A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:01:44 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Frozen Calamari Rings  (Read 9844 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2014, 03:35:57 pm »

I didn't realize until recently that people who contribute to kickstarter don't get any long-term compensation. It's basically just asking for free money.   I had always thought (although I had not really paid attention) that Kickstarter was similar to an open stock offering, with some kind of incentive if the company actually made it.

The incentive is usually company logo pint glasses, bowling shirts, or whatever widget it is they will be making/selling.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2014, 03:40:15 pm »

I didn't realize until recently that people who contribute to kickstarter don't get any long-term compensation. It's basically just asking for free money.   I had always thought (although I had not really paid attention) that Kickstarter was similar to an open stock offering, with some kind of incentive if the company actually made it.

Isn't that how the guys at Prairie Ales got going?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2014, 03:57:38 pm »

Most of the things I am interested are electronic gadgets.  If was successful at getting it done, then people who fund get one.  I have seen a couple where there was a speculative first involvement, then follow on contact that has led to an "angel" situation for capital.  Rare in the overall scheme of things, but once in a while....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2014, 10:33:58 pm »

Isn't that how the guys at Prairie Ales got going?

Dead Armadillo, actually. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2014, 07:30:32 am »

Great.

Now I really want frozen calamari rings. Any luck?

Power is nothing till you use it.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2014, 11:29:14 am »

Great.

Reading about bung makes you want calamari?
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2014, 02:42:58 pm »

I ate lots of squid and octupi on east coast vacation. There was this Japanese buffet restaurant in Virginia Beach that had each prepared many ways. The grilled calamari was excellent but my favorite were these little whole octupi (about three inches long) that had been marinated in soy sauce with lime and then cooked in a wok. I was hesitant at first to chew the head off one, but they were great.

Power is nothing till you use it.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2014, 04:49:18 pm »

I ate lots of squid and octupi on east coast vacation. There was this Japanese buffet restaurant in Virginia Beach that had each prepared many ways. The grilled calamari was excellent but my favorite were these little whole octupi (about three inches long) that had been marinated in soy sauce with lime and then cooked in a wok. I was hesitant at first to chew the head off one, but they were great.

Yum!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2014, 10:01:17 pm »

Great.

My wife took the kid to a restaurant. I'm still going to hit Petty's. I also followed a link from Dback for ideas.

There is also this that I am investigating...

http://www.amazon.com/Sea-Best-Breaded-Calamari-Rings/dp/B00DJLKSD6/ref=pd_sim_sbs_gro_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=19R7HVZ84HK5G071V99F

And this:

Before you freak out, remember its stored in "natural ink"...
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 10:07:21 pm by guido911 » Logged

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2014, 11:08:37 pm »

Are you sure it wasn’t pig rectum, er uh, something else from piggy anatomy?  Kiss

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2014, 11:09:26 pm »

My wife took the kid to a restaurant. I'm still going to hit Petty's. I also followed a link from Dback for ideas.

There is also this that I am investigating...

http://www.amazon.com/Sea-Best-Breaded-Calamari-Rings/dp/B00DJLKSD6/ref=pd_sim_sbs_gro_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=19R7HVZ84HK5G071V99F

And this:

Before you freak out, remember its stored in "natural ink"...

Squid ink is one exotic ingredient we have not tried yet.  I figured it’s got to be pretty bitter since it’s used as a defense mechanism.   Let me know how that goes if you try it.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org