A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:50:56 am
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: One less QT today  (Read 97014 times)
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #255 on: March 14, 2015, 05:24:56 pm »

if you want to call the interactions of police - a small microcosm of society in general - the "secondary infection", fine....it's just semantics.  And Ferguson is a small item of what has gone on in this country for a long time.
The one event is what triggered (the thorn?), but was not the root cause (the secondary infection?).  Backwards, but ok, let's go with that....  Sad that the RWRE can't understand that - it's the focused, lasered training from Rupert and Friends... Fox and Friends that installs the blinders for them...  They actually DO understand, but that doesn't fit The Script, so must be attacked and eliminated if possible.

“This is really an ambush, is what it is,” said Chief Jon Belmar of the St. Louis County Police Department. "You can't see it coming. ... And you are basically defenseless from the fact that it is happening to you."  Belmar said the shooter was "somehow embedded" among the demonstrators.

Police in full riot gear with helmets and shields, gathered from multiple jurisdictions and in battle formation, "ambushed" by someone in a crowd of protestors, and simply vanished without a trace?
Then there's that odd military reference to the shooter being "embedded," which reveals that police dont believe the shooter was a protestor.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #256 on: March 14, 2015, 05:44:27 pm »

“This is really an ambush, is what it is,” said Chief Jon Belmar of the St. Louis County Police Department. "You can't see it coming. ... And you are basically defenseless from the fact that it is happening to you."  Belmar said the shooter was "somehow embedded" among the demonstrators.

Police in full riot gear with helmets and shields, gathered from multiple jurisdictions and in battle formation, "ambushed" by someone in a crowd of protestors, and simply vanished without a trace?
Then there's that odd military reference to the shooter being "embedded," which reveals that police dont believe the shooter was a protestor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIoMfVNVx4g

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #257 on: March 14, 2015, 09:26:54 pm »

You missed one:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/shooting-in-metro-system-dc-police-say/2015/03/12/8f3abf6e-c921-11e4-b2a1-bed1aaea2816_story.html

Averaging three a day, but because they are killed by police, their lives cease to matter.

No I didn't.  These two are specific to St Louis - some family lives there.  One of them works in a building on the road this went down on.  Everyone had left for the day.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #258 on: March 14, 2015, 09:44:27 pm »

Conclusion... jumped to...  That logic is the kind of thing they use in Logic 101 as an example of faulty/invalid logic.  IOW, you can't get there from here - probably wasn't 'with' the protestors - just using them as cover - but doesn't make the shooter a cop plant either...not by a long shot!!

I suspect it's more he is using the terminology they use to attribute an action to someone who was on the 'other side'.  Ambushed - yeah, that event pretty well fit the definition, I think.  I also suspect the bullets came from outside the immediate area of the group of protestors, when all the dust settles.

Ferguson and Berkely are pretty ragged areas in St Louis - family is about 3 miles west of there - and you can see that the crime is average to high.  Murder is moderate rate - sometimes higher, sometimes lower.  Way less than Detroit, but amazingly close to Washington DC.  (comparing numbers per 100,000)

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Ferguson-Missouri.html

National comparisons
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_crime_rate_%282012%29

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #259 on: March 15, 2015, 01:41:58 pm »

Sounds like they got the shooter.

http://fox2now.com/2015/03/15/st-louis-county-police-suspected-shooter-of-two-police-officers-in-custody/

http://woundedamericanwarrior.com/breaking-thug-jeffrey-williams-shooter-of-two-ferguson-police-officers-in-custody/#
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 01:43:33 pm by guido911 » Logged

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #260 on: March 15, 2015, 01:59:40 pm »

Reading some and watching the video, it, at first blush, appears that the police weren't targeted.

Before you go full on ape-$hit, that doesn't absolve this moron from anything.  If it turns out what is stated is true, it makes him a terrible marksman if he targeted someone else.  And an idiot for doing it in a crowd of protesters outside the police station.  Especially THIS police station.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 02:05:05 pm by Hoss » Logged

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #261 on: March 15, 2015, 04:33:57 pm »

Reading some and watching the video, it, at first blush, appears that the police weren't targeted.

Before you go full on ape-$hit, that doesn't absolve this moron from anything.  If it turns out what is stated is true, it makes him a terrible marksman if he targeted someone else.  And an idiot for doing it in a crowd of protesters outside the police station.  Especially THIS police station.

Sounds like you might be right

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/ferguson-police-shooter-had-been-at-protest-earlier-source-says/article_a25d4fc3-5889-5f15-a8fe-2995af5962ac.html

and Im guessing it wasnt the people living under this roof?

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #262 on: March 15, 2015, 07:06:00 pm »

probably wasn't 'with' the protestors - just using them as cover

"This last event was not the protesters," Robert Howard, a police officer who lives in Ferguson and works in nearby Hillsdale, told NBC News days after the two officers were shot. "This was another act of an opportunist."

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/cop-ferguson-says-protesters-are-going-be-ones-help-us-n323381
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #263 on: March 15, 2015, 08:35:46 pm »

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #264 on: March 15, 2015, 08:37:11 pm »

Hmm..don't like the outcome so call it Spam.  I see....

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #265 on: March 16, 2015, 01:46:32 am »

Hmm..don't like the outcome so call it Spam.  I see....

I don't like the "outcome" either . Two cops were shot, and you are more focused on the excuse given by the admitted shooter. This upstanding human being:

He also reportedly posted this on Facebook: "“It’s so easy to take somebody life…. Bt y’all niggas scared to bang….smh…….. Gotta Have da best of both worlds.”

The DA also said Williams had been demonstrating earlier that night.

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #266 on: March 16, 2015, 05:28:06 am »

Hoss hates law enforcement too.......

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #267 on: March 16, 2015, 05:37:52 am »

Hoss hates law enforcement too.......

Aww, isn't that cute.  The sleepover club is ganging up on me...whatever will I do?

I wonder, do you guys complete each other's sentences?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 05:54:53 am by Hoss » Logged

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #268 on: March 16, 2015, 10:11:58 am »

Aww, isn't that cute.  The sleepover club is ganging up on me...whatever will I do?

I wonder, do you guys complete each other's sentences?

Hoss, you are just not appreciating how much space they are using up to complain about people using up space.
You should see it for the accomplishment it is... you know, like staring in awe over a really big BM.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #269 on: March 16, 2015, 04:06:17 pm »

Hoss, you are just not appreciating how much space they are using up to complain about people using up space.
You should see it for the accomplishment it is... you know, like staring in awe over a really big BM.

Congratulations Hoss. THIS is who's side you are now on. And also congrats on becoming the left's "sauerkraut" in this forum.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org