A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:47:49 am
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: One less QT today  (Read 96899 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #270 on: March 16, 2015, 05:02:32 pm »

Congratulations Hoss. THIS is who's side you are now on. And also congrats on becoming the left's "sauerkraut" in this forum.

I just love it that I irritate you THAT much.

If you think I'm really concerned of what your opinion of me is (or anyone's opinion for that matter) I think you might have me mistaken with someone else.  I know enough people on this forum I've met in person to know who values my opinion.  I know many on this forum who think you're a joke.

How's that for ya, Judge Stone?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #271 on: March 16, 2015, 05:35:14 pm »

I just love it that I irritate you THAT much.

Yep. You are my little hemorrhoid.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #272 on: March 16, 2015, 05:39:41 pm »

Now, children!!  

Can't we all just get along...??

lol...lol... I make myself laugh.... again.

And if someone doesn't get the reference (both of them) - I don't wanna know - it just means they are too young, making me too old!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #273 on: March 16, 2015, 09:46:29 pm »

The DA also said Williams had been demonstrating earlier that night.

No, no, no. The shooter must be a calculated asassin who snuck up on unsuspecting cops standing shoulder-to-shoulder with a hundred other cops in riot gear.  It cant be some thug who got dissed and decided to drive-by his ho while she was protesting at the police station, because that wouldnt justify us (check all boxes that apply): 

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #274 on: March 17, 2015, 07:56:52 am »

No, no, no. The shooter must be a calculated asassin who snuck up on unsuspecting cops standing shoulder-to-shoulder with a hundred other cops in riot gear.  It cant be some thug who got dissed and decided to drive-by his ho while she was protesting at the police station, because that wouldnt justify us (check all boxes that apply):  

Don't matter what his motivation is - or whether he shot cops or protestors or some random person sitting in a building two blocks away.  Attempted murder.

Where do they come up with the whole concept of "assault".  That is such a cream corn crock of crap!  If you pick up a gun, point it in the direction of a person or people, pull the trigger, you are intending to kill someone!  It is not assault - it is attempted murder. 

« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 08:00:27 am by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #275 on: March 18, 2015, 12:57:47 am »

Hold everything. The cop shooter is now claiming his confession was brought about by duress and force. So I guess he didn't shoot anybody now.

http://news.yahoo.com/ferguson-shooting-suspect-gave-false-confession-lawyer-says-230410789.html

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #276 on: March 18, 2015, 11:57:59 am »

Are we certain this was not a suicide by cop?

Maybe a  domestic argument like the two cops that shot each other in Florida last year?
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #277 on: March 18, 2015, 05:35:22 pm »

Hold everything. The cop shooter is now claiming his confession was brought about by duress and force. So I guess he didn't shoot anybody now.

And we already know where you stand on the validity of confessions obtained through torture.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #278 on: March 18, 2015, 05:55:31 pm »

Are we certain this was not a suicide by cop?

Maybe a  domestic argument like the two cops that shot each other in Florida last year?

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #279 on: March 18, 2015, 05:56:23 pm »

And we already know where you stand on the validity of confessions obtained through torture.

I know. The bishop he also confessed to probably beat the smile out of him--just like the cops did.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #280 on: March 20, 2015, 12:38:36 pm »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2015/03/20/jon-stewart-calls-out-fox-news-for-a-double-standard-in-covering-ferguson-and-benghazi/

"They demand accountability for anger and divisiveness whilst holding themselves entirely unaccountable for their anger and divisiveness," he said. "For two years, they used Benghazi as shorthand, as a symbol for the whole concept of a corrupt, lying, tyrannical, possible murderous Obama White House, kind of like other people used 'hands up, don't shoot' as a symbol for systemic racism, and there's only really one difference between the two phenomenon: systemic racism actually exists."

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/faezep/mighty-morphin-position-changers

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #281 on: March 21, 2015, 04:51:19 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/ferguson-shooting-suspect-gave-false-confession-lawyer-says-230410789.html

I guess you dont read the links you post.

On Tuesday, a department spokesman again called the accusations “completely false” without offering any potential explanation for apparent marks in Williams’ booking photograph.
Yahoo News requested the booking sheet for when Williams arrived at the jail. It often lists charges, arrest details, next of kin, arrival time and other information. On Monday, a jail employee said the document wasn’t releasable in the Williams case. When pressed for an explanation, the jail employee said it would be made available shortly. As of late Tuesday afternoon, it had not been sent.

Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #282 on: August 09, 2015, 05:00:53 pm »

Two photojournalists arrested covering the protests in Ferguson last year, including one who photographed the infamous “Officer Go F uck Yourself,” agreed to settlements in which their cases will be dropped and their records expunged.
But only one will receive financial remedies.

Trey Yingst, who was arrested on November 22 – a day after a judge issued an order forbidding cops from arresting journalists – will receive an $8,500 settlement from St. Louis County.

And Bilgin Sasmaz, who was arrested after photographing St. Ann police officer Ray Albers, the cop who became a viral sensation after pointing his assault rifle at a group of journalists, telling them, “I will f cking kill you,” did not receive any financial compensation despite spending the night in jail and having his camera broken.

“These cases were negotiated separately and the settlements reflect the deals that the respective client agreed to,” said Diane K. Balogh, communications director of the ACLU of Missouri, who represented both journalists.

Meanwhile, Albers, who was forced to resign after the incident, is still a certified law enforcement officer in Missouri and can be employed by any of the many police agencies in the state.

According to state documents, Albers broke several laws that night, including assault, harassment, unlawful use of a weapon and disturbing the peace, charges that would have many of us facing jail time.

But the lieutenant also refused to identify himself when asked, telling protesters and journalists his name was Officer Go F ck Yourself, a name that instantly stuck, even though it cost him his job.
But the worst the 20-year veteran appears to be facing is losing his law enforcement license, which means he can still find work as a cop in other states.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 05:12:44 pm by Vashta Nerada » Logged
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #283 on: August 10, 2015, 07:01:27 pm »

A Washington Post reporter who was arrested at a restaurant last year while reporting on protests in Ferguson, Mo., has been charged in St. Louis County with trespassing and interfering with a police officer and ordered to appear in court.

Wesley Lowery, a reporter on The Post’s national desk, was detained in a McDonald’s while he was in Missouri covering demonstrations sparked by a white police officer fatally shooting an unarmed black 18-year-old.

A court summons dated Aug. 6 — just under a year after Lowery’s arrest — was sent to Lowery, 25, ordering him to appear in a St. Louis County municipal court on Aug. 24. The summons notes that he could be arrested if he does not appear.

“Charging a reporter with trespassing and interfering with a police officer when he was just doing his job is outrageous,” Martin Baron, executive editor of The Post, said in a statement Monday. “You’d have thought law enforcement authorities would have come to their senses about this incident. Wes Lowery should never have been arrested in the first place. That was an abuse of police authority.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2015/08/10/washington-post-reporter-charged-with-trespassing-interfering-with-a-police-officer/?tid=sm_tw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8_X2KW5wH4

Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #284 on: August 11, 2015, 06:16:31 pm »

Shot in the back

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org