A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:47:25 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The republican party seems divided  (Read 3548 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« on: May 13, 2016, 07:12:26 am »

I started this thread three and a half years ago.

http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=19750.120

Has anything changed?

Is the republican party divided?

Power is nothing till you use it.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 08:05:41 am »

I started this thread three and a half years ago.

http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=19750.120

Has anything changed?

Is the republican party divided?

Changed - gotten worse.

Divided?  Hijacked.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 08:26:04 am »

Hijacked?  Its pretty hard to hijack a two party system.  Its just the base saying what they want.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 09:29:52 am »

Not really. Hijack may be too strong. More like purchased. Trump is not a conservative. Trump is not an evangelical. Trump is not a free trader, globalist. These have been the foundations of the party (the base) since at least the first Bush. Trump is his own movement which is really more of what is being called a "nativist". Other nativists like Pat Buchanan, (America First!) or Ross Perot have tried but failed. The party has been up for grabs for quite some time now and he has the formula that works.

I have always noted the close appearance and mannerisms he shares with Mussolini. 

onward...through the fog
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 10:38:38 am »

Hijacked?  Its pretty hard to hijack a two party system.  Its just the base saying what they want.

Hijacked in similar fashion and parallel time-frame to how the Southern Baptist Convention was hijacked.   I come from very long line of both and even the grandparents I considered the most conservative were distressed 10-15 years ago about the direction both (Party and Church) had taken.

Yeah, it can and has been hijacked.  By radical extremists.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org