A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:57:48 pm
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: One less QT today  (Read 99460 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #240 on: March 12, 2015, 06:48:22 am »

Sometimes the root cause is not as important as the secondary infection.

Walk through the woods anywhere in the country and you are likely to encounter thorns. Every year people die from Sporothrix schenckii, and a host of other infections carried by tens of thousands of plants with thorns. When I was a paramedic I watched a 8 year old boy die from an infection he got from a barberry bush outside the front door of his school.

The root cause was the prick, but the secondary infection resulted in death.

Thorns suck, but unfortunately they exist in nature. You can pull a few of them out of the ground but you will never eradicate them.

The secondary infection in Ferguson is not being treated, it is being nurtured, because people are afraid to name it.  Every system contains disease. The Fergurson police department, the Ferguson community, our government, and each individual.  Sometimes focusing on the root impedes your ability to treat the secondary infection.

The infection in Ferguson is massive, and spreading. In many cases it is being encouraged to spread for political reasons, because it fosters the destruction necessary for politicians and other madmen to feed.  The victims are the people anointed as minions, and given false justification for heinous action.

It will get worse as long as we continue to attempt to placate criminal action and martyr thugs. This is not a new thing.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #241 on: March 12, 2015, 09:46:48 am »

Sometimes the root cause is not as important as the secondary infection.

Walk through the woods anywhere in the country and you are likely to encounter thorns. Every year people die from Sporothrix schenckii, and a host of other infections carried by tens of thousands of plants with thorns. When I was a paramedic I watched a 8 year old boy die from an infection he got from a barberry bush outside the front door of his school.

The root cause was the prick, but the secondary infection resulted in death.

Thorns suck, but unfortunately they exist in nature. You can pull a few of them out of the ground but you will never eradicate them.

The secondary infection in Ferguson is not being treated, it is being nurtured, because people are afraid to name it.  Every system contains disease. The Fergurson police department, the Ferguson community, our government, and each individual.  Sometimes focusing on the root impedes your ability to treat the secondary infection.

The infection in Ferguson is massive, and spreading. In many cases it is being encouraged to spread for political reasons, because it fosters the destruction necessary for politicians and other madmen to feed.  The victims are the people anointed as minions, and given false justification for heinous action.

It will get worse as long as we continue to attempt to placate criminal action and martyr thugs. This is not a new thing.

Except for the fact that you got it exactly reversed... if you want to call the interactions of police - a small microcosm of society in general - the "secondary infection", fine....it's just semantics.  And Ferguson is a small item of what has gone on in this country for a long time.

What is the bigger shame here is that people who have not been exposed (the upper X%...pick a number you like from 1 to 49...) don't understand what people who HAVE been exposed (the lower X%....again pick your own number...) have dealt with forever.  But hey, that must mean it really doesn't exist at all, right?

As for what has been done in the past to all the various lower X%, well you are right about that - we are likely never to get rid of all the thorns.  They keep popping up due to ignorance and stupidstition of all %'ers.

What the upper %'ers - and many of the lower %'ers want to do is parse and deflect and try to compartmentalize all effects so they can attach one "root cause" and thereby attempt to trivialize, demean and deflect what I mentioned earlier as the preponderence of evidence - the "straw the broke the camels back" - that constitutes the sum total of reactions.  Michael Brown was a punk, small time criminal who thought he was "sooo tough"...and wanted to prove how gangsta' he was.  He apparently was justifiably blown away for his actions.  Just so you and guido can understand - that is what is meant by earlier posts...read them again if not understood.

The one event is what triggered (the thorn?), but was not the root cause (the secondary infection?).  Backwards, but ok, let's go with that....  Sad that the RWRE can't understand that - it's the focused, lasered training from Rupert and Friends... Fox and Friends that installs the blinders for them...  They actually DO understand, but that doesn't fit The Script, so must be attacked and eliminated if possible.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #242 on: March 12, 2015, 11:24:57 am »

You should be relieved the two were released from the hospital a few hours later with shrapnel wounds, so now you can devote your attention to all the Americans who were shot this week that didnt survive.

No one should be shooting at anybody, but thats too simple.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #243 on: March 12, 2015, 11:32:43 am »

You should be relieved the two were released from the hospital a few hours later with shrapnel wounds, so now you can devote your attention to all the Americans who were shot this week that didnt survive.

How could it be shrapnel when reports state one of the officers still has a bullet lodged behind his left ear.  A little insensitive I think..

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #244 on: March 12, 2015, 12:34:30 pm »

How could it be shrapnel when reports state one of the officers still has a bullet lodged behind his left ear.  A little insensitive I think..

I had a bullet in my nose one time that eventually worked it's way out...that one behind his left ear may do the same... maybe it will work its way down to his mouth and he can spit it out Terminator style!!

Good news they are going to be ok!  Too bad they didn't catch the shooter at the time!  Sounds like they have leads AND cooperation from the community.  Perhaps the DOJ exoneration of the cop and the report will let most people (civilian and cop) start looking at ways to help the situation instead of making it worse.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #245 on: March 12, 2015, 01:09:44 pm »

I didn't mean to interrupt your celebrating--I mean even though they were not killed. Here ya go.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M[/youtube]

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #246 on: March 12, 2015, 03:52:41 pm »

I didn't mean to interrupt your celebrating--I mean even though they were not killed. Here ya go.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M[/youtube]

I really like that song.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #247 on: March 12, 2015, 04:47:07 pm »

First this....

http://donofalltrades.com/2015/03/12/a-senseless-death/

Then this....

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/year-old-boy-fatally-shot-in-rolling-st-louis-gunbattle/article_4c0a7015-e591-5c8b-8ec0-9781e2472c30.html

Yesterday evening.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 04:49:44 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #248 on: March 12, 2015, 05:01:58 pm »

I really like that song.

I bet.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #249 on: March 12, 2015, 05:06:11 pm »

Here is reportedly video taken at the time of the shooting--for the likes of patric. Sounds like an officer is the one in agony.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvubFsGh6Rs[/youtube]

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #250 on: March 12, 2015, 05:21:41 pm »

Here is reportedly video taken at the time of the shooting--for the likes of patric.

I can make no sense of the last statement.  Perhaps there is none.

...but if were sharing video...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5llTSYN0L1E[/youtube]

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #251 on: March 12, 2015, 05:27:21 pm »

^^^Hope you are having one heck of a party!!!!

Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #252 on: March 13, 2015, 07:19:40 pm »

^^^Hope you are having one heck of a party!!!!

New shooting in Ferguson sets right wing shrieking
http://www.kentucky.com/2015/03/13/3745566/mary-sanchez-new-shooting-in-ferguson.html

Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #253 on: March 14, 2015, 05:10:12 pm »

You missed one:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/shooting-in-metro-system-dc-police-say/2015/03/12/8f3abf6e-c921-11e4-b2a1-bed1aaea2816_story.html

Averaging three a day, but because they are killed by police, their lives cease to matter.
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #254 on: March 14, 2015, 05:20:32 pm »

The response is well worth talking about. 

A society is in decay when it makes makes martyrs out of madmen.

Here's part of the problem:  A right-wing extremist career politician (and Fox And Friends regular) tweeting pictures of burned bodies and saying the president and AG are out to destroy America, because in his world the only alternative to devolving police practices is anarchy.

http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/Sheriff-Clarke-tweets-graphic-photo-in-response-to-political-website-295444511.html

The police unions and the RWE are milking this for maximum value, but the reality is that one fool with a gun isnt going to slow the much needed momentum of police reform.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org