A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:16:42 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TulsaNow July Meeting: Transportation Choices  (Read 12873 times)
chimchim
Citizen

« on: June 23, 2014, 08:51:02 pm »

TulsaNow has advocated for better transportation choices for over 12 years.  It is well known that mass transit systems reduce wear and tear on roads, ease traffic congestion, and provide better quality of life and economic development opportunities.  These benefits have been well-documented by federal, state, and local reports.  The Transportation Advisory Board has made recommendations on how to proceed to implement better mass transit in our city.  Citizens voted for a Bus Rapid Transit system along Peoria Ave., yet the "critical mass" ...or "political will" seem to still be a challenge.  How to move forward?

You're invited!
Please join us Wed. Jul. 2nd, 6:00pm
at Foolish Things Coffee Company.

This month we'll be talking about transportation policy with Tulsa Transit, and the Transportation Advisory Board.  We'll discuss the efforts that have helped put a spotlight on transit issues this year, and we'll talk about how to move forward with more choices for transportation.

Speakers:
Jamie Jamieson, member of the Transportation Advisory Board.  Established in 2009, the Transportation Advisory Board has been commissioned to advise the Mayor and City Council on all matters affecting land transportation in Tulsa including, but not limited to, streets and rights-of-way maintenance and construction, traffic engineering, mass transit, rail and trail systems.

Debbie Ruggles, Asst. General Manager of Tulsa Transit.

We hope to see you there!
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 07:13:46 am »

I will be busy driving around in my car at that time.

Kidding.

I will be in Washington D.C. that evening. That seems like a good forum and Jamie is always a fun speaker.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 07:21:05 am »

MC and I loved the District 4 candidate forum, we will try to make as many of these as possible. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 01:29:40 pm »

Bump.  Have your voice heard.

We will be there.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org