A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:27:49 am
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: One less QT today  (Read 99678 times)
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2014, 03:50:27 am »

Just curious, have any of you noticed that before the QT location became "ground zero" for everything, that QT has removed all identification of the store? All the signage from the canopy, the store front, and the pumps has been removed? I don't think they are trying to hide anything, but, are they are just trying to distance themselves from the events since they were not directly involved? This is not a derogatory statement about them, just a curiosity thing. Most people in the US would not know QT from any other convenience store.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2014, 06:53:48 am »

Just curious, have any of you noticed that before the QT location became "ground zero" for everything, that QT has removed all identification of the store? All the signage from the canopy, the store front, and the pumps has been removed? I don't think they are trying to hide anything, but, are they are just trying to distance themselves from the events since they were not directly involved? This is not a derogatory statement about them, just a curiosity thing. Most people in the US would not know QT from any other convenience store.

If it were mine, that's the first thing I would do, too.  Would not want my corporate image associated with burned out hulk.  They do that same thing on intact buildings they move out of.  The signage is usually gone before all the stuff is out of the store.  61st & 145th.  81st and 129th when they moved out of them.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2014, 11:29:00 am »

Being a crime scene, I wonder who would allow that sort of tampering?

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2014, 03:59:04 pm »

I think they pretty much have their hands full with more pressing issues. QT doesn't want their name identified with crime, riots, looting etc and made the right pr move.

onward...through the fog
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2014, 09:01:07 pm »

Being a crime scene, I wonder who would allow that sort of tampering?

Removing signage wouldn’t be tampering.  They have a right to deal with their property as they see fit after the officials have moved on.  It’s no longer a crime scene after the investigators have left.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2014, 08:42:34 am »

Why Ferguson Looks So Much Like Iraq
http://time.com/3111455/ferguson-missouri-michael-brown-iraq

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2014, 01:16:36 pm »

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2014, 06:41:14 pm »

Why Ferguson Looks So Much Like Iraq

So, where are all the videos of the confrontation??    There were many starting 3 minutes later....no way on this planet that there aren't several.  Any time a police car rides into that neighborhood - its a hotbed of crips and bloods, all along that main street - the cameras come out and filming starts!   It is becoming more and more suspicious that these are not forthcoming.  We see from the convenience store video that he is at least a criminal in training....  Why no videos of the event??

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2014, 07:08:10 pm »

It’s “The Iraq”

I wonder how many lines of coke she’s snorted off....eh never mind.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtkX3OyPF4Q[/youtube]

Sorry, YT links won’t post direct anymore.  Admin? Any help?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 07:14:23 pm by Conan71 » Logged

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2014, 07:12:07 pm »

It’s “The Iraq”

I wonder how many lines of coke she’s snorted off....eh never mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtkX3OyPF4Q

Sorry, YT links won’t post direct anymore.  Admin? Any help?

Drop the "s" from https.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2014, 07:14:35 pm »

Drop the "s" from https.

Brilliant!!!

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2014, 08:58:59 pm »

Brilliant!!!

I can't help but see someone type that and think of these commercials.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBh895KdXAU[/youtube]

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #72 on: August 17, 2014, 09:16:05 pm »

Well, the 'crips' and 'bloods'....er, uh..."protestors"....are out again tonight after curfew.    

The real, law abiding protestors have been obeying the law and leaving at curfew - it's the gangs that are left at night - watch for the red and dark blue t-shirts...I have spotted quite a few on the CNN news feed - more red obvious than blue.   Jesse Jackson just said it's not the people of Ferguson....it's outsiders.  Yeah, there are a lot of outsiders - plus the local gangs.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2014, 06:05:07 am »

So, where are all the videos of the confrontation??    There were many starting 3 minutes later....no way on this planet that there aren't several.  Any time a police car rides into that neighborhood - its a hotbed of crips and bloods, all along that main street - the cameras come out and filming starts!   It is becoming more and more suspicious that these are not forthcoming.  We see from the convenience store video that he is at least a criminal in training....  Why no videos of the event??

More of it is coming out.  Apparently there was video after the event that was posted to social media by onlookers.
http://www.ijreview.com/2014/08/168698-eyewitness-recalls-important-detail-background-video-mins-ferguson-shooting/
It inadvertently adds confirmation to the officer's account.  I would assume there would be quite a bit more "crowd video coverage" emerging.

Prelim autopsy info coming out too that corroborates the officer's story, and discounts the account that he was "shot in the back as he was fleeing with his hands up".
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/08/18/us/michael-brown-autopsy-shows-he-was-shot-at-least-6-times.html?_r=2&referrer=

Again. . .none of this will matter.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 06:35:38 am by Gaspar » Logged

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2014, 07:40:17 am »

So, with all the shots coming from the front, that little punk that was with him robbing the convenience store and talking to the cameras has been shown to be totally lies.

This sounds suspiciously like the account the other cop at the scene gave....from a different standpoint....

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ijreview.com%2F2014%2F08%2F168698-eyewitness-recalls-important-detail-background-video-mins-ferguson-shooting%2F&h=QAQHo9jYx

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org