A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:27:52 am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: One less QT today  (Read 99311 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2014, 04:47:41 pm »

Um, can we wait to find out what happened before we are all outraged?

Unfortunately, the people who do that are also being shot at and rounded up.

Video: http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/local/2014/08/14/crews-hit-with-bean-bags-tear-gas/14042747/

FERGUSON, Mo. – As police broke up protests in Ferguson late Wednesday night, they also turned their tactics on local and national television news crews.

Two KSDK-TV photojournalists and reporter Elizabeth Matthews were filing a story about the cancellation of school in the Ferguson-Florissant school district. Matthews said they reported from a Ferguson neighborhood just outside a perimeter established by police. The crew was working out of a SUV and a larger "live" van. At least one other TV crew from Al Jazeera America was also in the neighborhood working from a mini-van.

Shortly after 9 p.m., police in riot gear began dispersing demonstrators about a quarter of a mile from the crew's location. Matthews said as protesters fled the area they ran through the neighborhood about two or three at a time for a total of no more than 20.

One of the photojournalists walked to the intersection of Highmont and West Florissant where he documented what appeared to be an altercation between police and an individual they were detaining along West Florissant. About 15 seconds into his video recording, bright lights can be seen shining at his position. Approximately 30 seconds later, as he continues to record video the sound of an air rifle firing can be heard followed by a "thud."

According to the 23-year veteran of television news, a "bean bag round" hit his camera equipment, and he retreated back to his original position on Highmont.

Both photojournalists and Matthews say police never told them to leave the area prior to this incident.

Approximately five to 10 minutes later, video recorded by the other photojournalist shows police at the intersection of Highmont and West Florissant fire what appears to be tear gas at the Al Jazeera America crew station nearby. The crew of three people is set up with television lights and a camera in front of their mini-van. The video shows the apparent tear gas billowing smoke directly in front of them. The KSDK crew says the canister hit the Al Jazeera America van.

The KSDK crew says the Al Jazeera America crew was yelling, "We're the press." The Al Jazeera America crew can be seen running away from the van on video. Then two police officers can be seen taking down the crew's television lights and tilting the TV camera toward the ground.

From there, the KSDK crew says police approached them with "guns drawn." Matthews says she and one photojournalist were in the SUV with their hands up and the third member of their crew got down on his knees in front of the SUV and raised his hand – telling police he was with the press.

Matthews says police told them they received a call that members of the media were in danger and in need of assistance. All three members of the KSDK crew say they were never in danger and never asked for assistance.

At this point, the video shows still photographers gathered around the KSDK crew. Police tell the journalists to follow them out of the neighborhood when one person is heard saying "We're OK here." Another voice says "We don't want you here. Somebody's going to get hurt. We don't want to see you guys get hurt."

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2014, 05:18:14 pm »

More of the Obama vacay "outrage". I guess RM is one of those screaming at Obama for jerking around while Ferguson burns. Amirite?

https://twitter.com/elliosch/status/499886630522851329/photo/1

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2014, 05:20:28 pm »

Here comes the "Trayvonning"...

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/08/breaking-michael-brown-was-a-local-gangster-seen-flashing-gang-signs/

I visit this site, but this stuff has got to calm down. Everyone needs to calm down.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2014, 06:03:07 pm »

Man this is not helpful.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/nba-star-calls-al-sharpton-a-coon-for-stepping-into-ferguson/

davideinstein
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2014, 06:10:17 pm »

Random guy was protesting at 41st and Peoria today with a "No Justice, No Peace" sign. I honked.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2014, 06:11:25 pm »

Since when is flipping off a camera a gang sign.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2014, 06:14:33 pm »

Since when is flipping off a camera a gang sign.

Since I guess you didn't look at all the pictures. Or consider the point I was trying to make.  Here's some hot dem on dem action. (and by "hot", I mean everyone please calm down again!). NSFW language. This cannot be real.

https://twitter.com/MariaChappelleN/status/499796605411676160

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2014, 06:48:46 pm »

I am worried that guido911 keeps posting tweets from democrats. He clearly is becoming obsessed again.

Can someone find him a hobby?

Why would we want to read about some people having a twitter war with each other? Why would you not only read it, but feel compelled to post it here?

Guess what guido911? They are just unknown people who don't have the sense to not get in a verbal war with each other. Their opinions have no more merit than anything you or I say on this forum.

#letitgoguido

Power is nothing till you use it.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2014, 07:18:39 pm »

I am worried that guido911 keeps posting tweets from democrats. He clearly is becoming obsessed again.

Why would we want to read about some people having a twitter war with each other? Why would you not only read it, but feel compelled to post it here?

Guess what guido911? They are just unknown people who don't have the sense to not get in a verbal war with each other. Their opinions have no more merit than anything you or I say on this forum.

#letitgoguido

Again?  When did it really ever stop?  I can envision him and Gas IM'ing each other with the latest new 'hot dem on dem action'...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2014, 07:44:35 pm »

Since I guess you didn't look at all the pictures. Or consider the point I was trying to make.  Here's some hot dem on dem action. (and by "hot", I mean everyone please calm down again!). NSFW language. This cannot be real.

The guys think you need a hobby.... how about you, me and some of your rich buddies get together and start a non-profit with the goal of transportation for elderly and physically limited around town?  And to outlying towns....   Kind of along the lines of the LIFT program, expanded - maybe more point to point.  Perhaps regular routes from assisted living facilities to medical, shopping, etc.... A specialized shuttle program.

Gonna cost some bucks...maybe there are Federal grants??

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2014, 09:05:47 pm »

I think he has one.  You just don't like it.

Grin

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2014, 10:10:46 pm »

When N’awlins was rotting after Katrina and Bush was the epicenter of anger, everyone was supposed to sit up and take notice and take their anger out on him.  Now that Ferguson has burned and its residents (and notable lib celebs on Twitter) are turning on Obama, it’s a non-issue.  M’kay.  Just making sure I have the script straight.  

Sounds like a Sorosian plot to me.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2014, 10:29:36 pm »

#letitgoguido

Whats the matter? Not like hearing about the party that falls in love with one another back biting? It's not my fault that Mo. has a dem governor, and a dem state senator is tearing into him. Or that Sharpton is bringing his stench into St. L. And by the way, I gave Obama credit on his handling of this, or did you just miss that. I also gave grief to a right leading website for stirring the pot, or did you miss that too.

I do not care who is running their mouths on this story, it needs to calm the heck down.  You by the way are part of the problem, passing judgment without all the facts. You need to calm down too.

And to make you feel better, here's Joe Scarborough getting ripped.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NBBHucAkMA[/youtube]

Loosen up the armor, and take a look at who is agreeing with you. 
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 10:35:59 pm by guido911 » Logged

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2014, 10:30:45 pm »

The guys think you need a hobby.... how about you, me and some of your rich buddies get together and start a non-profit with the goal of transportation for elderly and physically limited around town?  And to outlying towns....   Kind of along the lines of the LIFT program, expanded - maybe more point to point.  Perhaps regular routes from assisted living facilities to medical, shopping, etc.... A specialized shuttle program.

Gonna cost some bucks...maybe there are Federal grants??

I am waiting on the snail farm IPO

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2014, 07:16:10 am »

I am waiting on the snail farm IPO

That's gonna stay a closely held corporation - and the business plan is to make just enough to cover the costs for my bad habit (eating escargot).

Here's where it all starts, though, if you want a fun, relaxing, rewarding hobby in agriculture.  Gardening/farming is therapeutic and soothes the soul;

http://afsic.nal.usda.gov/grazing-systems-and-alternative-livestock-breeds/raising-alternative-livestock-breeds/snails

Even a small 4' x 8' bed is very easy to make and maintain (I can help you offline if interested) and gives you the opportunity for quiet time to commune with nature!  Very relaxing after a busy day at work.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org