A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:53:29 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First Draft 2014 Craft Beer Tasting  (Read 5339 times)
TPC1956
Tourist

« on: August 06, 2014, 09:04:45 am »

Celebrate ten years of First Draft under the Downtown Tulsa skyline Oct. 10
Annual beer tasting benefits Tulsa Press Club, helps fund college scholarships

TULSA, Okla. – Tulsa’s premier beer tasting event returns this fall to ONEOK Field, home of the Tulsa Drillers and anchor to the revitalized Brady and Greenwood Districts. The Tulsa Press Club’s annual First Draft craft beer tasting is celebrating its tenth year, and will aptly be held Friday October 10th from 5:30 to 9:30 P.M..  Last year’s supporting brewers were Marshall Brewing, Prairie Artisan Ales, Dead Armadillo, Black Mesa, Roughtail, Coop, Choc, Tallgrass, Huebert, Mustang, Battered Boar and FOAM with more than 50 Oklahoma craft beers being featured.  Tom Gilbert, chief photographer for the Tulsa World and “What the Ale” beer blogger, is serving as chair of the event for the third straight year.

“We’re happy to celebrate 10 years of this great event by bringing it back to ONEOK Field, where the Brady District and Greenwood meet,” Gilbert said. “Oklahoma’s breweries continue to make a name for themselves both regionally and nationally. This is an opportunity for our local beer lovers to be among the first to taste the next great beer on the market. With so many unique beers and the beautiful Downtown Tulsa skyline as a backdrop, you can’t ask for a better experience”    

Sellout crowds on ONEOK’s Refinery Deck the last two years have opened the opportunity to take First Draft to the concourse level of the ballpark. The concourse accommodates more people, allows for more brewers and gives beer tasters extra room to move. Last year’s event sold out with about 450 attendees. This year’s event is expected to draw at least 600 people.  

First Draft benefits the Tulsa Press Club, whose mission is to foster and promote ethical journalism, defend freedom of the press and the public’s right to information, encourage the exchange of ideas between media and their publics.

To purchase tickets or for more information about First Draft, visit www.firstdrafttulsa.com, check out the Facebook page at www.facebook.com/tulsafirstdraft or follow the event on Twitter at @TulsaFirstDraft. Sponsorships and VIP packages are available.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 09:40:07 am by TPC1956 » Logged
davideinstein
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 01:38:06 pm »

Mmm

I'll be at this.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 02:46:45 pm »

$50 Dollars! I'm not sure I could get my drunk worth.  Undecided

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 05:09:41 pm »

Above my price point.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 05:27:28 pm »

If you try all 75 beers, it's only $.67 a piece.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 06:44:47 pm »

If you try all 75 beers, it's only $.67 a piece.

At 1 oz per sample (I'm guessing they will actually be a couple of oz ea), I couldn't try all 75 even if I had a ride home.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 09:22:56 pm »

I’ll be saving liver capacity for Oktoberfest week. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org