A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:45:24 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1st Street Lofts Rant/recap  (Read 55518 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2015, 02:02:57 pm »

Whiskey Business has a competitor with seemingly much more traffic at 11th and Elgin.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2015, 03:22:01 pm »

Whiskey Business has a competitor with seemingly much more traffic at 11th and Elgin.

Also much $pendier
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2015, 04:23:50 pm »

I haven't been in there in a long time, but that place was more Mad Dog 20-20 Business than Whisky Business.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2015, 04:27:48 pm »

I haven't been in there in a long time, but that place was more Mad Dog 20-20 Business than Whisky Business.

New place, across the street. Modern Spirits.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2015, 04:46:19 pm »

That is not the store I was thinking of.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2015, 04:49:00 pm »

I'll admit to using Modern Spirits more in the last six months than Whiskey Business even though I drive within a block of Whiskey Business to get to Modern Spirits.  Or, I'll make a pass and if there is no parking along 1st St, I head to Modern Spirit.

I haven't been in there for a while.  Are they (Modern Spirits) still planning on taking the space next to them for a beer room expansion?

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2015, 06:58:59 pm »

That is not the store I was thinking of.

That’s the one near the overpass.  Became a bike shop and frequent vandalism target.  It’s been vacant now something like two years.  Still seems to be a sketchy location for any business.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2015, 08:45:18 pm »

That’s the one near the overpass.  Became a bike shop and frequent vandalism target.  It’s been vacant now something like two years.  Still seems to be a sketchy location for any business.

Yeah, that was it. I really wish someone would buy up Gunboat Park and restore all those apartment buildings. It could be really great area.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2015, 09:25:10 am »

Yeah, that was it. I really wish someone would buy up Gunboat Park and restore all those apartment buildings. It could be really great area.

That area is ripe for gentrification and you could put a bodega in the old liquor store location.  With the proximity to the CBD, that makes so much sense.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2015, 09:38:41 am »

There's been some crossfit stuff going on in that building from time to time over the last year or so.  Gunboat Park would be a perfect redevelopment project with really neat old apartments to fix up. 

I also have been going to Modern Spirits instead of Whisky Business, mainly because it's easier on my way out of downtown.  Whisky Business really needs more residents downtown to be successful.  Say, a bunch of young people living above them, but that's just crazy talk. 
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2015, 09:59:39 am »

There's been some crossfit stuff going on in that building from time to time over the last year or so.  Gunboat Park would be a perfect redevelopment project with really neat old apartments to fix up. 

I also have been going to Modern Spirits instead of Whisky Business, mainly because it's easier on my way out of downtown.  Whisky Business really needs more residents downtown to be successful.  Say, a bunch of young people living above them, but that's just crazy talk. 

Roll Eyes
rdj
City Father

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2015, 11:04:25 am »

I know of three different groups that have tried to do something with Gunboat Park.  The biggest issue is getting enough of the property that you can do something meaningful.  Having the industrial buildings on the north side make it harder.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2015, 11:12:26 am »

I know of three different groups that have tried to do something with Gunboat Park.  The biggest issue is getting enough of the property that you can do something meaningful.  Having the industrial buildings on the north side make it harder.

Do you know if the Price’s have any interest in selling their buildings?  Some of the industrial/warehouse could be great loft projects.

DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2015, 11:43:38 am »

From Facebook.  Looks like they'll fight on.  I'll try to support them better.

Whiskey Business - Tulsa's Blue Dome District

1 min · Edited ·

Whiskey Business is soon to be under new ownership, we will be having a grand re-opening near the end of February. Thank you for all of your support over the last few years, the next few will be packed with some new and exciting changes. More details on the grand re-opening to follow soon!
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2015, 12:01:50 pm »

So inventory goes with the business.  So it wouldn't make sense to sell and then buy more inventory.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org