A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:18:29 am
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 57   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Simon Outlet Mall 61st & Hwy 75  (Read 450347 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #285 on: February 09, 2015, 08:42:38 am »

They sell those in stores.... I bet that at any given time, there are at least dozens for sale in various stores across the city...!!

Sorry....early Mon morning, and I just couldn't resist...

Tom’s Bicycles at 71st & Riverside rents mountain bikes, current top line stuff.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #286 on: February 09, 2015, 09:50:46 am »

Tom’s Bicycles at 71st & Riverside rents mountain bikes, current top line stuff.

Yeah...renting, too!  Never would have considered that, since I would only buy one if was gonna ride one, but that works too!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #287 on: February 09, 2015, 11:52:20 am »

REI may rent or at least demo bikes too, and where they're going is perfectly situated for both mountain bikes on Turkey and road bikes for the river trails.  Maybe someday kayaks in the river...

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #288 on: February 09, 2015, 12:36:28 pm »

REI may rent or at least demo bikes too, and where they're going is perfectly situated for both mountain bikes on Turkey and road bikes for the river trails.  Maybe someday kayaks in the river...

Maybe instead of trying to make the river into something it isn't, we should play to the strengths.... sand kayaks.  Kinda like a snowmobile....or dune buggies - sand dune sports.  After every rain, features change and it becomes 'new' again.

Sand-yakkin'.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #289 on: February 09, 2015, 02:17:25 pm »

I should open a hover boat rental business on the river.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #290 on: February 09, 2015, 02:52:15 pm »

I should open a hover boat rental business on the river.

That would be fun!  In fact, that is brilliant!!  I could see renting one sometime - let me know when you get it going!  Just gotta avoid the old oil well equipment in the river bed - it might snag the air bag!

« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 02:54:09 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #291 on: February 09, 2015, 03:00:29 pm »

Here’s a competing vision for the property which is an infinitely better use of it.  It would take advantage of the existing acreage which was cleared a couple of years ago with more parking including better horse trailer parking, new trailhead, visitor center, etc.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #292 on: February 09, 2015, 04:11:39 pm »

Here’s a competing vision for the property which is an infinitely better use of it.  It would take advantage of the existing acreage which was cleared a couple of years ago with more parking including better horse trailer parking, new trailhead, visitor center, etc.

What is that, an office building?  Much better indeed.  Any chance the city says no to a TIF here?

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #293 on: February 09, 2015, 04:18:05 pm »

What is that, an office building?  Much better indeed.  Any chance the city says no to a TIF here?

It’s a rough rendering, idea is a community/visitor center with some facilities.  With the rich history on and around Turkey Mountain it might be a cool place for west Tulsa history exhibits.

The councilors are being made aware this is not a popular development, so we will see what happens.  Simon submitted their application to INCOG (I would assume a PUD) but details are not posted on line as of yet.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #294 on: February 09, 2015, 04:42:44 pm »

Here’s a competing vision for the property which is an infinitely better use of it.  It would take advantage of the existing acreage which was cleared a couple of years ago with more parking including better horse trailer parking, new trailhead, visitor center, etc.

Just pay the landowner about a million a year in rent for the next 50 years and you can do it.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #295 on: February 09, 2015, 05:30:04 pm »

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #296 on: February 09, 2015, 07:54:23 pm »

Just pay the landowner about a million a year in rent for the next 50 years and you can do it.

No need.  $3.2 mil was the listed asking price. 

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #297 on: February 09, 2015, 08:14:40 pm »

I do not understand why Simon just doesn't follow the terrific business and development advice from people having zero ownership interest in the property but boatloads of self-interest in wanting Simon the hell away from TM.  Grin

Anyway, while I am a firm believer in private property rights and find this concerted effort to interfere by persons with zero direct skin in the game with a development that will yield tax receipts and jobs for Tulsans selfish, I also empathize with the cause. I am speaking to those few in here that understand the actual benefits from TM.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 08:25:16 pm by guido911 » Logged

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #298 on: February 09, 2015, 08:23:56 pm »

I would like to know from cynical what the likelihood of an eminent domain lawsuit (or similar COA) would be if Simon is prohibited by government from developing their land as they want. Also, what the ballpark for attorneys fees and damages would be.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 08:28:09 pm by guido911 » Logged

ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #299 on: February 09, 2015, 09:12:42 pm »

I do not understand why Simon just doesn't follow the terrific business and development advice from people having zero ownership interest in the property but boatloads of self-interest in wanting Simon the hell away from TM.  Grin

Anyway, while I am a firm believer in private property rights and find this concerted effort to interfere by persons with zero direct skin in the game with a development that will yield tax receipts and jobs for Tulsans selfish, I also empathize with the cause. I am speaking to those few in here that understand the actual benefits from TM.

It's not all self-interest. It is recognizing the asset that Turkey Mountain is to the people of Tulsa. I've still yet to speak face to face with one person who supports this development. If you've never been, I encourage you to check TM out some time. It's the most diverse crowd I've seen anywhere in Tulsa, not just a bunch of mountain bikers trying to make it their private training grounds.

I hope that the city will support the interests of the people of Tulsa over business interests. However, I don't know how far the city can legally go.

What, in your opinion, are the "actual benefits" of Turkey Mountain? I see it as one of the most important parts of the city. It separates us from other mid size cities, and gives people from out of town something to remember us by. To pave over one of Tulsa's most defining characteristics with anything, much less something as bland as an outlet mall, would be a gross mistake.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 57   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org