A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:14:11 am
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: School Lunches  (Read 40714 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #120 on: September 14, 2014, 08:20:06 pm »

It’s a study about how their opinions on climate science vary so strongly from the settled science and why.

The continued claims of "settled science" will work well among those unwilling to think for themselves.

ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #121 on: September 14, 2014, 11:11:13 pm »

The continued claims of "settled science" will work well among those unwilling to think for themselves.

I don't claim for the science to necessarily be settled, but I place much more faith in the studies, opinions and models of scientists who devote their time to studying the climate than those who are "geoscientists and engineers." While we're at it, let's go ahead and ask a group of financial consultants what their opinions are on global warming.

There is certainly much more to learn about our climate and the processes by which it changes, but the rising CO2 level, as well as the rate at which it is rising, should be of concern to everyone. This is totally uncharted territory.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #122 on: September 15, 2014, 06:25:36 am »

but I place much more faith in the studies, opinions and models of scientists who devote their time to studying the climate than those who are "geoscientists and engineers."

I would place much more faith in those models if they worked.

sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #123 on: September 15, 2014, 11:56:04 am »

Rush L just mentioned on his radio show today (09-15-14) in his first hour that  reports released say the ice build up at both the North & South pole are at record levels. Huge ice sheets are growing.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
rebound
City Father

« Reply #124 on: September 15, 2014, 11:58:02 am »

Rush L just mentioned on his radio show today (09-15-14) in his first hour that  reports released say the ice build up at both the North & South pole are at record levels. Huge ice sheets are growing.

I had convinced myself that you were just trolling on this forum.  But if you are seriously referencing Rush, or even listening to him for  that matter,  it may explain a lot.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #125 on: September 15, 2014, 11:59:53 am »

I had convinced myself that you were just trolling on this forum.  But if you are seriously referencing Rush, or even listening to him for  that matter,  it may explain a lot.

From what I've read, Sauer travels the web doing what he can to spread the cra cra.
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #126 on: September 21, 2014, 01:57:06 pm »

Not so fast- Rush was reading a article about the growing ice on his radio show. This was not his opinion, that is what the article said written by real scientists. It is true Rush does not believe in global warming and neither do I. IMO it's a hoax.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #127 on: September 21, 2014, 02:47:24 pm »

Not so fast- Rush was reading a article about the growing ice on his radio show. This was not his opinion, that is what the article said written by real scientists. It is true Rush does not believe in global warming and neither do I. IMO it's a hoax.

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/global/

A summary:

Global Highlights
The combined average temperature across global land and ocean surfaces for August 2014 was record high for the month, at 0.75°C (1.35°F) above the 20th century average of 15.6°C (60.1°F), topping the previous record set in 1998.
The global land surface temperature was 0.99°C (1.78°F) above the 20th century average of 13.8°C (56.9°F), the second highest on record for August, behind 1998.
For the ocean, the August global sea surface temperature was 0.65°C (1.17°F) above the 20th century average of 16.4°C (61.4°F). This record high departure from average not only beats the previous August record set in 2005 by 0.08°C (0.14°F), but also beats the previous all-time record set just two months ago in June 2014 by 0.03°C (0.05°F).
The combined average global land and ocean surface temperature for the June–August period was also record high for this period, at 0.71°C (1.28°F) above the 20th century average of 16.4°C (61.5°F), beating the previous record set in 1998.
The June–August worldwide land surface temperature was 0.91°C (1.64°F) above the 20th century average, the fifth highest on record for this period. The global ocean surface temperature for the same period was 0.63°C (1.13°F) above the 20th century average, the highest on record for June–August. This beats the previous record set in 2009 by 0.04°C (0.07°F).
The combined average global land and ocean surface temperature for January–August (year-to-date) was 0.68°C (1.22°F) above the 20th century average of 14.0°C (57.3°F), the third highest for this eight-month period on record.

This was from scientists also.  Those not paid for by the oil industry.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 02:49:43 pm by Hoss » Logged

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #128 on: September 21, 2014, 04:04:42 pm »

Just today I read several articles about how the Arctic ice is currently at a record low level. Antarctic ice, however, is expanding.

A little note for you, 13 of the 14 warmest years since record keeping began have occurred since 2000.
Ed W
City Father

Re:
« Reply #129 on: September 21, 2014, 05:28:53 pm »

Weather is micro. Climate is macro. In geologic terms, the planet has generally been warmer than it is now. We have no idea whether we're experiencing the end of an ice age or merely a (comparatively) brief warm period. Climatologists believe it's warming based on their data. Republicans believe it's all hooey 'cause Rush said so.

Ed W

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #130 on: September 21, 2014, 07:59:01 pm »

Yeah, well opinions are like a-holes...everyone's got one...and between Rush and you, ya got a doozy going there that, as expected, has no relation to reality.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

Re:
« Reply #131 on: September 21, 2014, 09:42:02 pm »

Republicans believe it's all hooey 'cause Rush said so.

I believe you exaggerate a bit.

Ed W
City Father

Re:
« Reply #132 on: September 22, 2014, 04:47:33 am »

Me? Exaggerate?  NEVER!...but don't ask SWMBO.

Ed W

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #133 on: October 15, 2014, 12:56:38 am »

I cannot believe anyone would think was a good idea.

https://vine.co/v/OqJKZVQami9

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #134 on: October 15, 2014, 04:55:52 am »

I cannot believe anyone would think was a good idea.

https://vine.co/v/OqJKZVQami9
Oh good Lord!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org