 12, 2015, 12:54:58 pm »

Far from it.  I’d hate for someone just now tuning in to this thread to think it was a done deal.  It’s nowhere close.

I suspect there will be lots of commotion, moaning, groaning, and wailing and maybe even some flagellation.  And then it will go through.  Or if we are lucky, Simon will get reach the point they feel the bad publicity can't outweigh the expected benefit.  Then it will stop - for that location.

I have never been to the outlet mall in OKC - that kind of thing never impinges on my consciousness, but have been asking around of all the circle of friends/family and was somewhat surprised at how many of them make at least annual pilgrimages to OKC to attend the mall services (sales, etc).  Some go more than once a year.  And all of them are excited about the shopping there, so my apathy has changed somewhat to a mild enthusiasm for the idea.  Would much rather see a very different location, though so we don't have to spend a ton of money on intersection improvements there.  There has to be an already improved intersection in the metro area somewhere.... 

How about on the north side of the street across from Eastland!!

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 57   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org