A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:08:32 am
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: One less QT today  (Read 99251 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #195 on: November 26, 2014, 10:54:38 pm »

Why would they need to?  Didnt they know the outcome of the grand jury the minute they knew who the prosecutor was?

There's no prejudice in your family, you have it all.
 Sad

Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #196 on: November 28, 2014, 11:03:26 am »

I will call the local authorities up there and let them know they were a bit slow on getting the evidence YOU believe you are entitled. Feel better? And put the pipe down. If you have evidence of corruption, give it up. Otherwise, you are part of the problem in this society.

You are saying that not only did the Chief of Police -- who insisted Wilson didnt know about a robbery -- not only didnt hear the tapes, but never discussed it when he debriefed Wilson?

Altering the encoded info would be somewhere at the NSA level, and not the average person working for a police department. It's not that easy to pull a Nixon anymore.

When you consider the Feds involved -- Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Federal Protection Services, FBI, FAA, ATF, National Guard, etc. all provided either material, tactical, regulatory or technical support -- would that be such a stretch?

The NSA does routinely (and covertly) provide services to local police, just not directly (or on record).  Information gleaned from illegal wiretaps and text/mail analysis is handed down to agencies like the DEA, who then pass it on to local police on the condition of anonimity.

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2013/08/dea-and-nsa-team-intelligence-laundering

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #197 on: November 28, 2014, 12:57:39 pm »

You are saying that not only did the Chief of Police -- who insisted Wilson didnt know about a robbery -- not only didnt hear the tapes, but never discussed it when he debriefed Wilson?

When you consider the Feds involved -- Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Federal Protection Services, FBI, FAA, ATF, National Guard, etc. all provided either material, tactical, regulatory or technical support -- would that be such a stretch?

The NSA does routinely (and covertly) provide services to local police, just not directly (or on record).  Information gleaned from illegal wiretaps and text/mail analysis is handed down to agencies like the DEA, who then pass it on to local police on the condition of anonimity.

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2013/08/dea-and-nsa-team-intelligence-laundering

You really should take off the tin foil hat while using a microwave oven.

[/quote]
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 12:59:15 pm by dbacksfan 2.0 » Logged
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #198 on: November 29, 2014, 10:19:10 pm »

Pregnant woman loses eye after police shoot bean bag at her

Dornella Conners is now blind in her left eye after she and her boyfriend, De’Angelas Lee, stopped at a gas station in the 10,000 block of Halls Ferry in north St. Louis County early Tuesday morning. Conners says as she and her boyfriend were driving away from the station multiple police officers showed up.

“They pulled up while we were coming towards the street, De’Anglas was trying to get away, they blocked us from the side, front and back,” Conners said.
Conners says her boyfriend was trying to drive around St. Louis County Police but police claim he drove towards them. Police say the officer, fearing for his safety, shot at Conners, striking the passenger window causing it to shatter.

http://www.kmov.com/news/editors-pick/Pregnant-woman-loses-left-eye-during-protests--284108551.html
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #199 on: November 29, 2014, 11:30:29 pm »

Pregnant woman loses eye after police shoot bean bag at her

Dornella Conners is now blind in her left eye after she and her boyfriend, De’Angelas Lee, stopped at a gas station in the 10,000 block of Halls Ferry in north St. Louis County early Tuesday morning. Conners says as she and her boyfriend were driving away from the station multiple police officers showed up.

“They pulled up while we were coming towards the street, De’Anglas was trying to get away, they blocked us from the side, front and back,” Conners said.
Conners says her boyfriend was trying to drive around St. Louis County Police but police claim he drove towards them. Police say the officer, fearing for his safety, shot at Conners, striking the passenger window causing it to shatter.

http://www.kmov.com/news/editors-pick/Pregnant-woman-loses-left-eye-during-protests--284108551.html

So? What's your point. The officer fired a non-lethal weapon at a threat. Of course, the injured woman tells us she was just minding her business.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #200 on: November 30, 2014, 12:03:34 am »

Cousin Jimmy, who lives in Belleville, says he ran out of wood for the smoker so he ran down to the Ferguson Auto Zone to finish smoking the Thanksgiving turkey.  He reports it had sort of a windshield wiper after-taste.  

He sent me holiday gift certificates good at any store in Ferguson:

He’s so thoughtful!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #201 on: November 30, 2014, 05:44:14 pm »

Cousin Jimmy, who lives in Belleville, says he ran out of wood for the smoker so he ran down to the Ferguson Auto Zone to finish smoking the Thanksgiving turkey.  He reports it had sort of a windshield wiper after-taste.  

He’s so thoughtful!

Don't forget,  Berryman B-12 Chem Dip makes for good lighter fluid and a marinade for the daring.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #202 on: December 01, 2014, 01:58:00 pm »

Damn it, no good pre-made B-12 memes out there.  Sorry folks.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #203 on: December 01, 2014, 04:22:40 pm »

Aug. 9 until Nov. 14, anyone with knowledge of the case was saying 

Wilson did not know Brown was a suspect in a strong-arm robbery that happened moments before the shooting, according to Ferguson Police Chief Tom Jackson. Wilson stopped Brown and his friend for walking in the middle of the street, Jackson said.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/11/15/myths-and-facts-on-ferguson-shooting/19085451/

...until a recording appears out of thin air that completely re-writes the timeframe of the killing.
In more than 3 months time, did no one think to look at the radio tapes, or did it just take that long to engineer a new one?

There are plenty of problems with cops in this country - but not all the problems are cops in this country.  The bigger one that I don't see you, the media, or very much of anyone else address is why for every 1 or 2 or 3 cops killing blacks, there are hundreds of blacks killing blacks that don't have anything approaching the publicity.  Like in Chicago...that paragon of gun control.  Why is that do you think??

And while I am not the biggest Guiliani fan in the world - he gets it right from time to time...

http://nypost.com/2014/11/30/giuliani-to-holder-dont-make-federal-case-out-of-ferguson/

Looting....Because nothing says you care about a dead kid and the community more than stealing 50 pair of Air Jordans and then burning the store to the ground....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #204 on: December 01, 2014, 04:25:25 pm »

He’s so thoughtful!

Belleville ??   That's a long way from Ferguson....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #205 on: December 01, 2014, 04:51:30 pm »

^^^^

Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #206 on: December 02, 2014, 03:51:48 pm »

One for the "Being able to shoot people isnt enough" category:

St. Louis police angered by Rams' 'hands up, don't shoot' pose
http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/11/30/st-louis-rams-ferguson-protests

A lengthy statement from the St. Louis Police Officers Association condemned the actions of the players using the use 'hands up, don't shoot' pose in pregame.

"All week long, the Rams and the NFL were on the phone with the St. Louis Police Department asking for assurances that the players and the fans would be kept safe from the violent protesters who had rioted, looted, and burned buildings in Ferguson. Our officers have been working 12 hour shifts for over a week, they had days off including Thanksgiving cancelled so that they could defend this community from those on the streets that perpetuate this myth that Michael Brown was executed by a brother police officer and then, as the players and their fans sit safely in their dome under the watchful protection of hundreds of St. Louis's finest, they take to the turf to call a now-exonerated officer a murderer, that is way out-of-bounds, to put it in football parlance," Police Union spokesman Jeff Roorda said.

Roorda warned, "I know that there are those that will say that these players are simply exercising their First Amendment rights. Well I've got news for people who think that way, cops have first amendment rights too, and we plan to exercise ours! I'd remind the NFL and their players that it is not the violent thugs burning down buildings that buy their advertiser's products. It's cops and the good people of St. Louis and other NFL towns that do. Somebody needs to throw a flag on this play. If it's not the NFL and the Rams, then it'll be cops and their supporters."

The union's thinly veiled threat was followed by demands the players be punished for exercising their First Amendment rights:

The St. Louis Police Officers' Association said it was "profoundly disappointed" with what it called a "display that police officers around the nation found tasteless, offensive and inflammatory." It called for the players involved to be disciplined and for both the league and team to issue a "very public apology."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/12/01/st-louis-police-group-demands-punishment-for-rams-players-in-ferguson-protest/

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #207 on: December 02, 2014, 04:27:51 pm »

One for the "Being able to shoot people isnt enough" category:

St. Louis police angered by Rams' 'hands up, don't shoot' pose
http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/11/30/st-louis-rams-ferguson-protests

A lengthy statement from the St. Louis Police Officers Association condemned the actions of the players using the use 'hands up, don't shoot' pose in pregame.

"All week long, the Rams and the NFL were on the phone with the St. Louis Police Department asking for assurances that the players and the fans would be kept safe from the violent protesters who had rioted, looted, and burned buildings in Ferguson. Our officers have been working 12 hour shifts for over a week, they had days off including Thanksgiving cancelled so that they could defend this community from those on the streets that perpetuate this myth that Michael Brown was executed by a brother police officer and then, as the players and their fans sit safely in their dome under the watchful protection of hundreds of St. Louis's finest, they take to the turf to call a now-exonerated officer a murderer, that is way out-of-bounds, to put it in football parlance," Police Union spokesman Jeff Roorda said.

Roorda warned, "I know that there are those that will say that these players are simply exercising their First Amendment rights. Well I've got news for people who think that way, cops have first amendment rights too, and we plan to exercise ours! I'd remind the NFL and their players that it is not the violent thugs burning down buildings that buy their advertiser's products. It's cops and the good people of St. Louis and other NFL towns that do. Somebody needs to throw a flag on this play. If it's not the NFL and the Rams, then it'll be cops and their supporters."

The union's thinly veiled threat was followed by demands the players be punished for exercising their First Amendment rights:

The St. Louis Police Officers' Association said it was "profoundly disappointed" with what it called a "display that police officers around the nation found tasteless, offensive and inflammatory." It called for the players involved to be disciplined and for both the league and team to issue a "very public apology."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/12/01/st-louis-police-group-demands-punishment-for-rams-players-in-ferguson-protest/

So...The police do not get first amendment rights to complain then? And is anyone else freakin sick to death of the "hand up, don't shoot" LIE. The grand jury, which was multi-ethnic, necessarily found that to be BS.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #208 on: December 02, 2014, 04:28:58 pm »

So...The police do not get first amendment rights to complain then? And is anyone else freakin sick to death of the "hand up, don't shoot" LIE. The grand jury, which was multi-ethnic, necessarily found that to be BS.

Reality and facts are like kryptonite to these people, Gweed.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #209 on: December 02, 2014, 06:35:29 pm »

Reality and facts are like kryptonite to these people, Gweed.
Not really. . .and the media is happy to participate too. It's a battle to be relevant.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org