A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:44:17 am
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 57   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Simon Outlet Mall 61st & Hwy 75  (Read 450374 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #165 on: September 10, 2014, 09:39:39 pm »

I wonder why Simon is already breaking ground for the outlet mall at 61st & Hwy 75 then?   Grin

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #166 on: September 15, 2014, 07:33:31 am »

I drove 61st yesterday at the 75 access and Conan is right...this intersection can't handle much additional traffic in its current state. The 90 degree turn from 61st to Elwood is already dangerous enough without mixing bargain hunters and trail users. If the outlet mall does take over this plot major infrastructure improvements are needed.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #167 on: September 15, 2014, 10:23:51 am »

My money would be on the Cherokee version to have the best chance of success.  Good location for Joplin-NWA shoppers and there is likely to be some significant overlap between gamblers, fans of aging rock groups, and outlet shoppers.  My biggest fear now is that one will succeed and the other two will be creepy ghost towns.
rebound
City Father

« Reply #168 on: September 15, 2014, 10:44:20 am »

My money would be on the Cherokee version to have the best chance of success.  Good location for Joplin-NWA shoppers and there is likely to be some significant overlap between gamblers, fans of aging rock groups, and outlet shoppers.  My biggest fear now is that one will succeed and the other two will be creepy ghost towns.

Kind of off topic, so I apologize, but it's a bit upsetting that the Cherokee's plan includes ripping up part of the golf course.  I realize it doesn't get the acclaim it once did, but that golf course is Perry Maxwell design from 1924.  Maxwell was a partner with Alister MacKenzie, one of the most famous golf course architects of all time, and designer of Augusta National.   Maxwell also did Southern Hills and Mohawk Park.   The Hard Rock course (ne'e Indian Hills Country Club) has an amazing pedigree, is a classic layout, and if cleaned up and restored would  be a great destination course.  Too bad the Cherokee's don't see the value in keeping the course alive.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #169 on: September 15, 2014, 11:38:41 am »

Too bad the Cherokee's don't see the value in keeping the course alive.

Welcome to the world of vanishing airports. 

bacjz00
Civic Leader

« Reply #170 on: September 15, 2014, 11:57:46 am »

From what I read, they are relocating/redesigning 6 holes of the course.

I don't think they have any intention of getting rid of it.

rebound
City Father

« Reply #171 on: September 15, 2014, 12:02:50 pm »

From what I read, they are relocating/redesigning 6 holes of the course.

I don't think they have any intention of getting rid of it.

I saw that.  But it doesn't really do much good to say "2/3 thirds of this course is a classic Perry Maxwell design". 

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #172 on: September 15, 2014, 12:09:07 pm »

Kind of off topic, so I apologize, but it's a bit upsetting that the Cherokee's plan includes ripping up part of the golf course.  I realize it doesn't get the acclaim it once did, but that golf course is Perry Maxwell design from 1924.  Maxwell was a partner with Alister MacKenzie, one of the most famous golf course architects of all time, and designer of Augusta National.   Maxwell also did Southern Hills and Mohawk Park.   The Hard Rock course (ne'e Indian Hills Country Club) has an amazing pedigree, is a classic layout, and if cleaned up and restored would  be a great destination course.  Too bad the Cherokee's don't see the value in keeping the course alive.

Meh! from the ground. They all look the same. But then again. I don't Golf.  Roll Eyes

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
dioscorides
Civic Leader

« Reply #173 on: October 20, 2014, 10:07:29 am »

Another outlet mall planned for east Tulsa

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/another-outlet-mall-planned-for-east-tulsa/article_c9075f67-f23e-5f91-9f87-45af3bb0373e.html

BY LAURIE WINSLOW World Business Writer

Horizon Group Properties announced it will go ahead with plans to build an upscale, deco-style mall in east Tulsa.

Details of the outlet mall will be unveiled during a press conference Wednesday at Tulsa City Hall.

Michigan-based Horizon Group Properties is the developer of the Shoppes at OKC as well as 11 retail developments throughout the United States.

The future retail development will feature 90 stores and will open in 2017. In addition to the outlet mall, the plan includes 355,000 square foot of gross leasable land for restaurants, hotels and additional retail operations development.

The Horizon announcement follows recent plans by the Cherokee Nation to build an east Tulsa outlet mall and by Simon Properties to build one in west Tulsa.

There is an ancient Celtic axiom that says 'Good people drink good beer.' Which is true, then as now. Just look around you in any public barroom and you will quickly see: bad people drink bad beer. Think about it. - Hunter S. Thompson
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #174 on: October 20, 2014, 10:12:53 am »

I thought this latest one was actually the first announced?  Same group as the OKC mall.  I remember something about that a long time ago.  Or am I taking crazy pills.
dioscorides
Civic Leader

« Reply #175 on: October 20, 2014, 10:18:23 am »

I thought this latest one was actually the first announced?  Same group as the OKC mall.  I remember something about that a long time ago.  Or am I taking crazy pills.

You are correct.  This is the first one.  I guess they are just confirming that they are still going forward.

There is an ancient Celtic axiom that says 'Good people drink good beer.' Which is true, then as now. Just look around you in any public barroom and you will quickly see: bad people drink bad beer. Think about it. - Hunter S. Thompson
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #176 on: October 20, 2014, 11:01:40 am »

You are correct.  This is the first one.  I guess they are just confirming that they are still going forward.

I know Simon had sent their PUD paperwork to INCOG two weeks ago, but still interested to see if it moves forward with the competition in east Tulsa.

Of greater interest is the developer of the Cherokee project considers Simon to be a development partner on other projects.  Kind of an odd way to treat a partner.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #177 on: October 20, 2014, 11:24:41 am »

I know Simon had sent their PUD paperwork to INCOG two weeks ago, but still interested to see if it moves forward with the competition in east Tulsa.

Of greater interest is the developer of the Cherokee project considers Simon to be a development partner on other projects.  Kind of an odd way to treat a partner.

As I recall the Horizon group was asking for a TIF.  There is no mention of this in the article and I wonder if they've dropped that condition in order to move the project forward more quickly. 

It looks like a 3-way race to see who can line up enough tenant commitments to justify breaking ground.  I can't see all 3 getting built (especially given the proximity of the Horizon project to the Cherokee project) and realistically only 1 will likely happen.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #178 on: October 20, 2014, 12:03:45 pm »

I'm guessing one will go forward and end up as a Life Church.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #179 on: December 05, 2014, 01:16:22 pm »

An Official Announcement Is Made on a Planned Outlet Mall in West Tulsa

http://publicradiotulsa.org/post/official-announcement-made-planned-outlet-mall-west-tulsa

Developers of one of the three outlet malls planned for Tulsa announce some details. Tulsa Premium Outlets is the only one of the three being built on the west side, at Highway 75 and 61st Street. Simon, the developer of Woodland Hills Mall, is behind this project. Company Exec Mark Silvestri says shops will be up-scale, but he isn’t ready to name any prospects yet. The 400-thousand square foot shopping mall will be built in two phases.

There are two other outlet malls being planned for East Tulsa. Most observers believe there may be opportunity for two outlet malls in the Tulsa area, but not three.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 57   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org