A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:32:25 am
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Creek turnpike trail closed east of yale?  (Read 12588 times)
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2014, 03:29:40 pm »

The zigging and zagging adds up.  I believe its roughly 4 miles from 11th/SW Blvd to 41st street (it'd be 3 miles if it were straight south)

Yes - that plus the cross streets are NOT always visible from the trail, MY personal best time for a 5K is 25:33 that I set back in 2008 at the Pancake 5K race in Columbus Ohio- (Hilliard, Ohio) The closest I came to getting near it was the "Route 66 CPA 5K" back in 2011 when I pulled in 26:03. I'm working on my speed. In the "Run To The Son 5K Race" I pulled in 26:06 I think that was also back in 2011 (if not it was 2012). I need to pick up 30+ seconds. The problem is I'm getting older and slowing down-- Back in the 1980's I was able to run a 7.5 pace, today I'm lucky to do a 8.5. That 2008 Pancake 5K was a blast, after the race we ate Pancakes and other treats, I pulled in 2nd place for my age group, a guy from Detroit took 1st place in my age group. The last kilometer was full throttle  all the way I could hear a pack of runners behind me and I had about 6 or 7 runners around me we were giving it all we had, I was surprised when I came around the last bend and saw the clock at the finish line I could not believe my time, then after the race I felt I could of done better, I could of gained a few seconds if I did or that during the race. Such is the sport of running, and racing is part of that sport.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 03:46:42 pm by sauerkraut » Logged

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2014, 03:33:27 pm »

I'm happy with a simple stop watch & mile markers.

But most aren't...therefore, no mile markers needed
sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2014, 03:50:05 pm »

But most aren't...therefore, no mile markers needed
Then why did they use mile markers for the first part of the trail, and quit the markers at mile number 3.5? Why not make everyone happy and put in some mile markers all the way down the newly paved trail, heck they spent a ton of money on other fancy frills around the trails, cut out some of the frills and use that money for mile markers.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2014, 03:56:42 pm »

Then why did they use mile markers for the first part of the trail, and quit the markers at mile number 3.5? Why not make everyone happy and put in some mile markers all the way down the newly paved trail, heck they spent a ton of money on other fancy frills around the trails, cut out some of the frills and use that money for mile markers.

Dude, I don't know.  Why don't you cut out some of your frills and buy a freaking watch like Conan said?

Christ almighty, it's like I'm sittin' here playing cards with my brother's kids or somethin',
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 03:59:57 pm by Townsend » Logged
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2014, 04:31:41 pm »

That's a lot of money for those watches and I have a hard time setting my cheap $50.00 heart watch timer  thing all that computer junk is beyond me I'm happy with a simple stop watch & mile markers.

My guess is that you are more likely to buy a Runner's Watch than you are to get mile markers.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2014, 10:58:15 pm »

That's a lot of money for those watches and I have a hard time setting my cheap $50.00 heart watch timer  thing all that computer junk is beyond me I'm happy with a simple stop watch & mile markers.

How about just running for the sake of running?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2014, 09:31:41 am »

Many Gold Stars to you!!!   Yes!  Just don't need all that other nonsense....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2014, 11:03:03 am »

giving up on embedding youtube  (can we get that fixed)

http://youtu.be/O6SEXp3-lo8?t=12s

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2014, 01:29:32 pm »

giving up on embedding youtube  (can we get that fixed)

http://youtu.be/O6SEXp3-lo8?t=12s

Using URL shorteners is what does it.  That and using a secure link (any link that includes https will break the embed..to fix that, just replace it with http and it works fine).

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2014, 03:22:12 pm »

I like to enter races- it's part of the sport of running  to test your ability against other runners and push yourself to the max. I need to know how my running pace is and what I need to improve on. Running is a fun & addictive sport if running was no fun I would not be doing it, I don't do sports I don't enjoy.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org