A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:52:36 am
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1st Street Lofts Rant/recap  (Read 55042 times)
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #105 on: July 07, 2016, 12:52:11 pm »

I didn't realize S&J closed?  I liked that place but hadn't been back in awhile..  Anyone know what will replace it?

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #106 on: July 08, 2016, 11:07:47 am »

I'll be excited to see the work finally get started...I walk by it at least twice a day during work days.

I'll let you know if they discover that Sager did bad things...

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #107 on: July 08, 2016, 11:28:28 am »

I'm still surprised he uses the "we removed every brick" line. I'm no mason, but I've never seen that. I've seen bricks be regrouted or repointed, but I don't think I've ever seen or heard of a building having all the bricks pulled off and redone.  Anyone more knowledgeable than I?

Hopefully this article isn't another puff piece and it actually gets moving. Ross Group gets stuff done. As the Edge Wraps up, resources likely shift over.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #108 on: July 08, 2016, 02:57:54 pm »

I'm still surprised he uses the "we removed every brick" line. I'm no mason, but I've never seen that. I've seen bricks be regrouted or repointed, but I don't think I've ever seen or heard of a building having all the bricks pulled off and redone.  Anyone more knowledgeable than I?

Hopefully this article isn't another puff piece and it actually gets moving. Ross Group gets stuff done. As the Edge Wraps up, resources likely shift over.
I'm not defending Mr. Sager in any way but yes I have had projects where that required removal of the brick that was cleaned and then re-installed or even required complete demolition as a result.  This was required when there is little or no masonry ties to the structure and or when poor or weak mortar was used of developed over time as can be the case in the Tulsa area with historic structures which were built prior to Tulsa receiving quality water from the Spavinaw system, same issue as with the original portion of the 11th Street Bridge, chloride contamination (Tulsa's original water supply was the Arkansas River which at times contains dissolved chlorides) can happen in masonry joints as well.

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #109 on: July 10, 2016, 11:23:07 am »

Will they please replace the "Sager" nameplate?  They can put literally anything else in there.  "Ross" maybe? 
rdj
City Father

« Reply #110 on: July 11, 2016, 10:25:15 am »

Will they please replace the "Sager" nameplate?  They can put literally anything else in there.  "Ross" maybe? 

I think Citizens of Tulsa would be fitting, considered the citizens have been the most patient real estate investor/lender known to man.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #111 on: July 11, 2016, 12:02:19 pm »

I think Citizens of Tulsa would be fitting, considered the citizens have been the most patient real estate investor/lender known to man.

"Townsend et al" would be fine
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #112 on: July 11, 2016, 12:10:38 pm »

Just replace the S with an L and put in a brew pub. Or just the original construction date.

onward...through the fog
dsjeffries
City Father

« Reply #113 on: July 12, 2016, 07:38:01 am »

Michael Sager began the original effort in 2007 to renovate the historic Jacobs Hotel into a 19-unit apartment building.

How about JACOBS, since that's what it was originally called?

Change never happened because people were happy with the status quo.
Bamboo World
Philanthropist

« Reply #114 on: July 13, 2016, 05:57:58 pm »

July 13, 2016 Tulsa World update
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #115 on: September 23, 2016, 12:18:16 pm »

Windows have been open and there have been 4 or 5 workers visible in and on the building.

Not exactly an army of workers getting things done but that's 4 or 5 more workers than I've seen in a long time.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #116 on: September 23, 2016, 12:38:44 pm »

From my office I've been able to see over the last month or so they have repaired the roof which had a tarp over parts of it for well over a year. I've seen a crane nearby recently supplying materials through the windows on the west side.  Things have been happening.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #117 on: February 24, 2017, 09:28:42 am »

Per the TDA Executive Report for February:

I. First Street Lofts
310 East 1st Street
• Electrical and plumbing rough-in completed throughout the building
• All wall framing is completed
• One side of drywall continues on the 2nd and 3rd floors
• All windows have been installed throughout building
• Steel structure will be set for a large interior staircase that will go from floors 1st
through 4th
• Began utility work in the right-of-way

http://www.tulsadevelopmentauthority.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Executive-Director-Report-10.pdf

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #118 on: February 24, 2017, 10:12:47 am »

Per the TDA Executive Report for February:

I. First Street Lofts
310 East 1st Street
• Electrical and plumbing rough-in completed throughout the building
• All wall framing is completed
• One side of drywall continues on the 2nd and 3rd floors
• All windows have been installed throughout building
• Steel structure will be set for a large interior staircase that will go from floors 1st
through 4th
• Began utility work in the right-of-way

http://www.tulsadevelopmentauthority.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Executive-Director-Report-10.pdf

Go Ross Group!!!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan

Global Moderator
Civic Leader

« Reply #119 on: March 06, 2017, 10:50:11 am »

In that this project appears to be on track, lets start a new thread to focus on where it is going instead of continuing a discussion of where it has been.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 10:51:55 am by Moderator » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org