A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:35:45 am
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1st Street Lofts Rant/recap  (Read 55657 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2015, 11:56:24 am »

I had heard a rumor that he had an investor/debtor that was going to take the project out of Sager's hands. Wonder if that is what happened.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2015, 12:06:54 pm »

Yeah it was a poorly written story.  Is Ross Group just donating money to the project?  I did appreciate how they called out Sager for his inability to perform a bit.  I just wish they had provided more details on the progress of the project.

The Ross Group is a construction company, so they can do a lot more than just add money. This is very encouraging.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2015, 11:28:21 am »

Soooo, how's this whole thing with the Ross Group going?  I'm not seeing much on the outside.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #78 on: September 18, 2015, 12:49:53 pm »

Soooo, how's this whole thing with the Ross Group going?  I'm not seeing much on the outside.

::shakes magic 8 ball::

My sources indicate construction will begin shortly and is expected to be completed in some diminish length of time that has no basis in reality.

/I have no sources

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #79 on: November 03, 2015, 04:03:38 pm »

Anyone have any updates?

Nothing much has changed that I've seen except for a couple of broken out windows boarded up and some re-applications of tarps over the sky-lights.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2015, 04:57:30 pm »

Anyone have any updates?

Nothing much has changed that I've seen except for a couple of broken out windows boarded up and some re-applications of tarps over the sky-lights.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2015, 10:11:59 pm »

Anyone have any updates?

In the meantime, Ross Group is now looking at projects in Bartlesville.  Wait? What?  Squirrel!!!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #82 on: November 04, 2015, 08:02:59 am »

The last news story I saw said it would be completed in the fall of 2015.
http://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news/investigations/after-nine-years-1st-street-lofts-to-see-rapid-completion

I think we are about due for a Tulsa World article on how great the progress is and how we can expect progress real soon. I'm pretty sure the loan comes due in 2016...

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #83 on: November 04, 2015, 01:35:24 pm »

You know, I bet the deal to build these lofts was negotiated using the most popular phone at the time:
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #84 on: November 04, 2015, 02:14:12 pm »

Maybe watching Miley Sirus on Disney in 2006?

Maybe they made an announcement on this brand new startup that let you post short snippets on the internet:

That was before Bing was a thing. Or before Michael Jackson announced a comeback. Justin Timberlake was Bringing Sexy Back. The new One World Trade Center tower was still finishing the foundations.  In 2006 most people didn't know what BluRay was. Kids that were starting the 1st grade when this deal was made, will certainly be starting on varsity high school teams by the time it is finished.

There has actually been four new countries created in the time it took to remodel this building (Kosovo, south Sudan, Serbia and Montenegro). One of them might collapse before it is done. Seriously, this means that nations would have literally risen and fallen in the time it took to create First Street Lofts with public funds.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #85 on: November 04, 2015, 02:32:22 pm »

But, but...he started the whole downtown rebirth with Blue Dome didn't he? We'll name streets after him in a few decades.

onward...through the fog
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #86 on: November 04, 2015, 03:14:51 pm »

Well, he had the vision to buy (with mamma's money) some old buildings, and was smart enough not to tear them down.  Overall, I would say the rebirth happened because of the tenants who leased the buildings and started businesses there, not so much because of the landlord.  But I will give him credit for not demolishing anything.  Even when some of those buildings became roofless, three-sided shells, he held onto them. Those roofless shells are now profitable businesses that are thriving downtown. </end of positive things I can think of to say>
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #87 on: November 04, 2015, 03:48:59 pm »

Seriously, this means that nations would have literally risen and fallen in the time it took to create First Street Lofts with public funds.

Kudos sir.  Best thing I've read on here in a while.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #88 on: November 04, 2015, 04:14:25 pm »

In the meantime, Ross Group is now looking at projects in Bartlesville.  Wait? What?  Squirrel!!!

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #89 on: November 13, 2015, 09:02:11 am »

Ross Group officially announced their BVille plans.

Four buildings built around 1907. $2mil in additional renovation work. Four retail spaces and 11 apartments. 14,000 square feet that will be receiving tax incentives. Plans are being finalized.

Taking bets on which project is finished first, the one Sager started in 2005/6 and partnered with the Ross Group in 2015. Or the one the Ross Group is starting in 2015/6.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org