A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:25:22 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boozy McOrangeface says...  (Read 13771 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« on: July 29, 2014, 09:02:41 pm »

...that all this talk of impeachment is a scam and there are no plans to impeach the President.  He thinks it's a plot by the Democrats.

Wow.  He's been inhaling the bronzer I think.  No wonder Congressional popularity numbers are in the single digits.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/07/29/boehner-calls-impeachment-talk-democratic-scam/

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 06:55:32 am »

And this, "http://news.yahoo.com/republicans-lost-control-impeachment-plot-hatched-175655572.html

House rules committee votes to allow impeachment to be considered. Palin jumps in with both feet. But no, its the Dems doncha' know.

......57% of Republicans polled favor impeachment while general public overwhelmingly does not.......

onward...through the fog
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 07:22:28 am »

Sarah Palin is a closet Democrat....doncha know....??

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 12:22:29 pm »

Duhhhh. I wonder why Boehner said that.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/obama-impeachment-msnbc-fox-news/?dtoc

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 12:27:04 pm »

For a soundbite to be played over and over on conservative sites and shows.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 03:26:42 pm »

For a soundbite to be played over and over on conservative sites and shows.

Probably so, because Nate Silver is known to be a a rabid right winger.  Roll Eyes

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 03:39:54 pm »

Probably so, because Nate Silver is known to be a a rabid right winger.

Okay, great.
Ed W
City Father

Re:
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2014, 04:46:46 pm »

Impeachment on what grounds? And do they remember the Senate is controlled by Democrats?

We need a new phrase; Dumber than a congressman.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
guido911
T-Town Elder

Re:
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2014, 05:22:05 pm »

Impeachment on what grounds? And do they remember the Senate is controlled by Democrats?

We need a new phrase; Dumber than a congressman.

The impeachment nonsense is what it is: nonsense. I am already sick of hearing about it.

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2014, 05:50:59 pm »

I posted this over on FB with a link to one of the "sue the president" stories. Feel free to hack at it and call me names. I gotta take the dog for a walk in the rain:

For once this isn't from the Onion. House Republicans voted to sue the President because he's given businesses more time to comply with the provisions of Obamacare. Yes, that same Obamacare that those same Republicans have tried to repeal over forty times at last count.

Meanwhile, those same Republicans are complaining loudly about the influx of children coming across our borders, and they demand the President deport them more rapidly. But the President is following the law passed in the Bush era that says those children cannot be released without a hearing and must be released only to a relative or other responsible party. Perhaps to no one's surprise, many of those House Republicans voted for this proposal back in 2007.

Have the Republicans gone barking mad?

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2014, 06:26:43 pm »

Because even as dim as he is, he does remember some little bit of history - the last time they tried this nonsense, it cost them 5 seats in the House.  And cost him the Speakership for 10 years or so....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2014, 06:28:25 pm »

I posted this over on FB with a link to one of the "sue the president" stories. Feel free to hack at it and call me names. I gotta take the dog for a walk in the rain:

For once this isn't from the Onion. House Republicans voted to sue the President because he's given businesses more time to comply with the provisions of Obamacare. Yes, that same Obamacare that those same Republicans have tried to repeal over forty times at last count.

Meanwhile, those same Republicans are complaining loudly about the influx of children coming across our borders, and they demand the President deport them more rapidly. But the President is following the law passed in the Bush era that says those children cannot be released without a hearing and must be released only to a relative or other responsible party. Perhaps to no one's surprise, many of those House Republicans voted for this proposal back in 2007.

Have the Republicans gone barking mad?

Remember.....

It's the Hijacked Republican Party....    Teabaggers.

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2014, 12:52:27 pm »

Guido... This is what the article you linked to says:

House Speaker John Boehner said Tuesday that Republicans have no plans to impeach President Obama, and that all the impeachment talk was driven by Democrats hoping to stir up their base.

Boehner’s statement isn’t literally true: There have been mentions of impeachment around the edges of the GOP and by some Republican members of Congress. But on the whole, Democrats are spending a lot more time talking about impeachment than Republicans.

So it isn't literally true... But that he means part of the Republican Party IS taking about impeaching Obama.  But figuratively, it is true because Democrats are using a stupid idea or their advasaries to score political points?  Ergo, if the Democrats point out a dumb move by the Republicans,  then its a Democratic idea and setup.

Just like Andrew Jackson the great peacemaker.  Native Americans love him because after murdering or forcibly removing all natives east of the Mississippi, the Eastern tribes had no Indian Wars.  So, while it was Jacksons idea, it really wasn't because in hindsight the Indians should have wanted it.

Really, its a lot like legitimate rape...

/really?

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2014, 01:20:31 pm »

Guido... This is what the article you linked to says:

So it isn't literally true... But that he means part of the Republican Party IS taking about impeaching Obama.  But figuratively, it is true because Democrats are using a stupid idea or their advasaries to score political points?  Ergo, if the Democrats point out a dumb move by the Republicans,  then its a Democratic idea and setup.

Just like Andrew Jackson the great peacemaker.  Native Americans love him because after murdering or forcibly removing all natives east of the Mississippi, the Eastern tribes had no Indian Wars.  So, while it was Jacksons idea, it really wasn't because in hindsight the Indians should have wanted it.

Really, its a lot like legitimate rape...

/really?

Careful there...you CAN get pregnant from legitimate rape...but you can't from illegitimate rape!!   Or is it the other way around....I forgot....

I really like your comment - just letting you know....I'm gonna use it!!  

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2014, 03:47:41 pm »

I doubt there is much love for Andrew Jackson within the tribes. I know some who won't even carry a bill with his likeness on it.

onward...through the fog
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org